Good Point Made On Polygamy Being A Remedy In Our Community

Once again, your boy is hitting HARD on the facts:

Hey, love him or hate him you HAVE to admit the brutha his right and exact about how a lot of our sisters are practicing polygamy ANYWAY even if so many are CLAIMING to be against it.

He also makes a good point about how for too long much of the conversation about polygamy is being dominated by educated financially secure women who don't need a man PERIOD...let alone having to share one.
But THEY aren't the majority.
The majority of sistaz out there are struggling, have children to feed, and are working long hard hours on jobs they don't necessarily like and would be GLAD to share a GOOD MAN (not some sorry ass bum) with another woman and maybe several other women.
Who's speaking for them?

LIke the Doc said, don't give me that shit about how it's disrespectful and "sistaz will never go for it" when so many of our sistaz are sharing men ANYWAY by sleeping with men who are already married or already have girlfriends and they KNOW it and STILL want the brutha and beg for his time, his sex, and his love.

They ARE going for it!
Hell, many of them are ASKING for it!

Our community needs to GROW UP and stop being so hypocritical and morally dissonant.

As I mentioned in the other thread, polygamy only works when a man can support his women and children.

Look at other cultures where polygamy is accepted. There is a common theme.

The reality is that women want/need an alpha-male. Whether he belongs to another woman is irrelevant.

It takes a certain type of man to make a woman feel secure. A woman will gladly play her position with that dude. 

A man has to be a boss before he can even think about polygamy.😎

ProfD

Here's what I'll say......

When it comes to polygamy.....it's best for the husband to be an ALPHA male...although it's certainly not necessary.
You can and often do have Beta males (which....contrary to popular opinion....actually are the majority of males) in polygamous relationships but they aren't the ideal.

An Alpha male is ideal because he'd have the aggression, the energy, the drive not only to keep his multiple wives in check but also that same energy would be used to generate a decent income to support his family.

However the situation is so dire in the AfroAmerican community right now, a Beta male who is straight and has a little money may be a good alternative if there aren't enough Alphas to go around.
Remember also, that this society often locks up some of it's Alpha Black men for getting out there and "doing what has to be done".
So some compromises have to be made to COMPENSATE (compensatory).

Brother might have to cuff up an Alpha FEMALE for his first wife to keep the other wives in check....lol

Beta-males are better suited for monogamy. Hopefully, they will take care of their woman and offspring.

There's a reason a male lion boots the beta-males out of the pride at a certain point. That alpha-male lion also kills offspring that he didn't produce.

When folks mate animals or buy them, a pure breed is more desirable than a some-a-dog (some of this and some of that). Nobody really wants a Pitbull Yorkie mix.🤣

Human beings are no different. Betas produce mutts and runts. That's why we've got so many n8gglets running around doing stupid sh8t.🤣😎

ProfD

You're right.
Most Betas are better suited for monogamy....especially where marriage is concerned.

As I said earlier, I contend that MOST men are Beta.

Infact, it could be argued that over 90% of all men fluctuate between Beta and Gamma depending on their mood and the situation.

Very few are actually Alpha, although that word is bounced around all over the place now a days.

Simply being a normal man doesn't make you Alpha.
Alpha's are exceptionally aggressive, high performing, and egoistical.

Problem is.....
Because that word "alpha" is being tossed around so much and so many men are TRYING to identify with it, Beta has become almost a bad word or insult in some circles.

I think that's another factor in a lot of the violence you see happening across the nation.
Too many men are being raised to believe THEY are the top dog and should never back down....even when they clearly should.

Everybody can't be Alpha.
Most men can't be Alpha or top dog....nature didn't intend for it to be that way.
If most men would realize and accept this, I think there would be more peace and harmony on the planet.

54 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

As I said earlier, I contend that MOST men are Beta.

Infact, it could be argued that over 90% of all men fluctuate between Beta and Gamma depending on their mood and the situation.

Most men can't be Alpha or top dog....nature didn't intend for it to be that way.
If most men would realize and accept this, I think there would be more peace and harmony on the planet.

Facts. It's reflected throughout the world in which we live. 

According to NF Jr., no AfroAmerican male should consider himself a man let alone an alpha.🤣

I understand the point NF Jr. is trying to make but its a bridge too far.

AfroAmerican males are men (alphas, betas, gammas, etc.).  Just less powerful within the system of racism.😎

Umar Johnson is an Alpha male I presume.  How many women and children is he supporting?  What makes anyone think these "alpha males" will be willing to pick up all these unattached women, with children, and wife them up?

The terms alpha and beta males are like the terms race -- neither has any basis in science.

While polygamy may work for some, I do not think it is a solution to be a "remedy" for our community.

On paper, there may be a lot of single mothers, but the reality is many of these women have a man in their lives, but for a variety of reasons it is not government official.  The same is true for marriage.  So-called single people are shacking up or in long-term relationships.  I'm not sure there are stats on this, but we all know it is happening - right?

