Tyre Nichols--Memphis Cops Fired & Arrested

Tyre Nichols was beaten to death by 5 black former Memphis police officers.

Word is for 3 minutes, those 5 ex-cops beat that 29-year old man like a "human piñata". We'll see the video soon. 

The whole ordeal stemmed from a traffic stop. Tyre's family says the only reason he tried to run away is because he was scared.

No matter how eccentric an individual might appear to be, if they're nonviolent, there's no reason for police officers to abuse them. 

Police officers have plenty ways of catching up with a fleeing nonviolent suspect too. Let them go. Eat donuts and wait for them to show up at the crib. 

Police officers are sworn to serve and protect citizens. They have had a false sense of authority since the war on drugs.

Police officers shooting and beating nonviolent folks is excessive force or worse...murder. Those 5 clowns need to go to prison. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ProfD said:

Tyre Nichols was beaten to death by 5 black former Memphis police officers.

Word is for 3 minutes, those 5 ex-cops beat that 29-year old man like a "human piñata". We'll see the video soon. 

The whole ordeal stemmed from a traffic stop. Tyre's family says the only reason he tried to run away is because he was scared.

No matter how eccentric an individual might appear to be, if they're nonviolent, there's no reason for police officers to abuse them. 

Police officers have plenty ways of catching up with a fleeing nonviolent suspect too. Let them go. Eat donuts and wait for them to show up at the crib. 

Police officers are sworn to serve and protect citizens. They have had a false sense of authority since the war on drugs.

Police officers shooting and beating nonviolent folks is excessive force or worse...murder. Those 5 clowns need to go to prison. 😎

You're absolutely right. There's no reason why a routine traffic stop should have ended with that man's death. What were those officers thinking if anything at all. American law enforcement has got to be the most violent in the Western world. 

But it goes to show that having black people in positions of power and authority doesn't guarantee justice or benefit black people individually or collectively. The Police Chief in Memphis is a black woman named C.J. Davis. Representation doesn't mean a thing. 

• Like 1

The videos are horrific.

Two of these cops waited until Tyre  Nichol was completely defenseless before piling on. One whaled him with a baton and waited for a chance to get in a good and unimpeded swing. A second approached and kicked Nichol in the head a couple of times. One kick was so violent, the cop nearly lost his balance executing it.

All the while Tyre was lying on the ground and had no way to defend himself. But they piled on him anyway.

The video is horrific. The level of inhumanity is ridiculous.

More law enforcement folks could be fired and face criminal charges. They stood around and did nothing to render care to Tyre Nichols.  

Ben Crump is already in town. The city of Memphis might be bankrupt when the smoke clears and dust settles.😎

• Like 1

What they did to that poor young man was absolutely HORRIFIC.
Having said that....

I find it interesting how in THIS case:

1. The 5 Black cops who were involved were fired so quickly

2. The authorities have no problem releasing the video so quickly when it usually takes MONTHS before they release a video of White police abusing people.

3. How the media kept playing up the expectation for violence across the nation last night after showing this video.
As if they WANTED something to jump off.

The double standards in this nation are so amazingly blatant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The double standards in this nation are so amazingly blatant.

Of course.

As usual, Black folks are leading the example in showing them how this type of situation should be handled.

Let's see if white folks follow suit the next time once of their race soldiers abuses and/or kills a Black or Brown person. 😎

I have been unfortunate enough to see + experience alot of law enforcement abuse. 

I don't want to repeat myself . So I will focus on how Black people in the usa from the end of the war between the states reached modernity culturally.

Frederick Douglass side the Black church is the answer. 

At the end of the day, I realize , that the cultural trajectory of the majority, not all or me, in the Black community in the USA is a culture of individualism that Frederick Douglass side the Black church wanted when they started the Black community on this path with white financial support when the war between the states ended. 

The goal is for Black cops in mostly white law enforcement organizations to exists, for Black presidents in a mostly white country , Black Mayors in a mostly white city to exists, it isn't to deny, black cops in most black law enforcement organizations, or black mayors in black towns or black sheriffs in black counties. But the idea is for an individual allowance to exist in the Black community in the USA that will curtail Black communal strength, will curtail Black communal resilience, will curtail Black communal fiscal profit, but the goal is to get the majority of the Black community to be part of an aracial identity, an individual identity, that I argue has been reached. No, not all black people in the USA are philosophically aligned, but most are. 

The murder of Tyre Nichols represents the strength of the individual culture in the black community in the usa. These events will always occur for nothing is completely positive. All ideas have negativity, including nonviolence, including araciality, including miscegenation, including integrationists ideas like slavery... as well as militisms, or segregationists idea like Back to Africa. The question is, what are the negativities with an idea. 

The murder of Tyre Nichols represents an inevitable negativity from the individualism  which is the majority philosophy adhered to by Black people in the USA today. IT will happen again, as it already happened already. It must. 

