BLACK NURSE GETS EBOLA/

BLACK NURSE  AMBER  VINSON   GOT  EBOLA,SHE  AND   OTHER MEDICAL   PEOPLE TREATED ERIC DUNCAN  WHO  DIED LAST WEEK/SHE   FLEW  ON A  PLAN TO  OHIO  ,  WITH  FEVER,   NOW EVERYBODY'S  IN FEAR.//ON PBS  LAST  WEEK    ,TOPIC WAS EBOLA.PERSON   SAID     EBOLA WAS  IN   AFRICAN  BATS,AFRICAN PEOPLE   PROBALY  ATE   BATS   AND   GOT EBOLA.WHAT/SO EBOLA  AND  AIDS     ORGINATED  FROM  AFRICA..AMAZING....IVE   SEEN,DOCUMENTARIES  ON ADOLF  HITLER'S SCIENTIST  CREATED     LABORATORY    TERROR,MAKES YOU WONDER./////

With all that continues to happen around the world, I can't quell the stubborn suspicion that has continued to haunt me down through the years. And the suspicion is that somewhere, somehow, some way for some reason, the black race has been cursed! Nothing seems to go its way, the Eboli scourage being the latest example of this. Plagues, poverty, wars and racism continue to be the ongoing fate of the African continent and its diaspora. And the cruelest cut of all is how in this country, the young generation of Blacks are killing each other, not to mention making themselves targets for murdering white police who are just looking for an opportunity to gun down what they perceive as a threat. And languishing away in the prisons, ill-served by the justice system, tapped to be the product of an industry, are a host of black males whose potential was wasted in a system that left them unprepared to do anything but choose crime as a way of life. Cursed, indeed.

It's no wonder that here in America, black folks look to Jesus to lift it burdens, including the ones weighing down the shoulders of this nation's first black president, the beleagured Barack Hussein Obama. Prayer seems to be the only place to turm, but even Christ seems to have turned his back on us. Of the 14 men I have seen elected to the highest office in the land, I have never witnessed one so disrespected, so hated, so ridiculed, so criticized,  even by some of his own people, than Obama. I have serious doubts if any Secret Service agent would lay down his life for, or take a bullet for this man.  He is the whipping boy of the Republicans, especially the conservative right wing of this party. I listen to these bought-and-paid-for political bigots and my gut is filled with revulsion. I really dislike  these hacks and their constituencies. Obama is becoming a tragic figure, victimized by circumstances over which he has no control. He is the poster boy for the old adage of being careful what you wish for, because you might get it!

But, then, the country, itself, is a mess. What is distrubing is the ineptitude that exists at the top. The Administration resembles the work place of a company rife with inefficiency, where petty office politics hamper progress, where those in charge have been promoted to their level of incompetency, doing the only thing they are proficient at which is passing the buck. Meanwhile, the rich get richer, the poor get welfare, and those in the middle are caught up in taking sides with politicians who represent their prejudices, rather than their best interests.

And of course, there's Iraq and Afghanistan and - ISIS. Where to be begin? Terrorism has America by the balls, forcing it into a corner where the most powerful country in the world can't win for losing. Maybe global warming will prevail, and Earth will melt away into oblivion. :D

• Like 1

Classic Cynique.  I enjoyed reading that.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment ('cause while what you've written resonates with me but I am of two minds on many of the issues you've raised).

Don't you think that your feelings are reflection being exposed to decades of our media's negative bias--especially when it comes to Black people?

We know if it "bleeds it leads".  Consider how much energy and effort has been put into covering the 2 or 3 cases on Ebola contracted here in the US.  A recent poll I read in Forbes said, essentially,1/2 the American population believes the United States is at risk of an epidemic.  If you listen to right wing radio, they are fanning the flames of panic and they want the government to behave as if we are in an epidemic.

We all know that the news rarely prints, outside the month of February, anything positive about what Black folks are doing.  Even in February the same ole folks are trotted out, MLK, Frederick Douglas, etc.  

How often to we read about a Black person who is not a TV or film personality, or athlete?  Still, when we read about these folks it is often related to something scandalous.

Having run AALBC.com for 17 years I completely understand why this is the case, the masses simply prefer to read negative content about celebrities, rather than something positive about another Black person who is not a celebrity.  The fact that Karrin Stephans' book Confessions of a Video Vixen, is the all-time, #1 bestselling book on AALBC.com, illustrates this fact.

I spend a great deal of time and effort trying to share positive information from the book world, but I also know I do this at a great sacrifice, because very few people are interested in this type of content.   If you are reading this you are probably not one of those people, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

This fact is also the reason their is a bias toward scandalous, negative content across all platforms.  Have you taken a look at the top Black top websites, or the websites of Black owned newspapers or magazines (that remain) and the content they produce?   And please don't get me started on the white owned websites who produce content for Black readers.

As a result, of the media's revenue driven, negative bias toward Black people, it is perfectly logical to draw the conclusion that, "black race has been cursed."  Nothing else makes sense.