Will Smith's: Emancipation

I saw it the other night.

EXCELLENT film.

It reminded me of one of my favorite films: Glory

Nice long action packed movie.

Will...as usual...was outstanding in his performance.

I didn't get too hyped about it because I expected for it to be good, and I wasn't disappointed.

I recommend everyone who hasn't seen the film to go see it.
There is violence through out the movie but it has quite a bit of violence in the latter half so be forewarned.

• Like 2

ProfD

No, I don't think so either.
People kept saying it was fake and orchestrated....I don't believe so.

The way Will was cussing after he sat back down and the way Chris was skipping words after the incident trying to compose himself while on stage are the typical behaviors of people in  emotional distress. 

• Like 1

For most of his career, Will Smith had a reputation of being "soft"....in the Hiphop/Urban circles atleast.
Perhaps this was a subconscious attempt to establish his masculine credentials or release the frustration from years of being called soft.

Also, for most of his relationship with Jada Pinkett he was living under the shadows of Tupac and perhaps this was an attempt to show Jada that he could be just as hard and thuggish as the man she formerly loved.

Whatever the case....
Coming back on stage crying and sniffling UNDID any effectiveness his smack might have had.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, Pioneer1 said:

For most of his career, Will Smith had a reputation of being "soft"....in the Hiphop/Urban circles atleast.
Perhaps this was a subconscious attempt to establish his masculine credentials or release the frustration from years of being called soft.

Maybe so.  But, having dealt with the soft label for decades from Hip-Hop to Hollywood, as a 50-something year old man Will Smith knew better than to slap another dude. 

Way before Will Smith became a platinum rapper and actor, he was a very bright dude.  If his career had not taken off in the music business, Will Smith would have studied electrical engineering.

Despite the soft tag, Will aka Big Willie and everything else rode the wave to success in the entertainment business. There is/was no reason for him to try to be hard.  He has already won immeasurably beyond his peers and contemporaries. 

I don't think the soft tag has Will Smith living in a toxic marriage and family life.  He has deeper issues that are either unresolved and/or he refuses to accept. That frustration boiled over when he lost it.😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Will Smith had a reputation of being "soft"....in the Hiphop/Urban circles atleast.

I hope he was not thinking that, 'cause you don't again street cred bi*ch slapping a smaller weaker dude in front of your masters.

I usually don't care about celebrity BS and I don't know these guys but the slap angered me on multiple levels.   I did not know Jada had a relationship with Tupac, but Tupac has been dead for decades -- surely he must be over it. 

Didn't Will pay some gay dude in a film?  I seem to remember him jumping out of a bed naked with some other naked white boy.  Will does not seem like a guy who cares about being perceived as soft. 

Did he ever "wear the dress?" 😉

Tupac and Jada Pinkett went to school together in Baltimore when they were younger.  They reconnected on the west coast as young adults. 

The old flame didn't become a raging fire.  Pac and Jada did their thing for a minute and moved on into different directions. 

Even if Pac held a special place in Jada's heart, Will should have known that too. 

Then, that begs the question of why he would wife a woman with another man's tattoo on her chest figuratively. 

Nothing good would come out that type of situation. He would forever be 2nd fiddle even to a dead man.😎

ProfD

Then, that begs the question of why he would wife a woman with another man's tattoo on her chest figuratively. 

Nothing good would come out that type of situation. He would forever be 2nd fiddle even to a dead man

I have an answer.....
Maybe her "sweet potato pie" was the best he ever tasted and he couldn't help himself....lol

Jada is not only pretty, but she's sexy as hell with her attitude and charisma.
I knew something was special about her even back in her Different World days.

Trust....if it wasn't Will, it would have been Jamie Foxx, Puff Daddy, or a dozen other Black male celebrities standing in line to wife her up.
The only difference is they probably wouldn't have the "soft" label and esteem issues Will probably has.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I have an answer.....
Maybe her "sweet potato pie" was the best he ever tasted and he couldn't help himself....lol

Jada is not only pretty, but she's sexy as hell with her attitude and charisma.
I knew something was special about her even back in her Different World days.

Trust....if it wasn't Will, it would have been Jamie Foxx, Puff Daddy, or a dozen other Black male celebrities standing in line to wife her up.

Now, tell me why Tupac and every other dude that smashed before Will didn't wife her. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  The best sweet potato pie is always subjective. 

One man's secret garden is another man's Port-A-Potty.🤣😎

ProfD

Well remember, it's a TWO WAY street so it may have been HER choice not to jump the broom with her former "thug-loves"...lol.

You know the old saying, "Bad girls love good boys".
Being the smart woman that she is....she may have waited until she found the "right one"  to cuff her up.
She saw potential in Will that she didn't see in the others and was wise enough to....as Michael Jackson would say...."get on it", lol.

....and you KNOW you'z wrong for that "port-a-potty" remark....LOL....be shame!

23 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well remember, it's a TWO WAY street so it may have been HER choice not to jump the broom with her former "thug-loves"...lol.

You know the old saying, "Bad girls love good boys".
Being the smart woman that she is....she may have waited until she found the "right one"  to cuff her up.
She saw potential in Will that she didn't see in the others and was wise enough to....as Michael Jackson would say...."get on it", lol.

