"The drug war is a Holocaust in slow motion"

No question that for the most part the war on drugs in a war on AfroAmericans.
Infact it goes deeper than that......

It's clear that racist workingclass Whites didn't like the fact that so many Black pepole were accumulating wealth by working in factories and other labor jobs in America's cities and that anger created an atmosphere where most of those manufacturing jobs could be moved out out of the inner cities and eventually overseas.

Then they moved the dope in for young men to sell and began to SELECTIVELY TARGET those whom they choose to prosecute and imprison.

Those are facts.

But this is the question....
Black people have suspected since the 60s and KNOWN since 1996 that these covert groups were bringing dope into the hood.
So why are so many still selling it KNOWING that it's a trick and trap to destroy the community and get them thrown in jail?

See, I believe this is merely a SYMPTOM of a much greater problem.

This is a very sad thing to say bro......

You might ban my from this site after saying this but..........

It's become clear to me that many of our people are simply intellectually deficient.
In other words too many are just plain STUPID and can't think well enough to avoid the tricks and traps set out to destroy them.

White racists in power know this and they take advantage of them.

If it's not drugs, it's AIDS, or the flood in New Orleans, or some other tool used to destroy them that they can't seem to think clearly enough to escape.

I mentioned this before but I believe intelligent educated Black people have a responsibility to look out for those of our people who...whether it's a minority or majority of them...can't look out for themselves.

I would NEVER ban you, or anyone, for expressing an opinion Pioneer. 

I do believe we really need to be fighting for education and I don't mean just the three R's.  Education is even more important than universal health care.  I think that would solve a great many problems.

There are many intelligent, educated Black people who need help too.   What you really mean is monied Black people need to look out for those who need help.  History shows that rich Black people are mostly interested in making more money or just making themselves more comfortable.

Drugs are an escape and way of easing the pain for most people.  The problem comes from law enforcement.   I don't think drugs would be as big a problem as alcohol is, if it were not for law enforcement which are enslaving Black men.

I think were are simply victims of a racist society.  We are behaving stupidly as a result.  

I'm sitting here watching the Black press disappear right before my eyes and we are too "stupid" to even notice or care....

I know you're  fair dude, I just like saying that as a cover before I say something controversial.....lol.

I like how you said you would never ban me.....but didn't leave it at that.
You made conditions specific with "for expressing an opinion", thus leaving the door open for kicking a brother off for other reasons, lol.

I do believe we really need to be fighting for education and I don't mean just the three R's. Education is even more important than universal health care. I think that would solve a great many problems.

Education is valuable to those who will receive it and use it.
But I don't think MOST people are capable of earning a college degree regardless or race.

I'm not talking down on anyone, I'm saying this as a man who doesn't have a degree myself.

You're an educated man.
Did you graduate with the same people you entered college with?

If you were honest you'd admit that MOST people wouldn't or couldn't do what you did to get your degree(s).
Some wouldn't do it because they don't have the brain power, others wouldn't do it because they don't have the discipline to study.

One of the reasons I've been fighting to get more manufacturing and manual labor jobs is because I really believe that those are the type of jobs most of our people would thrive in as opposed to jobs that require a higher education.

I sincerely believe that one of the reasons they took away the factory jobs and made so many jobs high-tech requiring a degree was that they were counting on most Black people not being able to achieve the level of education to qualify for those jobs.

I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist.
You can't get butter from a duck.
You can't FORCE people to be smarter and more intellectual if it's not in their nature or desire to be as such so we must provide an opportunity for them to function on their level and work on jobs they can manage.

But as far as the drug laws go..........

That too is a symptom of the larger problem of Black stupidity AND foolishness (and there is a difference).

As I've told Cynique....
There are enough Black people in law enforcement to DEMAND a change in these laws as well as reform the criminal justice system to better rehabilitate these brothers who are coming out.

It's one thing if Black people were still banned from becoming police officers, lawyers, judges, prosecuters, ect....
But even when Black people get in these positions and don't do anything worthwhile to change the situation that is devouring their own people....that is downright foolish.

Black people in positions of authority (legislatures and judges) should be united in RE-EVALUATING ALL OF THE CURRENT CRIMINAL LAWS.

They should be discussing legalization (or atleast decriminalization) as well as mass treatment instead of mass incarceration.

Unfortunately too many of them are so damn happy to just "get a good job" that they could care less, like you said.

