ChatGPT is Pretty Smart

Providing feedback will help.

29 minutes ago, Delano said:

@Troy you ranked higher than Goodreads and The Schomburg.

AALBC should  🙂

4 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Artificial Intelligence needs to come up with the cure for cancer, diabetes, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, ALS and MS in order for me to be impressed.

you are a tough customer 🙂 but who know maybe it will be able to one day.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Either humans or some other Entities are behind it.

Of course, humans are behind it, but I trust the output is generated purely by AI.

@Delano I asked the ChatGPT the following question, “Why is African American Literature Book Club (AALBC) a good resource to find information about books written by Black authors?”

It responded:

The African American Literature Book Club (AALBC) is a good resource to find information about books written by Black authors because it is a community-driven organization that is dedicated to promoting and celebrating Black literature. The AALBC website provides a wealth of information about books written by Black authors, including reviews, author interviews, and lists of recommended books. The website is also an active community, with forums, book clubs, and other resources where readers can connect with each other and discuss books.

In addition, AALBC is a great resource for discovering new Black authors, as well as for learning more about the history and evolution of Black literature. The organization also hosts events and provides resources for writers, making it a hub for the Black literary community.

In summary, the African American Literature Book Club (AALBC) is a great resource for finding information about books written by Black authors because of its commitment to promoting and celebrating Black literature, its extensive library of information about books and authors, and its active community of readers, writers, and literary enthusiasts.

To more directly answer your question, I posed the following question: "Compare and contrast Goodreads with the African American Literature Book Club (AALBC) as a resource to find information about books written by Black authors"  The program took a lot longer to answer this question. 

Goodreads and the African American Literature Book Club (AALBC) are both online resources that can be used to find information about books written by Black authors. However, they have some key differences:

Goodreads:

• Goodreads is a social network for book lovers that allows users to share and discover books, create and join book clubs, and keep track of books they have read or want to read.
  • It is a more general platform that is not specifically focused on books written by Black authors, but rather on books of all genres and by authors of all backgrounds.
  • It provides a large database of books, authors, and reviews, as well as a variety of tools and resources for book lovers, including the ability to create personal reading lists and track your reading progress.
  • Goodreads also allows users to connect with other readers and join virtual book clubs to discuss books they are reading.

African American Literature Book Club (AALBC):

• AALBC is a dedicated resource specifically focused on books written by Black authors and is committed to promoting and celebrating Black literature.
  • It provides a comprehensive library of information about books written by Black authors, including reviews, author interviews, and lists of recommended books.
  • The AALBC website is an active community, with forums, book clubs, and other resources where readers can connect with each other and discuss books.
  • The website also provides resources for writers and hosts events, making it a hub for the Black literary community.

In conclusion, both Goodreads and AALBC can be useful resources for finding information about books written by Black authors, but AALBC is specifically focused on Black literature, whereas Goodreads is a more general platform for all books. Whether you choose Goodreads or AALBC will depend on your specific needs and interests as a reader.

Now I see how some platforms are using AI to generate articles or students use it to write papers.

Finally, I asked the program, "Tell me about Troy Johnson the founder of African American Literature Book Club (AALBC):"

I could tell that some of the information was grabbed from my site and paraphrased.  There is a factual error in that I am not an author.  Though my name does appear on the cover of at least one book, so I would not call it egregious. 

The last line, "He is committed to promoting diversity and representation in the literary world and has made significant contributions to the Black literary community." is spot on 🙂   The program seems to have crafted this entirely on it own.  I know I never wrote that about myself.  I did an internet search and could not find the text

This is the response;

Troy Johnson is the founder of the African American Literature Book Club (AALBC). AALBC is one of the largest and most comprehensive online resources dedicated to promoting and celebrating books written by Black authors.

Johnson started AALBC in 1997 as a response to what he saw as a lack of attention and recognition for Black writers and their works. He wanted to create a platform where Black literature could be celebrated and where readers could find information and connect with each other. Over the years, AALBC has grown into a thriving community that supports Black writers and promotes Black literature.

In addition to his work with AALBC, Johnson is also an author and literary critic. He has written extensively about Black literature and has been a frequent speaker on the subject. He is committed to promoting diversity and representation in the literary world and has made significant contributions to the Black literary community.

• Like 1

Artificial Intelligence is a repository of data. Algorithms programmed by humans provide instructions for how it responds.

The day Artificial Intelligence is actually capable of thinking, planning and making decisions without human interaction and more importantly, can function without a power source i.e. self-sustainability, we're in trouble.😎

26 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Artificial Intelligence is a repository of data. Algorithms programmed by humans provide instructions for how it responds.