• Like 1

ProfD

I agree with you that Neely Fuller goes a little too far to say that Black males in the U.S. are not men and Black females are not women.
Just because you are in prison....doesn't NECESSARILY mean that your biology and very state of being is altered or arrested.

Perhaps we aren't the men we SHOULD be....but we are indeed men.

I mean....even if you're a Beta or Gamma....you're still a man.
You level of aggressiveness doesn't determine that.
And unless a person is totally castrated, even the circumstances you find yourself in won't change that.

Like my boy Denzel Washington said in Glory:

American Rhetoric Movie Speech from Glory - Men of the 54th Regiment Gather  for Prayer and Song Meeting on the Eve of the Battle of Fort Wagner

"Don't matter too much what happens.
....cuz we men ain't we?"

15 minutes ago, Troy said:

Umar Johnson is an Alpha male I presume. 

Absolutely not. He's just loud.🤣

If Umar was an alpha-male, he wouldn't be running around begging for donations to build a school. He would be building a school.

An alpha-male is a leader who gets things done through actions, deeds and words. He's capable of taking care of more people than himself.😎

Troy

ProfD says he's not an Alpha.
I'm honestly not sure how to categorize him.

I think he's a great ACTOR.

Whether he's a....as they say in the streets..."real nigga" or true Alpha and not just pretending, not I'm not sure.

ProfD

He's got the intelligence and aggression to be a true Alpha.
But as you point out, his EFFECTIVENESS seems to be lacking.

However you do have dysfunctional Alphas.

Hell, you got a lot of Alphas locked up in prisons with mental and emotional problems who just couldn't "get it right" for one reason or another.

An argument can be made that he's TOO Alpha
Too aggressive and egotistical to the point of being borderline and narcissistic to even get along with anyone else.

Most Alphas realize they have to make SOME compromises in order to get along with others to get THEIR goals accomplished.

You said an Alpha is capable of taking care of more than just himself.
That is true.
So consider this.......
If a man is NOT doing that....it may not necessarily mean he's not an Alpha because the CAPABILITY may be there but the DESIRE to take care of others besides himself, may not. 
Maybe Dr. Johnson doesn't WANT to take care of anyone else besides himself.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

He's got the intelligence and aggression to be a true Alpha.

But as you point out, his EFFECTIVENESS seems to be lacking.

You said an Alpha is capable of taking care of more than just himself.
That is true.
So consider this.......
If a man is NOT doing that....it may not necessarily mean he's not an Alpha because the CAPABILITY may be there but the DESIRE to take care of others besides himself, may not. 

Intelligence is less meaningful without application and/or productivity. 

Capability and desire notwithstanding, an alpha-male does something to merit the classification. 

An alpha-male doesn't bestow it upon himself. Proof and evidence lies in his actions, deeds and words producing constructive results.

How's that for connecting dots of dialog. 😁

Again, Dr. Umar Johnson would have built and be running that school by now if he was truly an alpha-male.

Let's not get wrapped around the axle concerning one dude because he's not it.🤣😎

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

An alpha-male doesn't bestow it upon himself. Proof and evidence lies in his actions, deeds and words producing constructive results.

that is what i would think, so why are y’all letting him determine what alpha males do?

3 hours ago, Troy said:

that is what i would think, so why are y’all letting him determine what alpha males do?

I'm certainly not letting Umar determine or define what alpha-males do.

@Pioneer1 wants to give the dude benefit of doubt. 🤣

After seeing Umar shoot his videos in what appears to be a broom closet and claiming random buildings to be potential site for the school, I think he may have an issue(s).😁😎

Right now I'm not focused on his MORALITY or his PSYCHOLOGICAL MAKE UP.

So whether he's honest or a con-artists is irrelevant.....as far as I'm concerned RIGHT NOW
Whether he's mentally disturbed or has a personality disorder is irrelevant....as far as I'm concerned RIGHT NOW.

The question is...IS he an Alpha-male.

You two say an Alpha-male is not only a leader but an EFFECTIVE leader.
I personally would argue that not all Alphas are "effective" simply because most of them aren't perfect.

I say what makes an Alpha is SIMPLE.....aggression and drive.
No need to overly complicate it and add extra virtues on to it.
They tend be aggressive and highly driven.
Doesn't mean they're smart enough or wise enough or have the other virtues necessary to be effective in their tasks.

But now, going back to his psychological make-up, how about this.......

ProfD, you say if Umar was a real Alpha-male he would have had that school up and running already.
But what if.....as you suggested in another thread....he was simply using the school as a HUSTLE or CON to keep the money coming in?

Then his plan WOULD be effective, you just didn't know what his plan REALLY WAS.....which was not to build a school but keep a hustle going.

I'm not saying this is the case, but consider it.

Or do you believe a con artist and hustler can't be an Alpha?

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The question is...IS he an Alpha-male.

I say what makes an Alpha is SIMPLE.....aggression and drive.

But what if.....as you suggested in another thread....he was simply using the school as a HUSTLE or CON to keep the money coming in?

Then his plan WOULD be effective, you just didn't know what his plan REALLY WAS.....which was not to build a school but keep a hustle going.