One of the reasons I prefer Black ownership OVER simply begging for a position in corporate America is owning a business TEACHES you how to build your own system from scratch so you learn the ins and outs of it.
If it doesn't work, you know where the changes should be made.

The only lasting solution will be for AfroAmericans to develop their own legal and law enforcement system.

Mass incarceration is also being used to solve the "unemployment problem".

Rather than providing good jobs, they locking Black men up by the hundreds of thousands they take them off the street where they are no longer competition for jobs and other resources.

Unfortunately even after knowing this too many Black men continue to engage in reckless behavior that lead to there incarceration.

At the heart of it is the unwillingness to take responsibility for themselves.

Too many would rather go to prison and get fed, clothed, and had a bed to sleep on rather than getting a job and earning much much more for themselves.

I believe this is a prime example of institutionalization.

• Like 1

Pioneer I was not even thinking about college when I spoke about education.  I was think about just a solid high shool education which most people are capable of completing.  No everyone does not have to be a rocket scientist.

During orientation my freshman year all the engineers were gathered in a room and told, "...look to your left  and look to your right, one one of you will graduate."  And that was a room full of mostly white guys -- what do you think they thought of the brothers?.  I graduated, barely.  Mainly because I was ill prepared, but refused to fail.

That said have worked in a wide range of jobs from dish washer to VP of a Wall Street financial services firm (no big deal VP's were a dime a dozen).  I've been a full time entrepreneur for the better part of the last 7 years.  And let me tell you the game is rigged at every level.  We, not just Black folks, serve at the discretion for the rich and powerful.  Period.

Those who do best are usually entertainers and you better be a rap artist and not a jazz musician.  If you are writer, you better be writing celebrity-tel- all nbooks and not literature with complex Black characters.  If you are a journalist you better be writing stories about Beyonce's latest hair style instead of explaining why Obama is just a house Negro protecting the interests of the rich.

It really is no joke.  Again Mass incarceration is just one example of how the deck is stacked.  If you watched the film you'll see that Negroes get locked up and have the key thrown away.  The information is right there, but no one really cares to do anything about it... really.

Growing up in a working class Black neighborhood I came to realize something.....

Since Black people have been in America there's always been those among our people who are:

Exceptionally blessed

Exceptionally talented

Exceptionally intelligent

.....and it is usually these who tend to do better than the masses of AfroAmericans.

Black people with these gifts have learned to use them to their advantage to wade through the muck and mire of classism and racism in Western society and climb out of it to make and maintain a decent living for themselves and their IMMEDIATE families.

The problem is too often their children fall through the bottom and end up back in the condition their parents or grandparents fought so hard to get out of and keep THEM out of.

As I studied this problem I came to the conclusion that the system itself may have been designed to keep the majority of Black people in a state of poverty and dependence with only those blessed by the grace of God and are exceptionally gifted being able to overcome it.

I believe the system itself must be altered or replaced if we want to see the majority of our people to do well.

"I believe the system itself must be altered or replaced if we want to see the majority of our people to do well."  

Pioneer I would remove the restrictive statement "our" and say "I believe the system itself must be altered or replaced if we want to see the majority of people do well."  

As far as Black folks, you are probably right but the exceptional Black people are just a small percentage of the total.  Keep in mind many exceptional Black people don't make it.  There are a lot of exceptional people locked up! 

The reason the children often don't fare as well is because they are not exceptional, despite the advantages their exceptional parents may have provided.

You might as well as Exceptional Luck to your list too.

Troy

Pioneer I would remove the restrictive statement "our" and say "I believe the system itself must be altered or replaced if we want to see the majority of people do well."

Yes sir, I'm certainly in agreement with this statement.
There are a lot of White people who absolutely HATE this system and would like nothing better than to remove it.
Some don't even want to replace it....they just want to remove any and all systems economics, government, or any other organized authority.

They call themselves Anarchists.

Most of them tend to be immature, naive, and far too many come from a relatively sheltered life....but they still don't like the system and have a desire to remove it.

I think it was this very spirit of dissatifaction with the cur
rent system that the Republicans were able to take advantage of and form the Tea Party.
Once again another example of how the Democrats dropped the ball.

As far as Black folks, you are probably right but the exceptional Black people are just a small percentage of the total. Keep in mind many exceptional Black people don't make it. There are a lot of exceptional people locked up!

