Black Women Booted off a Train for Laughing

I actually did my best to ignore this story, but I'm on social media and it is really difficult to filter out these types of stories.  I know some will be offended by that statement; "Troy how can you be so insensitive to Black women being kicked off the train for being too loud--they could be you wife, your sister, you mother, your daughters."  I know, I know, but honestly I can't get too bent out of shape about these situations.  So much worse happens everyday that is completely ignored

But I broke down and decided to check out one of the articles linked from Facebook and I and came across this photo.  I immediately recognized at least three of the women.  One is a published author, profiled here on AALBC (and she is cool people too).

I had know idea this story went freaking global--the story made Al Jazeera!  Honestly. it is not clear to me why this particular situation made international news.....5 minutes late....looking to figure this out..... OK I now see that the story picked up steam on Twitter #laughingwhileblack this went viral and every news outlet hopped on board, if you look at the tweets it was a feeding frenzy.  

How did I miss this?  Easy, I post to twitter remotely and when have to use the website I have blinders on--I'm in an out.  

I hope something really positive comes out of this story.

train2.jpg

Apparently this is the woman who got the sisters kicked off the train.  

CNHZhHFUYAEY4vu.jpg

You get a bunch of sistas together and the drinks are flowin, things will get loud.  The sound of laughter shouldn't be that offensive to anybody unless it's disturbing their sleep.   But, apparently, when it comes to tight-assed white matrons, they also prefer tight lips. White people love it, however, when black folks grin and make them feel comfortable.  Black lives may not matter, but black laughs do - when they irritate Miz Anne.  .BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  There.  I feel better.:lol:

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 1