Jodi Dean - Explains Limits of Social Media in Under Capitalism

No she does not possess the fiery rhetoric of a Farrakhan, nor the witty puns of an Al Sharpton, so the information she has will largely go unheard by Black people.  Of course putting this info in a best selling book will not help is either.

Both this is always the case.

We have answers and solutions, but most of us aren't even aware of the problem, so it is hard to get folks to work and make sacrifices to fix something that don't even recognize is a problem...

I didn't finish it, but I guess I have a grasp on the issues and I'm not a very political person so it kind of falls flat to me although the issue is important.I already work to disseminate information and to try and pull people away from their routines. I also work to get people to discuss things that they can actually control. Like you said though, people don't even realize that they are contributing to their own eventual demise in regard to business.

Every time I talk to someone about business, they simply don't understand the need to support local biz as opposed to chains. They don't realize that they should support individual websites by visiting those instead of launching more and more groups on Facebook. I won't stop trying and explaining, but I guess that's what will eventually place me in a different position than most... I hope.