The reason the children often don't fare as well is because they are not exceptional, despite the advantages their exceptional parents may have provided.

And the White ethnic groups like Italians, Irish, Polish, ect....knew this.
They didn't trust a system created and managed by the W.A.S.P.'s.

People often think the Italians were the only gangsters but Jews, Irish, and other groups had their own syndicates since the 1800s. But they used most of their money and influence to get their children into law enforcement on both the local and federal level.

But as far as people making it............
I think for most people, things have just gotten TOO COMPLICATED.

The simplest shit, from the way people fill out forms to how they apply to jobs or learn to use the telephone has become increasingly complicated over the decades and it's leaving too many people behind.
This frustration in trying to make it in such a complicated society creates anger and resentment and drives some people to the point of desperation and criminality.

"The simplest shit, from the way people fill out forms to how they apply to jobs or learn to use the telephone has become increasingly complicated over the decades and it's leaving too many people behind."

Man as I interact with more people outside the rarefied realms of middleclassdom (about 10% of the population) to the working class I could not agree with this point more.

It gets much deeper.  But people are unaware of this because the few who control the media have no clue about how the masses operate.

Has anyone ever completed the FASFA or a CSS Profile for a college student?  I can tell you it would be essentially impossible to an undereducated person, without decent computer skills to complete the task.  Many high school student simply can't get it together. 

There are some agencies that complete the paper work for students.  But trust me it is FAR too complicated a process for "the masses" to do on their own. Rich people just pay tuition.  The midle class has skilled accounts to game the system.  The working class just muddles through or does not get it done and kids don't go to college.  Or the are preyed upon by the for profit schools that will gladly do the paperwork not caring if you graduate.

Troy

I think they learned from the legal system that there's a lot of money to be made keeping society unnecessarily complicated while keeping the masses in a state of feeleminded ignorance.

Laws used to be simple.....so simple you could defend yourself in court and didn't need a lawyer.
Now they have so many laws (literally millions) that not only do you need a lawyer but a CERTAIN TYPE of lawyer who specializes in a particular category of the library of laws that loom over the heads of the people.

Go to the post office.....
You go in with the intention of getting some stamps and mailing some letters and get 15 different options.
You end up leaving more frustrated and feeling stupid than when you came in.

Go to the grocery store.......
When they first implimented those automated check-outs it was a CHOICE.
Now when you get into line they have some lady standing their directing and forcing you to get out of the cashiers line and to a automatic check-out.
And even when you do everything right it still ends up fucking up, lol.

Go to pay a phone bill......
All those sales associates standing around leaning against the counter but none of them can take your bill, you gotta go to a machine and go through a series of personal questions just for it to take your money.

Yes sir, they've found out that there's money to be made in making society so complicated that the average person can't maneuver through it, only the exceptionally talented or blessed.
That's why in a way I can't beat up on these brothers too much because they were born in a  world they had no opportunity to help make and are trying to maneuver the best way they can.

Yeah we could go on all day with examples of why the US much more complicated than it needs to be.

You almost need a degree just to utilize of of the featured on my TV and you need 3 different remotes one for the sound system one for the cable box and one to the actual TV and that does not include the game consile , or TV devices. And forget universal remotes 'cause they actual require the degree.

All this carp just makes life more streesful -- 'cause people never really have a complete understanding of what is going on around them. 

But at the same timewe can't let folks completely off the hook because the people who can't complete the 1040-EZ form can describe in minute detail the intricacies in his hometown's sports teams teamd, personnel, relative strength against other teams in the league, coaching, defensive and offense strategy, salary caps, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the real issue is class and wealth, race is a smoke screen. King and X were killed after they were expanding their audience. For King it was the garbage strike and for. X it was dropping the white devil after going to Mecca.

I think certain policies or laws fall unevenly on the population.

Gambling cigarette and alcohol tax are going to fall more in poorer people. Since these purchases are a larger share if their income. Which is a regressive tax. Fair is everyone pays the same percentage. Progressive is the wealthier pay more.

• Like 1

I think intelligence is evenly distributed through the races. Don't count out criminals. Some criminals are very intelligent. There was a drug syndicate in Detroit in the 80's it was called Crime Inc. They ended being in the Wall Street Journal. The had an organization structure runners could move up if they didn't get killed by the competition, greed or the drugs. I think at one point they were more profitable than GM.

