AALBC.com (the African American Literature Book Club) is uniquely positioned to display your online advertisement before a large and highly targeted audience of avid readers and those interested books, or about, people of African descent. Launched in 1998 AALBC.com is the largest website dedicated to books by or about people of African descent. Review AALBC.com's visitor demographics.
1325 5th Ave Suite 2K
New York, NY 10029
Advertisements can appear on a single page, several pages, or virtually every single AALBC.com webpage.
- NEW highly visible advertising options including, Page Peel, Light Box, and Wall Paper Ads
- Virtually all Banner Types Supported Including Images, Embedded Video, Flash, and Text
- Very Large Book Cover - 300 pixels wide
- Large Horizontal (Leader board 728X90)
- 300 x 250 Banner Rectangle Banner
- Large Vertical (Skyscraper 160X600)
- Embedded Video Advertising Banner
- Book Cover - 175 pixels high (homepage placement and books section main page)
- Book Cover - 200 pixels high (homepage placement and hundreds of other popular AALBC.com pages)
- Advertisers are entitled to a free Author profile for spending more than $300 on AALBC.com services.
- Campaigns running for three consecutive months or longer are eligible for discounts
- eNewsletter Sponsorships - The only advertisement in the entire eNewsletter!
- Customize your own campaign, prices are negotiable
- Annual Sponsorship Packages available (Contact us to Discuss Options)
- Advertisers may be mentioned, at our discretion, on AALBC.com’s social media platforms and our popular eNewsletter (a combined reach of over 50,000+ readers)
- Homepage Only Placement costs $49 per month
- Run of Site (ROS) Ads at Bottom of all Pages are only $79 per month (ROS ads are shown on virtually every page)
- ROS, Above the Fold Placement, costs $249 per month without reporting
- ROS, Above the Fold Placement, with reporting is $10 CPM ($10 for every 1,000 times your banner is shown). You will be provided with a monthly report or an account for real-time reporting. Contact us directly for more information.
- There is a 20% discount on all advertisements running 3 consecutive months
- Advertisements run in 31 day increments. Campaigns may start on any date and end at midnight 32 days later (we don't count the first partial day of the campaign)
- Easy and secure credit card, check, debit card payments via PayPal (including financing for orders over $99)
- Certified check or money order payments accepted via mail (sorry no checks, without advance approval)
- If you are planning to run multiple ads or run a campaign lasting more than two months, prices are negotiable—Just Ask!
Advertisers who take advantage of the Power Campaign will have their book displayed thousands of times each day, in prominent positions, on multiple websites which serve readers of Black literature.
- 15% commission on any advertising sold to a new client.
- Payout via PayPal or check 30 days after payment received from client or after campaign begin—whichever comes later.
- Contact Troy Johnson at 347-692-2522 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
Your own web site on AALBC.com. Your photo, bio, book covers with descriptions, excerpts and more. Includes homepage placement for 1 full month! AALBC.com author profiles are permanently displayed on the site.
AALBC.com Book Reviews
Click here to read how to have your book reviewed by AALBC.com
1 Appear on Every AALBC.com Page with Your AALBC.com Coffee Mug
Have you photos appear on virtually every AALBC.com web page. These photos will be displayed at the bottom of every AALBC.com page. Your photos will be viewed thousands of times a month.
To take advantage of this offer; (1) Order an AALBC.com mug or any AALBC.com Branded Product, and (2) email a photograph of you holding the mug, with your name, the title of your book, and a link to your website. We will setup the rest (see examples below).
2 ·Use Our Discussion Forums
We have an active set of discussion forums. One is dedicated to African American Literature and is called Thumper's Corner.
You can sign up for an account (using Facebook or Twitter if you like). Once you create an account, you'll be able to share information about yourself and your work.
You may shares photos, text, video, links back to your website. The forums are feature rich and you can ever shares you posts using a variety of social media -- directly from the forum.
We also offer a forum for sharing press releases. Simply copying and pasting your press release will allow you to share your press release while preserving the original formatting.
Finally, we often use information, we discover on our discussion forums, for our monthly eNewsletter.
Please Note: Those who make the most of these platforms actually engage others. The worst thing you can do is just post your promotional information over and over without contributing to the conversation or responding to others. This is called "spamming", please avoid doing it, besides it is not very effective.
The Top 10 Things You Need to Know about On-line Advertising
by AALBC.com Founder Troy Johnson
- Advertise on sites that target your audience.
- Advertise on sites that have high traffic.
- Advertise on sites that can provide details on your advertising campaign (how many times was the ad viewed and clicked). This will enable you to compare how well your advertisement is performing relative to other sites or forms of advertising.
- More is always better: The more targeted people who see your advertisement, the more people who will have an opportunity to take action (fill out a form, visit a website, view a video, or buy a book).
- Your creative (book cover, ad banner, or video) must be visually appealing (text legible, no fuzzy images)
- Your landing page (where you send visitors who click you ad) should be; visually appealing, free of errors, directly related to and provide more information on the advertised product.
- On-line advertising (advertising in general) is not a 1 week proposition. It takes time to build a brand; and continuous advertising is required to maintain it: Coca Cola, McDonalds, and Apple still buy advertising. Be sure advertising is part of your budget.
- While the ultimate goal of your advertising campaign may be to sell a book; that is not the only reason you advertise (see #7).
- On-line advertising does not replace promotion. Continue to promote your brand both on-line and off-line.
- Ultimately, your business success is a function of your ability to maximize a customer's AWARENESS of a product that actually satisfies that customer's NEED.
Online advertising is an important tool to help expose your book to a large number of people at a relatively low cost. While increased exposure does not automatically guarantee a best seller (there are several factors which contribute to this); no exposure will certainly guarantee a flop.
The following information will help you understand how on-line advertising in general, and with AALBC.com in particular, can help increase your book's exposure and lead to more sales.