Or do you believe a con artist and hustler can't be an Alpha?

Since I don't know the man personally, he could be an alpha-male. 

Of course, a hustler/con artist can be an alpha-male too.  Exhibit A...former POTUS 45.

I totally believe that school is a hustle. 🤣😎

Again if Umar is a so called Alpha male, why can he get at least one sister that he is “sure” about?  

Alpha males are dominant and have many opportunities to procreate because they are considered desirable by the females of the species.  How many children did Umar father @Pioneer1?

Troy

He says he has atleast 2 daughters.
I've seen him speaking at several events.
Trust me.....lol....women do FLOCK to him in droves.

The dude is physically large and powerful and he's smart.
I'm not sure why yall think the man would be unattractive to women or not have a commanding presence among men.
Being a con artist or hustler (if one believes he's one) doesn't take THOSE "Alpha" qualities away.

It's like what we were telling Stefan about Mike Pence.
Just because you don't like the man and think he's up to no good....doesn't mean he's not smart, lol.
Same with Umar Johnson.
Even if you think he's a bamboozling con artist...that man clearly is articulate, physically powerful, and intelligent enough to earn a doctorate and become a principal of a school.

He's not exactly some loud mouth brutha shaving lumber with an orange apron on at Home Depot....lol

So he IS effective enough to do what he WANTS to do when he WANTS to do it.

15 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The dude is physically large and powerful and he's smart.
I'm not sure why yall think the man would be unattractive to women or not have a commanding presence among men.

Same with Umar Johnson.
Even if you think he's a bamboozling con artist...that man clearly is articulate, physically powerful, and intelligent enough to earn a doctorate and become a principal of a school.

Physical appearance means nothing.  Go to Atlanta.  You will see  gay dudes walking around who look like NFL football players.  Go to a penitentiary.  You'll see big azz dudes who are sissies. 🤣

I'd be curious to see how Umar handles himself in a cell or on the block or in the yard. I believe he would be protected because he's intelligent i.e. he can read and write.  That's an asset.😎

He says he has atleast 2 daughters.

Is what he says? I’d be unable to determine the exact number?

The dude is physically large and powerful

he looks fat and out of shape to me. 

hey Umar if you ever read this don’t take it seriously, I’m just giving ole Pioneer a hard time. 

I’ve never heard Umar speak in person, so I’ll take you at your word that the sisters flock to him. What do you think the quality of the ladies running up on Umar is like? Are they highly educated?

On 1/23/2023 at 11:59 PM, Troy said:

What do you think the quality of the ladies running up on Umar is like? Are they highly educated?

The brotha has a gift for running his mouth. 

Women impressed by an articulate Black man run the gamut from highly educated to hood boogers and everything in the middle. 

Beyond being bedazzled by bullsh8t, the only women who actually stick around a broke dude with the gift of gab traveling down the boulevard of unfulfilled dreams and aspirations are what I call the lonely hearts club🤣

The lonely hearts club women just a want a piece of man...a dude with a pulse.  Those types of women will actually support a broke azz n8gglet.

In that regard, considering the bar isn't very high, Umar could build a harem of women.  He just wouldn't be able to support them beyond bubblegum and the bedroom depending on the tightness of his game.😎

• Haha 2

ProfD

I'd be curious to see how Umar handles himself in a cell or on the block or in the yard. 

I'm not sure if they would be a fair assessment because a lot of the dudes who are locked up are essentially ANIMALS.
Regardless of their size they are very violent, anti-social, psychotic, and suffer from many other psychological problems.
Not all obviously.
Not even most...but many.
Certainly a higher percentage than you'll find in most communities on the outside.

We can't compare a RELATIVELY normal man such as Dr. Johnson to some of those beasts, nor should we expect for him to be able to handle himself like one.

The brotha has a gift for running his mouth. 

Women impressed by an articulate Black man run the gamut from highly educated to hood boogers and everything in the middle. 

Facts....lol

The lonely hearts club women just a want a piece of man...a dude with a pulse.  Those types of women will actually support a broke azz n8gglet.

And on top of that.....
There is a LARGE percentage of those type of women in our community.  
So it's not hard to see how even a Beta or Gamma male could pull off a polygamous relationship quite successfully.

Troy

Is what he says? I’d be unable to determine the exact number?

Yeah, that's what he's said multiple times.
I haven't seen them but it's his claim.

I’ve never heard Umar speak in person, so I’ll take you at your word that the sisters flock to him. What do you think the quality of the ladies running up on Umar is like? Are they highly educated?

Next time he's speaking in your area.....he goes down to Florida atleast once a year...go check him out, lol.

Both men and women are running up to him to ask him questions after the lecture, and women are running up to him giving him their numbers, trying to get hugs, trying to get pictures taken, etc.
Typical groupie shit.

Not sure about the quality of the women but if they are in a Black Consciousness event they can't be TOO stupid.
Most thug-girls and dope addicts and street women don't attend those type of events....lol.
Many of the women who INVITE Dr. Umar to their venues to speak are  certainly highly educated.