I believe going to school requires persistence. Hard work generally trumps intelligence. I believe if you learn the language or margin of a subject it becomes less mysterious.

Which is part of the reason I like to think very simply about things. You may be right I am just sharing my thoughts. Or we could both be right in our separate worlds.

I don't think it is easy to change things. Power is not that happy to give up power. Which is why a lot of people got shot in the drug wars.

I think most things come down to greed, money, and desire.

Pioneer I think it is important to look at power and human nature. I think it is also important to develops a world view. That extends beyond your neighborhood. I think if you have a access to books and are thirsty you can be on par with a college grad. Mr Wilson said to don't judge people to be less intelligent if they talk slow.

Mass incarceration is also being used to solve the "unemployment problem".

This is

Rather than providing good jobs, they locking Black men up by the hundreds of thousands they take them off the street where they are no longer competition for jobs and other resources.

Unfortunately even after knowing this too many Black men continue to engage in reckless behavior that lead to there incarceration.

At the heart of it is the unwillingness to take responsibility for themselves.

Too many would rather go to prison and get fed, clothed, and had a bed to sleep on rather than getting a job and earning much much more for themselves.

I believe this is a prime example of institutionalization.

This is a nice bit of reasoning

I heard a quote that if you redistributed the world's wealth. The richest 1% would have it back in three generations. You give any group drugs or alcohol they are going to unravel. I was in Zurich in the late 90's. There were about 100 heroin junkies in the park. I had never seen that before and Switzerland is a small country. Again no race has q monopoly on greatness or stupidity.

I heard a quote that if you redistributed the world's wealth. The richest 1% would have it back in three generations. You give any group drugs or alcohol they are going to unravel. I was in Zurich in the late 90's. There were about 100 heroin junkies in the park. I had never seen that before and Switzerland is a small country. Again no race has a monopoly on greatness or stupidity.

Delano

I heard a quote that if you redistributed the world's wealth. The richest 1% would have it back in three generations. You give any group drugs or alcohol they are going to unravel. I was in Zurich in the late 90's. There were about 100 heroin junkies in the park. I had never seen that before and Switzerland is a small country. Again no race has a monopoly on greatness or stupidity.

Ofcourse  no race has a monopoly on stupidity or greatness, but from a technological and financial point of view it is clear that for the past 4 or 5 hundred years or so, the Northern Europeans and to some extent the Northern Asians have been advancing farther than the rest of humanity in general.

I believe this is because those who founded this modern economic system set it up in a way that jives with their genetics.

That would explain the theory that if those who are the wealthiest were stripped of their wealth, they would get it back in short order.  A system has been designed to favor their very nature and allow them to rise towards the top regardless as to where they started.

Much of the wealth in this world is owned by Northern Europeans (White Americans, English, Germans) and Northern Asians (Russians, Japanese, Northern Chinese).

These groups share a lot of similar cultural traits and they have come together to make a society and world based on THEIR genetic and cultural traits like:

-Monogamy
-Sexual restriction or weak sexuality
-More left-brained logical pursuits
-Societies where you are expected to act one way at home and another way in public
-Disciplined in scientific/academic study

These are traits most wealthy families/communities in this world possess that set them apart from most of humanity who tend to be less disciplined and more sensuous and open with their feelings and behavior.

Also, it is known that Europeans tolerate alcohol much much better than Africans, Native Americans, or even Asians.  So in a society where alcohol consumption is so prevalant, who will be the winners?

I generally avoid universals. Lots of stuff japoens when there are mind altering substances involved. Character matters more than color.

((After trying to figure this response out for over 40 minutes, even sitting on the toilet and meditating on it......))

I constantly find myself running to the on-line dictionary after reading your posts to find out if certain words actually exist....lol.

Man, what the hell is a "jaopens"???

I can't find it in any of the dictionaries.

When I first read the context  I thought you may have meant to type "happens"?????

The letters to both words are close to eachother on the keyboard.

But if not, can you please clarify the meaning of "jaopens" before we go on?

Thanx in advance.

• 9 years later...

I actually have Jewish ancestry, who died in the holocaust, and am a cannabis user, I signed up to this site because I want to tell you my opinion about this. 

