Things that rile my bile

Ex-NYC mayor, Rudy Giuliani, desperate to make headlines, recently declared that Obama doesn’t love America, presumably because POTUS displayed religious tolerance when it comes to Islam and doesn’t saber rattle and threaten to put boots down in countries that won’t stand up and defend themselves from terrorism. STFU, Rudy. I wouldn’t blame Obama if he didn’t love the America which you personify: arrogant, white, conservative, super patriotic, capitalistic, hypocritical Republicans, who are anti-poor and anti-women. Right wing racists like you jerks make me sick to my stomach, and I wish Fox News would collapse under the weight of its lies and stupidity.

A Texas jury found the guy guilty who gunned down the assassin who took pride in killing hundreds of Iraqi citizens suspected of aiding and abetting the enemy. Chris Kyle, and his side kick, Chad Littlefield were the victims of pot-smoking Eddie Ray Routh, a veteran afflicted with PTSD.The trial judge immediately sentenced Routh to life imprisonment for murdering these 2 who were supposedly trying to help this troubled misfit, diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic.  Routh’s attorneys mounted an insanity defense, but is someone who gave Chris Kyle a shot of his own medicine really crazy? The blood-thirsty Texas jury, for whatever reason, took less than 3 hours to avenge the manslaughter of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield.  Of course there is a whole community of people who saw "American Sniper", the blockbuster movie about Chris Kyle, and who think he was a courageous hero. Me? Not so much. I think his karma caught up with him. He lived by the gun and died by it. The family of Chad Littlefield, declared that they were “thrilled” God answered their prayers, happy I assume, because the killer of a killer was found guilty. Any chance they'd consider that, like Chris Kyle’s Iraqi targets, their son Chad was a victim of collateral damage.

Giuliana Rancic a bag of bones host of the "E" channel's Fashion Police TV committed the faux pas of criticizing the dreadlocks Zandaya appeared on the Oscar’s red carpet wearing. Zandaya, an 18-year-old Disney Studios star, took offense and burnt up social media boards, criticizing Guiliana for giving thumbs down to the coarse ropes sprouting from her head and crawling around her shoulders. On and on she ranted, lecturing Giuiliana for her racism and insensitivity. Eliciting 2 apologies from Rancic, didn’t silence Zandaya’s bitching about her hair style being slammed. I gotcha back on this one, Guiliani, even if you are an anorexic air head with a name that sounds just like Rudy’s. I can’t stand dreadlocks. 'Have never figured out what statement they make or why anyone who wasn’t a Rasta would waste money and time having coarse synthetic fiber braided into their hair so they can look like Medusa. If I want to sneer at this coiff and my doing so offends the wearer, tough shit. I don’t care for your hair style so why should you care about my opinion??? Shake it off.

Then there’s Patricia Arquette. The buxom, fashion-challenged, best supporting actress spoke out for equal pay for women during her Oscar acceptance speech. But she took heat later from those who couldn’t relate to a white woman complaining about equal pay, considering that she makes much more than the average black male actor. When she elaborated on her statement by saying she was also speaking for poor people, minorities and - omigod, Gays, her noble intentions really tanked! Poor Patricia, she can’t win for losin.

Elsewhere, Lady Gaga’s fiance presented her with a million dollar engagement ring, and JayZ and Queen Bee have purchased an 18 million dollar mansion in Beverly Hills. Yawn. The excesses of the rich and famous never fail to bore me. Extravagance is no substitute for class. And who but an jeweler knows the difference between a diamond and a cubic zirconia. Who needs a hotel to maintain instead of a cozy home to live in. Or, does being able to afford materialistic things automatically increase your value as a person of substance. Books are cheap, and reading them cost nothing. But people involved with these things are probably a lot more interesting than these 3 superstars.  

I'm done. <_<

• Like 2