MATTER-OF-BLACKNESS/

FOX   NEWS,RUPERT   MURDOCH     SAID    BEN   CARSON   WOULD   BE  A REAL  BLACK  PRESIDENT/ IMPLYING   PRESIDENT    OBAMA  IS NOT  REALLY BLACK/FOX NEWS,TEA PARTY,REPUBLICANS    BELIEVE  PRESIDENT  WAS BORN  IN AFRICA,NOT HAWAII,//BEN CARSON  SAYS HE  WOULD  DO MORE  FOR BLACK PEOPLE/BEN CARSON,SAYS   IF JEWS  HAD GUNS     HOLOCAUST     WOULD  HAVE BEEN STOPPED/OK//SAID    OBAMA SUPPORTERS  ARE   LIKE  NAZI   SUPPORTERS,BEN CARSON,NOT  AWARE  OF  REPUBLICANS    HELPING  A NEO NAZI  GET ELECTED   IN  PENNSYLVANIA/FLORIDA   ,NATIONAL  GUARD  SOLDIER,NEO NAZI,TRAINING-NEO NAZI   FOR  THE COMING RACE  WAR...SURE THE  POPE  WAS NOT TOLD  THERE  ARE  NEO NAZI   SOLDIERS,POLITICIANS///BEN CARSON  SAYS  FOX NEWS  NOT RACIST////BEN CARSON NOT  AWARE   IN 2008  NEO  NAZI  WERE  PLANNING  TO ASSASSINATE   CANDIDATE BARACK  OBAMA  BEFORE THE ELECTION///

I don't know what to make of the Ben Carson surge, a phenomenon fueled by the outrageous statements that elate white conservatives, the group  whose support  has positioned him among the Republican front runners for president. He is always referred to as "brilliant neurosurgeon", something I am not impressed with.  Surgeons may have good hand-to-eye contact but this does not automatically make them critical thinkers or mentally balanced. Carson's simplistic solutions to complicated problems bespeak of a man who is totally out of touch with reality.  He comes across to me as the consummate good negro, whose prime objective is to not rock the boat by offending white people. His whole mindset seems to be that looking the other way will make problems disappear.

For some reason, this nonthreatening soft spoken Uncle Ben turns me off. I just don't like him! And I'm puzzled by how his sudden prominence seems to mute the black electorate and inhibit black leaders.  Maybe his homophobia, anti-abortion stance, evangelical religious views, gun advocacy, and rejection of such pro active groups as "black lives matter" secretly resonate with the black populace. Who knew? But how could leaders like Cornel West, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson or even Farrakan not call him out for making such statements as Obamacare being the worst thing since slavery or that over many decades black folks have been doing just fine, grateful for what they've been given, until Obama came along and stirred them up with divisive statements about race???? It's like Blacks are tip-toeing around this latter day house nigga,  blinded by his rising star.  I'm curious as to how he is faring on Black Twitter.

Oh well. I know my personal feelings don't count but I certainly hope that Carson's campaign eventually fizzles. The thought of him being president does not inspire me enough to conclude that he couldn't be any worse than Donald Trump.

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 1

Cynique, the problem is, I know you are tired of hearing me say it...the damn media.  There are many people who feel the way you do, they just don't have a platform or a voice.  

I'm going to quote you in my next eNewsletter to see it the opinion draws any more attention or additional commentary here.  What has been the reaction on Facebook? 

Sharpton hosted Ben Carson at his last National Action Network meeting.  I had zero interest in going, but I did ultimately listen to a video of the event.  Carson ran off a litany of Black accomplishments, you know inventing the traffic light and the BS you would tell kindergarteners.

Like Trump the man is a boon for TV ratings both Ben and Donald draw all the media attention away from the men who will be the actual nominees--the men we really should be scrutinizing.

But who knows maybe we are in for a Carson/Trump ticket. A Trump/Carson ticket would do well against the presumptive nominee, Joe Biden and whoever else they dig up to run with him.