I would absolutely say that prohibition has caused a holocaust. And even compare in my head it to "the holocaust". The things they have in common: 

1) motivated by racism

That's right, the prohibition of drugs is not JUST enforced in a racist way. It is motivated by racism. It's important you understand that. If you've ever wondered why drug policy seems not dictated by health concerns, it's because it is dictated by racism. They didn't find something dangerous out about cannabis. They just said that it was making white women have sex with black Jazz musicians and banned it. That I hate the most, because I do love Jazz, and to hate Jazz... well, you got to be a monster. 

From a colonialist stand point, ganja is sacred in India, if there's a way to try to screw the Indians, it is to make ganja illegal. 

It's not about health, it's about who is perceived to be using the drugs. This is true of other drugs as well. They actually upped the caliber of police guns after a news story about black men being impenetrable to bullets on cocaine. 

2) an attack on your humanity

One of the horrifying things about the holocaust is that it was an attack on humans for being human. Some were just considered "inferior humans". 

Well, it's perfectly human to enjoy using drugs. That is why people use them. That is why people use them a lot. 

The lie now about why drugs are bad is less racist. It is that for illegal drugs, there is no safe usage, addiction is inevitable, and all the people using drugs are very sick people. It's important to understand that this is bigotry that's been put in your head, not real medical facts. Even for opium and coca leaf drugs I'm sure there's a way to use them in your spare time-- away from work and major responsibility-- that isn't necessarily deadly. For cannabis obviously killing yourself with cannabis isn't even an option smoke every day and you'll live to 100. So that's why they lie and say it will make you stupider, cause bad brain development, all these crazy things they didn't get a doctor they just made up. 

Drug users aren't sick, this bigotry has been put in everyone's head. Bigotry was put into people's heads during the holocaust too, to make them hate the Jews, the Roma, the other. 

Like with every enjoyable thing, there is a spectrum where it can be great, but also lead to something terrible. Even food can be your death. So there are sick drug users, I'm sure, but if all drugs were legal, there would be far fewer, because that safe usage would be acknowledged as possible and real. 

3) the majority of people use drugs

I'm sure there has been a holocaust because the majority of people smoke cannabis and love it. So if the government says they're going to go to War on all those people, that means they have declared war on the whole country pretty much. We all listened to "Champagne and Reefer." At least I did. 

I like to compare the Jewish star that Jews were made to sew on their clothes to employee drug tests. Employee drug tests are just a bigoted, out of control policy. It doesn't work very well, and if you seriously want my pee, you better realize, I'm going to pee in your face. 

We are suffering from mass incarceration-- over 2 million people in prison. Because we have laws against things that everybody does. And you just can't erase that from your society, because pot smoking people exist. 

Poverty, homelessness, I'm willing to bet are aggravated by drug policy. 

---------

Holocaust on All America or on Black Americans? 

I think that some black people didn't want to just take ownership of drug laws as a racial justice issue. They don't want to make people think they're the drug users. It does apply to everyone. I feel it's important to understand the racist motivations of drug laws so you understand that the attack isn't well intentioned, it is just an attack on a person's humanity. And that makes me unsurprised when I hear the drug laws are waged more on black communities and low income communities and immigrant communities. 

Some people think even if they had those racist motivations, now they have these important health motivations, so that's important. I disagree completely with that. 

-------

Well that's all I hope you understood what I was saying, if not, you can ask me anything. 

Welcome to the forums @CannabisLover1

In the years since the conversations was started a lot changed, but not really...

Instead of locking up Black people for minor drug offenses and throwing away the key. Folks, mostly white, are now profiting from weed sales which is legalized for medical use or completely outright in most of the country.

The number of deaths from drug over dose has increased substantially largely due to the criminal activity of the Sackler family's Purdue Pharma. The Sacklers literally got away with murder and are immune from lawsuits...

Prohibition is not the cause of the holocaust greed is. 

Man..I can't believe how CONSISTENT I've been over these 10 years!
Those same words and line of thought could have been said by myself 10 DAYS ago and would have been just as valid.

Everything in MODERATION.

I agree that the so-called "War on Drugs" is actually a way to mass incarcerate people....especially AfroAmerican males.
However there are enough Black cops, deputies, lawyers, judges, and prosecutors to actually DO something about it if the desire were strong enough.

Some AfroAmericans as individuals are indeed weak and helpless, but COLLECTIVELY as a community....we are NOT.

We are very strong and very large and have a lot of POTENTIAL power, the issue is getting our minds right and operating in unison towards a positive goal.