Traditionally, it's really not a two-way street.  A man chooses his wife.  A woman puts herself in a position to be chosen.  

But, that has little or nothing to do with relationships in the entertainment business.  Hollyweird is on some different sh8t.

The potential Jada saw in Will was a rich and soft er, nice guy who wouldn't beat that box up too badly.😁

Jada also knows Will's secrets and that he would allow her to do as she pleases i.e. swingers.  Enter August Alsina.🤣😎 

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

For what it's worth, Dr. Umar Johnson also recommends the movie.......

Towards the end of the video, Dr. Umar Johnson talks about polygamy and the number of wives he should have in the kingdom of his mind.🤣

Polygamy is not about having a different woman in bed every night.  In a polygamist situation, a man has as many women and children as he can support.

Only alpha-males are qualified to be polygamist.  Weak and broke azz dudes need not apply.  Dr. Johnson has a lot of work to do before he can boss up on that level.😎

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Come on man, is THIS the body of a "prepubescent boy"???

dude everybody knows no one looks anything like they do, I’m real life, like they do on the cover of a fashion magazine. How old is that photo anyway? You are lusting  after a 20-year-fantasy,

Omar recommend the film. Oh then i must go see it right away 😉

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

Dr. Johnson has a lot of work to do before he can boss up on that level.😎

yeah it seems like her would be a lot more certain about potential wife #1.

The excuse about being an activist as a reason for not having lived with or being married to a woman did not wash, as every CIS gendered male activist has a wife — certainly by the time they were Umar’s age. There is another reason.

Troy

Lol....what's the other reason?
Do you think he may be in the closet.....or maybe have a sexual dysfunction?

I'm not married...have no real desire to be at this point...and I've been a political and social activist since my 30s and I'm in my 50s and ain't a gay bone in my body, lol.

You didn't say it or even insinuate it, but I'm just saying in THIS day and age, it seems to me if a brutha was  Gay or Bi, he wouldn't be ashamed to admit it because there's so much support for him.

As far as Dr. Umar goes....he has a huge ego so I'm thinking he may not be able to COMPROMISE enough with most women for a happy marriage....lol.
Very argumentative.
But that doesn't mean the points he's making are wrong.

@Pioneer1, I know you directed the question at brotha Troy but I'd like to give my 2 piece special.😁

I think the main reasons Dr. Umar Johnson is unmarried is because he 1) has a personality disorder and 2) financially insecure.

Many people who appear to be smart are schizophrenic or bipolar. I wouldn't be too surprised if we learn Umar is on the spectrum. 😎

ProfD

I actually agree.
I think he has some sort of personality disorder....perhaps a bit of Narcissism.
I don't think he's Autstic or Schizophrenic by any stretch.
His social skills are too sharp for Autism and his intellect is too orderly and logical for Schizophrenia.

Bipolar?
Possible.....he certainly has a lot of energy though I haven't seen him depressed and slow in the over a decade I've been keeping up with him.

Remember I did a thread a few weeks (months?) ago questioning whether a professional should be as argumentative and combative as Dr. Umar was with Charlamagne?
Getting loud and throwing his hands all over the place.
Someone of his size and masculinity should know better than that....unless he gets so heated he can't help it.
Which may help explain why he's not married.

As far as financial insecurity.......
It may be a hinderance for HIM, but I know too many women out there who would LOVE to have him or a brother as intelligent and articulate as him with NO money....lol.
Real talk.
Brutha got a mouth-piece on him and a lot of women love that.
THEY'LL supply the money in exchange for the emotional support and entertainment.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not married...have no real desire to be at this point...and

Right, in contrast Umar has expressed a desire to be in a committed relationship and gave a weak excuse for not being in one.  This  tells me there is another more plausible explanation.

i did not state, or intend to imply, he was gay or even bipolar, but both would be better reasons than the one he gave.

He also stated he is wary of working with brothers because they are only trying to ride his coattail to fame. He does seem to think a great deal about himself. 

• Haha 1

I'm thinking there may be some bipolar and/or narcissistic personality disorder going on with Umar because 1) he's fixated on an all boy's school and 2) he seems to look down on women. 

I don't know what brotha Umar might be struggling with but there is something in his background that would explain his thought process and actions.

Maybe that explains why brothas Umar  Johnson and Tariq Nasheed are socially distanced too. 😎

Troy

He thinks a GREAT deal about himself and doesn't seem to mind expressing it.
Routinely gives himself titles like "King" and "Prince"....lol.

But those comments were only a FRACTION of the ones I've heard from him that makes me think he may be Narcissistic.

I've seen him speak in real life on several occasions.

ProfD

Maybe that explains why brothas Umar  Johnson and Tariq Nasheed are socially distanced too."

Do you mean distant from eachother?
Or both are distant from people in general?

17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Do you mean distant from eachother?

Yep. Tariq and Umar were cool at one point.

Maybe someone caught on to a hustle and could no longer operate in the same space.

Narcissistic personality disorder would definitely be a wedge too.😎

Yeah.....lol....I followed the entire fall out.

It was frustrating and sad when it happened.
Now, looking back....it's just funny.

Although I support both bruthaz for the good they do-
Both of them are getting their hustle on if you ask me, lol.

It was just a matter of game recognizing game.