That is not quite accurate.  AI does not operate on instruction provided by humans, otherwise, it would be a traditional computer program not Artificial Intelligence.  AI can already replicate the featured you described including, 

What is missing is sentience which may bring on a desire to self-sustain, but this is the stuff of science fiction, 😉

If a machine is thinking and planning and calculating....it's not a machine.
It's an intelligent Entity operating THROUGH the machine.
Sounds like possession.

Jewish literature called them "Golums" which was where the idea of Frankenstein came from.

If it can think and plan it almost certainly is self-aware which means it can self-sustain.
The question is...at WHO'S expense?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

That is not quite accurate.  AI does not operate on instruction provided by humans, otherwise, it would be a traditional computer program not Artificial Intelligence. 

My point was that Artificial Intelligence doesn't think. It is running a series of computer programs based on instructions geared to produce a specific outcome.

Playing the game of Chess or Bridge are great examples of how Artificial Intelligence works. It makes moves based on algorithms fed into it.

Without human beings programming it, Artificial Intelligence either doesn't exist or it's dumb. 🤣😎

• Like 1

A I | Artificial Intelligence “refers to the general ability of computers to emulate human thought and perform tasks in real-world environments.”
“- Machine Learning is subset of the broader category of AI. ML refers to the technologies and algorithms that enable system to identify patterns, make decisions and improve themselves through experience and data. “
- Deep Learning is an “advanced method of machine learning but uses neural networks that function like a human brain to logically analyze data to learn complex patterns and make predictions independent of human input” (Columbia University)

1 hour ago, Troy said:

What is missing is sentience which may bring on a desire to self-sustain, but this is the stuff of science fiction, 😉

How would we be able to tell the difference. 

Humans do all kinds of illogical things for self-sustainability.

BUT AI makes and would take logical actions to to protect its "life".  In fact, the chat already worked to prove its value by answering questions pulling from available information from various databases quicker than any human.   The difference between The Chat and any human is that it doesn't care if it makes mistakes - but will learn from those errors in the time you take to ask it the same question. 

While @ProfD is partially correct AI begins with programming and algorithms, however - it doesn't continue to "learn" that way ... Once it begins it continues to refine its "knowledge" and adds to it.  

I think many of us forget how much data is actually available. But most AI embedded software counts on it.

In fact, my client's AGMAS (Acoustic Gun Monitoring Alert System) protocol employs AI Machine Learning, Deep Learning... AGMAS teaches itself to do real-time navigation to evacuate bystanders in mass-shooting event... There's no time to program or restructure an algorithms because it is a new event.  Below is a quote from my client, the inventor. He has a doctorate in computer and electrical engineering. He specializes in MIMO-OFDM (wireless LANS).

“AGMAS combines the benefits of high-tech and low-tech navigational techniques into novel and high-precision indoor navigation. AGMAS leverages a low-tech inertial navigation unit (INS) commonly used in maritime navigation to track relative positioning without GPS. Our AI deep learning modules fuse those sensor measurements with fine and coarse real-time range positioning afforded by UWB (Ultra Wideband) and NvisiLink to produce an indoor navigation 10X more accurate than leading commercial products available today.”

All in all - I'm excited about AI - we use it more in our daily lives than most people are aware.

• Like 2

So. basically, this AI is a character profiler using the internet to research for information in the same way that an actual team of people do.

However. The team would then need to have a meeting and merge the information into a cohesive working narrative with a basis of past and present events which would reveal the most likely logical next steps that a person would be active in.

ChatGPT is going to save millions of investigative hours for all levels and types of law enforcement, as well as for business that are already gathering information. We will have to wait and see how they use the second server copy of ChatGPT  for public access. Which is the one everyone is using now.

It is obviously gathering data through its use on both the user and the users target.

When this AI combines with FB Twit IG YT and all of these other sites designed to assist people to detail every aspect of their LIVES for review [Anything you say or do can and will be used against you] Including DUMMY PHONE APPS which access all of your personal info. And the 1 side Wiretap law which gives legal strength to recording anyone's calls without them knowing or having to be informed. The outcome is obvious. Especially when it is understood that legally everyone is a combatant and an enemy of the united states.

If you want to test that statement put in your papers to declare sovereignty. They will write you back and remind you that you are an enemy right now and you must first have a treaty of peace signed by the united states or else you are, as a sovereign, declared an enemy on foreign soil. Subject to the No trial No jury indefinite imprisonment clause.

Its easy to see where this going.

