Beliefs

Delano, is it because you possess some kind of psychic gift, that you think others do also???  Your cryptic little out of context messages pop up and I have to try and read your mind in order to figure out your frame of reference.  Sometimes its like you sense a question and then answer it before it's asked...  :huh:   

You seem to be a rather mercurial person.  That's not meant to be an insult; just an observation. B)

• Like 1

Del, perspective is everything, everyone is different, and facts are irrelevant.

Trying to change the beliefs of others based upon information, is largely a waste of time unless they are actually trying to learn and are in search of the truth--which is a rare characteristic.

It is not opposition to you Del, it is human nature.

Appeal to people's emotions.  They don't care about "better results," they care only about the way something makes them feel. 

@Harry if you are reading this, this is why the Black preachers you often decry are so successful--they are expert at appealing to people's emotions.  

Cynique that is the issue exactly. You are very god st reading my mind. Do you root consciously. Mercurial is interesting because in Astrology Mercury rules thinking. I have found an aspect to Mercury. That amplified mercury. Hadn't paid much attention to it. I just thought I was making a statement.

Appeal to people's emotions.  They don't care about "better results," they care only about the way something makes them feel. 

And this is why fighting to keep people engaged is so hard. I actually think all people are hedonistic in all they do. Some people simply fight to be selfless, but even then it's still all about "us". This comment though... is why Blacks are in the overall position that we are in. Instant gratification is the best drug in the world.

• Like 1

Hey Chris, though we disagree from time to time, we share a similar thought process.  I read the analysis of the results of your kick starter campaign, that you shared on your website I found it very interesting.  But the thing you left out was the impact of your video.  

I think your video was excellent.  You came across as someone we just wanted to support.  You appealed to people emotionally--people would feel good about themselves by supporting you. It was a great approach for crowd funding.  Now if you were trying to obtain funding from some VC folks, you better have some figures.

Del, most of the time people use anecdotes or personal beliefs to support their arguments, not facts.  In fact, people will often use anecdotes to refute facts. When people start arguing over facts I'm learning to abandon those arguments.  

That Kickstarter was a real deal kick in the head. You think of all the people you interact with through the years and you automatically assume support will be given. I'm starting to realize though, people only have disposable income for popularity.

I have a really strange approach to discussion. I tend to argue the losing side until I get something across and then I argue the opposite idea. It's confusing but it allows me to understand each position.

Del I think the opposition you encounter is the same that we all encounter. It's a motivational construct that keeps the engine running.

Real quick Troy, at the exact same time I ran my kickstarter another shoe company garnered 120,000 in 3 days. The difference was the guy was a professional athlete. One other shoe company raised 100,000 and then failed to deliver in a timely fashion and delivered a scrappy product. Both of those companies had slick, well produced videos. I think my grassroots video approach was a failure especially when I had a 4 year proven track record and those other campaigns didn't.

The idea that you seem to find opposition. I don't know you, so I can't say you aren't being attacked/opposed all of the time, but I see a lot of people who feel hated on or opposed and honestly no one is hating at all. People are simply finding a way to motivate themselves. I'm saying your feeling of being opposed is motivational tool. Could it be real? Of course, but most of the time people don't really have hatred or opposition.