AALBC.com (African American Literature Book Club) is the oldest, largest, and most frequently visited, web site dedicated to books and film by or about people of African descent. Started in 1997, AALBC.com is a widely recognized source of author profiles, book and film reviews, book recommendations, event information, discussion forums, writer resources, interviews, articles, videos, and more.
- Promote the diverse spectrum of Black literature and film by making it more accessible to a broader spectrum of readers
- Satisfy readers’ book buying needs through AALBC.com other independent booksellers
- Serve as a resource and vehicle of expression for aspiring and established writers and film makers
- Provide a forum for the exchange of constructive opinions on Black literature and culture (aalbc.com/tc)
- Foster an appreciation for reading by providing a platform for authors to reach readers who will enjoy their writing
- Advocate for web equality and independence (huria.org and aalbc.com/blog)
- Assess and report on the reading habits of African Americans (powerlist.info)
Advertising & Author Promotion
AALBC.com offers multifaceted opportunities for advertising on our website and eNewsletter which includes free social media promotion. We deliver content to over 250,000 visitors each month. More than 5 million advertisements are served to our visitors in a variety of formats including, many of the standard banner ad sizes, our unique very large book covers, video, and a very sophisticated ads formats. Leverage our unique position to reach our large, targeted audience.
We also collaborate with several important media properties that serve to extend our reach; including MosaicBooks.com (the first website dedicated to Black literature), CushCity.com (founder of the National Black Book Festival), The Book Look (host of a popular online video program), Huria Search and others.
Small budget? No problem. AALBC.com offers a range of services with price points to meet every budget and maximize exposure per dollar spent. Learn more about advertising on AALBC.com.
We sell a lot of books. Since 2010, more than 5,600 unique titles were sold -- the majority of which were written by authors of African-descent. We sell books directly, for authors and through affiliate programs. We are also a reporting website for the national best-selling book list the Power List.
Our highly desired book reviews offer candid critiques of both fiction and nonfiction books. Learn how to have your book reviewed by AALBC.com.
Check our the hundreds of film reviews and news on films from independent filmmkaers and the major studios.
Edit 1st Manuscript Editing Services (www.edit1st.com) : We provide a full range of editing services, including, proofreading, copy-editing, developmental editing and more.
As the founder and webmaster of AALBC.com, Troy Johnson is a public speaker in demand. He holds a degree in electrical engineering from Syracuse University, a MS in Information Systems Engineering from Polytechnic University, and an MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business. He has also completed Stanford University's Publishing on the Web Course. Troy speaks on a wide variety of topics including the Black publishing industry, independence on the web and Internet marketing (including SEO and social media). Click here to see a list a upcoming events.
One-On-One Internet Consulting
The array of new and rapidly changing applications, websites, social media, and tools that comprise the modern Internet can be overwhelming. Building and managing websites since 1996, Troy Johnson, is uniquely qualified to help you establish or better manage your online presence.
- African-American Literature Discussion Board (Thumper’s Corner)
- Culture, Race & Economy Discussion Board (Cynique’s Corner)
- AALBC.com Poet's Discussion Board (The Poetree)
- Press Releases - New Books and Related Topics (Share Your Press Releases With Us)
- Visit Our Discussion Board Archives (Conversation from November 2002 to January 2010)