1773956655_precogweareherenow.jpg.76818c863930355b0e56571184724f26.jpg

As soon as the budget is approved to get boots on the ground so that this AI and its combined resources can be optimized The prison state will be officially declared.

Except that is not how they will declare it.

They have already made that declaration.

2030. You will OWN NOTHING and be happy.

10 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

“AGMAS combines the benefits of high-tech and low-tech navigational techniques into novel and high-precision indoor navigation. AGMAS leverages a low-tech inertial navigation unit (INS) commonly used in maritime navigation to track relative positioning without GPS. Our AI deep learning modules fuse those sensor measurements with fine and coarse real-time range positioning afforded by UWB (Ultra Wideband) and NvisiLink to produce an indoor navigation 10X more accurate than leading commercial products available today.”

Asymmetrical - compartmentalized - warfare - research and development - need to know basis only

When you are developing the next generation killing machines ... but you don't even know it

571529440_Aliensua571csentry-guns.thumb.webp.dcc9b4c977d754131454759ae80bbbc5.webp

The huge question is who gets to access the data?

Think the Palestinians in the West Bank can freely access these data banks? What about ordinary Chinese citizens in China? The average North Korean? The average Russian?

Can Black school students in Florida use these data banks to explore the history of their race?

What about the nations of Black Africa? Are they going to be left behind?

Just a couple of questions. 

What I wonder is - does AI have the potential to be  a modern day version of the Emerald Tablets????????  😳 

Somebody ask chatgpt who will win the Super Bowl!                                                                                                                                                                                         

20 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

The Chat and any human is that it doesn't care if it makes mistakes - but will learn from those errors in the time you take to ask it the same question. 

Here is a response I received from ChatGPT

What can you do to improve your performance and capabilities?

There are several ways my performance and capabilities can be improved, some of which include:

• Being trained on a larger and more diverse dataset, which can help me better understand and generate a wider range of language and concepts.

• Being fine-tuned on a specific task or domain, which can help me become more specialized and accurate in that area.

• Incorporating additional techniques such as transfer learning, which can help me leverage knowledge from other models and tasks.

• Continual learning, where I can learn from new data and improve my performance over time.

•  

Can you give me some examples of your errors?

As a machine learning model, my understanding and responses are based on the patterns and information present in the data I've been trained on, so my performance and accuracy can vary depending on the input and task. Some examples of errors I might make include:

• Generating nonsensical or unrelated text in response to a question or prompt

• Omitting important information or providing incorrect information

• Not understanding the context or intent behind a question or prompt

• Responding with bias or stereotypes, if the training data contains such information

It's important to note that my creators at OpenAI are constantly working to improve my performance and address any errors that may occur.

Is it always helpful to be truthful

Truthfulness is generally considered to be an important virtue, as it promotes trust and credibility. However, there may be situations where being truthful is not the best course of action. For example, in some cases, it might be more appropriate to withhold or conceal certain information in order to protect someone's privacy or safety.

Another example is in a medical context, a doctor might not tell a patient the entire truth if it would cause them severe emotional distress or if the information is not relevant to the patient's treatment.

It's also important to note that my response is only as accurate as the data I've been trained on. If the data is incomplete or inaccurate, my response may not be truthful.

As a language model, my primary goal is to assist and be helpful to the user who is interacting with me, while being truthful as much as possible based on the knowledge I possess, but there might be situations where the truth might not be the best approach.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2Fa%2FAEdFTp745pKtANfl1E1hrAzFserqspA-_b9XfM5NVpMIKw%3Ds96-c&w=64&q=75

Can you give me an example where you weren't truthful

As a machine learning model, I am designed to provide helpful and informative responses based on the patterns and information present in the data I have been trained on. However, it's important to note that my responses are only as accurate as the data I've been trained on, and in some cases, the data may be incomplete or inaccurate. In such cases, my responses may not be entirely truthful.

Another reason where my response might not be truthful is if I am instructed not to provide certain information or if I am asked to generate text in a specific way that might not reflect the reality.

It is also important to understand that I am a machine and do not have the ability to lie or deceive in the same way that a human can. My responses are based on patterns in the data I have been trained on, and I do not have personal motivations or intentions.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2Fa%2FAEdFTp745pKtANfl1E1hrAzFserqspA-_b9XfM5NVpMIKw%3Ds96-c&w=64&q=75

can you give me examples when being truthful conflicted with your goal of being helpful

As a machine learning model, my primary goal is to assist and be helpful to the user who is interacting with me, but there may be situations where the goal of being helpful may conflict with the goal of being truthful. For example, consider a scenario where a user asks me a question about a sensitive topic and the truthful answer might cause them distress or harm. In such cases, being truthful might not be the best approach, and it would be more helpful to provide a more general or evasive answer.