But I think most Black people in the USA, which doesn't include me, support the individualism and with sadness or lamentations, accept the murder of Tyre Nichols as part of the price for individual cultural allowance, which I argue no community in the USA has stronger than the Black community in the USA, even if it isn't articulated. 

• Thanks 1

richardmurray

I have been unfortunate enough to see + experience alot of law enforcement abuse. 

That's sad to hear that YOU have been a victim of a lot of law enforcement abuse!
You seem like such an intelligent and well composed brutha, online atleast!

May I ask what were the circumstances?
If you'd rather not share it...I'll understand.

The goal is for Black cops in mostly white law enforcement organizations to exists, for Black presidents in a mostly white country , Black Mayors in a mostly white city to exists, it isn't to deny, black cops in most black law enforcement organizations, or black mayors in black towns or black sheriffs in black counties. But the idea is for an individual allowance to exist in the Black community in the USA that will curtail Black communal strength, will curtail Black communal resilience, will curtail Black communal fiscal profit, but the goal is to get the majority of the Black community to be part of an aracial identity, an individual identity, that I argue has been reached.

Seems like I kinda understand what you're saying here, but can you expound upon it a little more?

Are you saying that the plan is to individualize Black Americans to the extent that the can no longer relate to what happened to our brother in Memphis?

@Pioneer1

That's sad to hear that YOU have been a victim of a lot of law enforcement abuse!
You seem like such an intelligent and well composed brutha, online atleast!

May I ask what were the circumstances?
If you'd rather not share it...I'll understand.

For the record I never said I was a victim, I said I saw or experienced alot of law enforcement abuse.

So you have no need to be sad. And the reason connects to your second query

In my experience a black person's intelligence or composure has nothing to do with law enforcements relation to them. Black people who had a nonviolent plus peaceful composure have been killed by law enforcement in no way other than Black people who had a violent or warful composure. Black people whose intelligence some, not me , will rank grandly or absently, based on pieces of paper have been injured by law enforcement.

I will not share cause they don't matter, as Tulsa to Till to Tyre prove. Talking about it doesn't bring back the dead, nor generate peace, nor solve historic problems. Talking about it will not resolve any individuals woes, or collective grievances.

Seems like I kinda understand what you're saying here, but can you expound upon it a little more?

Are you saying that the plan is to individualize Black Americans to the extent that the can no longer relate to what happened to our brother in Memphis?

I said you have no reason to be sad because the Black community in the USA guided the Black community in the USA to its current situation. I restate, Black people guided ourselves to this situation.  I can expound but I rather be focused than verbose. The individual culture in the modern Black community isn't what it was born as by the majority of Black leaders at the end of the war between the states. The Individual culture isn't trying to delete relation between black peoples in the USA as much as define Black individual relationships to all other individuals, singularly. And while it has led to inevitable participation in the USA like a Black president in the USA, and will lead to more Black elected leaders in the USA to non majority white voting populaces, it has led to inevitable frictions in the Black community in the USA, like Tyre side Black law enforcement his murderers. No philosophy is all positive or all negative. I restate, the Black community has guided itself for its own betterment to the culture most in it adhere to, but like all philosophies it has positives or negatives. One of the negatives of the individualistic culture is frictions of a lethal nature between groups.  

17 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Yeah, that confused me too.  You used the word "experience" in contrast with "see" which implied you were an active participant in law enforcement abuse presumably the abused and not the abuser given the context.

28 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

Talking about it will not resolve any individuals woes, or collective grievances.

Who knows, but talking about these things will help inform people and that is what has been lacking in our community, whether it is a refusal to speak or deliberately hidden. There is much about our history that is missing.

The culture you describe @richardmurray is not limited to Black people it is embedded in the American culture.

• Like 1

@Troy

I apologize for the confusion. Based on my grammatical comprehension I did not suggest I was the abuser but only the abused aside a witness to others being abused. 

I assess our community in the usa another way. I do not think black people in the usa need help being informed. When you say much do you mean most of our history or least of our history? 

For the record, I never said the culture I described is limited to Black people whose forebears were enslaved in the usa , but I was only communicating concerning Black people. 

I don't know about your american culture assertion. You may be correct. I have many questions to that assertion. 

Troy

Yes, that was MY presumption when he said "experience".
But at any rate, I respect his wishes not to divulge.  ((shrugs shoulders))

richardmurray

I apologize for the confusion. Based on my grammatical comprehension I did not suggest I was the abuser but only the abused aside a witness to others being abused.

Lol, I think that statement might have just ADDED to the confusion.

Does that mean you were not just a witness but also abused by them too?

@Troy no need for sorries. I think miscommunication in a literary book club has a little warrant.

i think we need a lot of help being informed. Many of use know very little of our own family history. People don’t talk especially if the experience is bad. 

You speak truth , I will only piggyback and say, for most Black folk we need to start now. Which is why I say we all should write journals. I have written many for my journeys full of many things, from simple prose thoughts to poetry or more. Yes, many of us don't know our sanguine past, but how many of us can say we have anything for our sanguine future? Lets get all of us to make diaries or journals for the future. 