The whole presidential election is a farce. Whoever gets voted off the island last will just be a figurehead, like Obama, catering to wall street, killing innocents in the middle east and doing nothing for Black people... what else is new.

You give the media too much credit.The results of a recent poll reveal that 60 percent of the public does not trust the media. The media may provide a platform for the political candidates but it does not wield any influence over the people who soak up and agree with what the candidates say.  The supporters of all the political candidates make up their own minds in accordance with whether or not they relate to the positions the candidates take or even whether or not they simply like the candidates.The media also covers Hilliary Clinton and Bernie Sanders who, unlike Donald Trump and Ben Carson, don't pander to people's prejudices or cater to their religious beliefs. The polls may be conducted by the media but the results reflect the mood of the country and the mood of the country is shifting against political correctness which is a boon for Trump and Carson. 

Furthermore, how else can the electorate learn anything about the candidates running for president if these candidates are not given air time and newsprint ink by the media??  BTW, fact checkers are an arm of the media.

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 1

You give the media too little credit Cynique. I'm not sure I understand why you say the media do not exert a influence over people.  If there was no impact, politicians would not give, literally billions of dollars, to the media to promote their campaigns.  Politicians spend this money because they know campaigns are more about popularity than issues. The last presidential cycle cost almost 3 Billion dollars.

Politicians also recognize that people are motivated by their emotions rather than substance.  So if the media constantly talk about Hillary's email issues and trumpet Trump's populist rhetoric, rather than the experience and positions of either, who do you think will benefit more?

The media also decides which pollsters get heard.  Most people I know hang up or don't answer the phone when a pollster calls--if they are ever called.  I'm sure if they called people like us Cynique, Carson and Trump would be WAAAY back in the polls.

If Trump was never on The Apprentice do you think he would be leading the polls now?  

Elections are all about celebrity and name recognition.  You can buy it, the media can give it to you for free, or both.  The only viable candidate are those that get both.  Right about now Trump is the man. 

Do you think the media was responsible for Obama's election and re-election? Did Mitt Romney lose because Obama had better commercials?  Ben Carson is now almost as well known as Trump and he was never on a TV series. If the media decides which polls are shown, why did they release the poll numbers that showed  60 percent of the public doesn't trust the media? 

Where else should voters get their impressions and information about the people who are running for office?  And it is possible that people don't believe all the media hype and go with their gut feelings when it comes to voting for someone. Also, too much hype can backfire and people may vote against someone because they're tired of the overkill.

I'm not saying that the media doesn't wield any influence, I'm just questioning how much. 

I'm open to question how much influence the mediu have too Cynique.  I guess I just believe it has more of an impact than you do.

At the end of the day people want something different that what we now have.  Obama campaigned on "change," and we got more of the same.  Trump is benefiting from this unsatisfied desire of people for a change from what we have.

Yes Obama had better commercials and media support, and no one has ever spent more money on an presidential election than those Obama/Romney.  Beside the media helped present and reinforce the image of Obama as a global rock star.  No one could compete against that--the whole world wanted change and believed Obama would usher in a new era of less greed and more compassion out of the US.

barack-obama-berlin.thumb.jpg.8fca5cbeb5

People could simply go to a candidate's website to learn about their positions.  Of course few do that, so we rely on the media to summarize it for us.  But they do a horrible job at that. 

I seriously doubt Ben Carson is as well known as Donald Trump.  I also doubt anyone could name most of the people running for the office--sure you can, but most people of voting age probably could not, and I'd bet my life very few could state what any of those candidates positions are on key issues.

Yes, I believe people go with their gut, for they have nothing else to go on, and they are definitely not voting on anyone they never heard of before.  Folks like, Lincoln Chafee, Martin O'Malley, John Kasich, and Jim Gilmore should just drop out now.

Edited by Troy_via_twitter