Prince is Dropping Two New Albums

prince-art-official-age-500.jpg

ART OFFICIAL AGE, becomes available on September 30.  I stumbled across this looking for something else.  Whatever that something else was I've forgotten what is was as got detracted listening to cuts and reading comments about this upcoming release.

I'm not exactly a rabid Prince fan, but he generally gives an excellent live performance.  I've seen him twice but I know many who have seen him 10, 20, 30 times.  I can't think of any artist I would go through the effort and expense of seeing that many times. 

At any rate it was interesting to read some people get on Prince for being irrelevant and autotuning to worshiping him believe he is the best thing since mobile access to Facebook.

At any rate hopefully I'll make a few buck from people clcking the link: http://aalbc.it/artofficialage to buy Princes latest from iTunes.

If sales of Prince's latest can help subsidize my efforts to share information about important books it is all good!

badge_itunes-lrg.png

I'm not exactly a prince fan myself.  I'm more familiar with his older music, I have not purchased anything his has made in many years, but his concerts are really quite good.

I do know that there are many Prince fans out there, hence the mention here.

Go see a Prince concert when you can.

Because my daughters were such fans of Prince back in the day, I fell in line and started liking him, too.  I've been to many of his concerts over the years and have always found the audiences as entertaining as the performer. What adulation would erupt when Prince played one of his old favorites.  The problem became, because Prince is so obstinate, after a while all he wanted to perfom were new songs that, to me,  were forgettable. 

My enthusiasm for his music gradually waned.  I still love old school Prince of the 80s but "Adore" is the last song  I can think of that I really got into. 

Truth be told, I outgrew Prince.  To me, he became too self absorbed while becoming a caricature of himself, and his music didn't grab me anymore.  But, he does have longevity, having maintained his following while cultivating a new generation of fans.  So, what do I know? :wacko:

• Like 1

Cynique I feel the same way except the last Prince song I really liked was Call my name. I hqve seen him do an after show which is where he really shines. They are more like a jam session. I was a mad Prince fan at one point I had about 50 albums, bootlegs, singles, concerts and outtakes. There a good documentary about Prince. It. Features ?uestlove, Eric Leeds, and Kwame who wrote a book about Prince. The best take was that he never wanted to be normal or ordinary. Which explains a lot. I think he's ki d of list his way musically and some of his opinions are pretty strange and not I'm a good way.