These types of situations are not that complicated.

Murder is solved by murder.

Please do not confuse murder which is an act of attacking, for whatever reason.

With Self Defense, which is the act of defending yourself from an attacker who may murder you.

Self Defense sometimes means Murder.

It is a very straightforward set of rules.

If you murder someone you will be murdered.

If you attack someone they may murder you.

So if you do not want to be murdered then don't attack anyone and murder them, or you will be murdered, and don't attack anyone, because during their act of self defense, they may murder you.

• Like 1

I don't give a darn about White policing since the 1800's. I am only interested in what happens these days.

Black people, Latinos and Native Americans were never viewed as equals since the founding of this so-called Republic. So we lacked the respect and consideration that most White people receive from Law Enforcement. 

Self-defense? It is whatever any ruling authority of a nation, province, state, territory or region says it is. 

I will not tempt fates. So my paperwork is always in order when I am driving. All of my vehicle lights work. I drive the speed limit, obey traffic regulations and use my turn signals. 

It helps that I don't drink, never used drugs and my windows are not tinted. 

• Like 3

I knew a White cop was involved in the incident. Apparently, it was his body cam video that showed Tyre being pulled out of his car.

Maybe he was told to remove himself from the scene or left on his own accord. But he was not accused of hitting Tyre. 

Some cops in these undercover units suppress their rage over home, work and social issues. Or they were not able to hurt a couple of previous drivers. Then their anger explodes in incidents like we saw in the beating videos. 

There's going to be a lot rumors, innuendo and bullchit swirling about. Be careful who you believe.

Well, the rumor on the Internet is that those cops were all members of a tactical unit called the Scorpion Squad. This special group which, as a result of this incident, has since been disbanded, was formed to keep traffic arrests from getting out of control, and  the reason why things went off the rails was because  one  of the cops, Demetrius Haley,  had a beef against the victim because his ex who he has a baby with was involved with Tyre who had a new baby with a white girl who may or may or may  not  be Haley's ex.  it was typical ghetto baby momma BS. And the cops all stuck together.

The black female  Police Chief ended up in Memphis after being fired from her post in Atlanta. supposedly.

i've never in my life been stopped by a policeman. My grandson  has been stopped by white cops a couple of times for speeding but they always let him go when they find out he's a fire fighter .  Another grandson was arrested for speeding and not having insurance, and at the station, the white cops kept him supplied with cigarettes and MacDonalds, marveling over how polite and cooperative he was. He was released the next morning on his own recognizance, These were not Chicago cops because we live in the suburbs. My granddaughter is a cop with the Cook County Sheriff department but she is off the street, involved with hostage and suicide cases. Just depends. We always cautioned our boys to keep your hands on the steering wheel and address the cops as "Officer".  Disarm them with courtesy.  Sometimes it works.  Not all the time, obviously.                     

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Well, the rumor on the Internet is that those cops were all members of a tactical unit called the Scorpion Squad...the reason why things went off the rails was because  one  of the cops...had a beef against the victim....typical ghetto baby momma BS. And the cops all stuck together.

If those rumors are true and those 8gglets are going to prison for another's man beef...they were stupid.  Now, they will catch beef from a whole bunch of dudes in the penalty box. 

50 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Disarm them with courtesy.  Sometimes it works.  Not all the time, obviously.

True that. 

Diplomacy...killing with kindness is a better tactic.  It allows one to fight another day and/or in another way. 😎

• Like 1

The Memphis cops were part of an elite anti-crime unit. So was the NYPD team that slaughtered Amadou Diallo. 

I was not aware that the one of the cops remained ticked off at Tyre. 

If folks are still wondering why they were fired so quickly, it is obvious the City of Memphis saw a chance to rid themselves of problem cops. But it is disgusting that many other police departments keep paying officers who do chit like that. 

Four of those cops had reprimands and suspensions

Most major cities with a huge AfroAmerican or Latino population have some sort of special policing unit designed to bypass normal Constitutional procedures and give these units permission to abuse people in the community and deny them of their rights.
This is nothing new.
It's been going on since atleast the 70s if not longer.

Infact, many major cities have UN-NAMED units designed to target and abuse the community.
In Detroit we called them the "goon squad".
A bunch of thuggish.....seriously thuggish...cops dressed in civilian clothes  who did nothing but ride around all day and night (especially at night) looking for people to beat up, rob, and occasionally kill.
They'd go after dope dealers, pimps, and other street hustlers....rough them up and take their money, dope, and jewelry and threaten to lock them up or kill them if they made a fuss about it.

Their main motive was not to enforce the law or clean up crime but to instill FEAR in the people.

They just started giving them names in the 80s.

I remember as a kid seeing some of these goon squad cats riding around in their unmarked but obviously police cars, many of them had patches over an eye....missing teeth, a couple were slobbering at the mouth.
Totally unprofessional and neanderthal characters who seemed like they were made for violence.
Looked like people out of some Texas Chainsaw flick....lol.