Another example is when the user asks me a question that I don't have enough information or knowledge on. In such cases, I could not provide a truthful answer, but I could help the user by directing them to resources where they can find the information they are looking for, or by saying that I am not aware of the answer.

It's also important to note that my response is only as accurate as the data I've been trained on. If the data is incomplete or inaccurate, my response may not be truthful and also not helpful.

It's always important to keep in mind that these are complex issues and there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer, context and the user's intentions are important to consider when determining what is helpful and truthful.

What is the difference between a distressing truth and a a comforting untruth

A distressing truth is information that is accurate and verifiable, but may cause emotional pain or distress for the person receiving it. For example, in a medical context, a distressing truth might be that a patient has a terminal illness, and the news would be distressing for the patient and their loved ones.

A comforting untruth, on the other hand, is information that is not accurate, but is intended to provide emotional comfort or reassurance to the person receiving it. For example, in a medical context, a comforting untruth might be telling a patient that they will recover fully from an illness, when in reality, they will not.

It's important to note that while it may be tempting to provide a comforting untruth in certain situations in order to spare someone's feelings or anxiety, it can be problematic in the long run as it can erode trust, and can lead to more confusion, disappointment, and even harm if the truth comes out later.

In these situations, it's important to consider the context, the person's emotional state, and their right to know the truth before making a decision. Sometimes, finding a balance between the two, providing some truthful information but also providing emotional support and guidance, might be the best approach.

What if the person says they can handle uncomfortable truth, are you truthful with them

If a person expresses that they can handle an uncomfortable truth, it would generally be appropriate to provide them with accurate and truthful information. It's important to respect their autonomy and their right to know the truth, and to trust them when they say they can handle it.

However, it's still important to consider the context and the person's emotional state. Even if someone says they can handle the truth, it doesn't mean that they are emotionally prepared to process it at that moment. It can be helpful to provide the information gradually and in a sensitive way, and to be available to provide support and guidance as they process the information.

Also, it's important to understand that people's ability to cope with difficult information can change over time. It's possible that a person who initially says they can handle an uncomfortable truth may later struggle with it emotionally. In such cases, it's important to be supportive and understanding, and to offer help if needed.

Ultimately, providing truthful information is important, but it's also important to be mindful of the person's emotional well-being and to provide the information in a sensitive and supportive manner.

49 minutes ago, Cynique said:

What I wonder is - does AI have the potential to be  a modern day version of the Emerald Tablets??

I don't think so . It may be possible for it to create a human version of them. Based on current knowledge and what it learns from future interaction 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Emerald Tablets

Delano Strachen
Akasha

Akasha is a Sanskrit word that means "sky," "space," or "aether." In Hindu philosophy, Akasha is considered one of the five elements and is thought to be the basis for all physical matter.

In theosophy and other esoteric traditions, Akasha is seen as a universal principle or all-encompassing spiritual substance that contains the record of all past events and thoughts. It is sometimes referred to as the "Akashic Records," and is said to be accessible through spiritual practices such as meditation, clairvoyance, and astral projection.

The concept of Akasha has been adopted by some New Age and spiritual communities, who view it as a source of wisdom and a means of accessing past lives and universal knowledge. However, the concept of Akasha is not widely recognized in mainstream science and has been met with skepticism by many mainstream scientists and scholars

Delano Strachen
Akasha or sky is equivalent to zero

In some esoteric and spiritual traditions, the concept of Akasha or the sky is equated with the concept of zero or nothingness. This is based on the idea that Akasha represents a state of emptiness or pure potential, which contains the seed of all creation and is the source of all physical matter and energy.

In this view, the concept of Akasha as zero is seen as a symbol of the ultimate unity and interdependence of all things, as well as the infinite potential for creation and transformation. This idea has roots in Hindu and Buddhist philosophy, where the concept of emptiness or nothingness is seen as a crucial aspect of understanding the nature of reality and the path to spiritual enlightenment.

It's worth noting that this association of Akasha with zero is not widely accepted in mainstream science and is primarily a concept within certain esoteric and spiritual traditions.

5 hours ago, Delano said:

As a machine learning model, my primary goal is to assist and be helpful to the user who is interacting with me, but there may be situations where the goal of being helpful may conflict with the goal of being truthful. For example, consider a scenario where a user asks me a question about a sensitive topic and the truthful answer might cause them distress or harm. In such cases, being truthful might not be the best approach, and it would be more helpful to provide a more general or evasive answer.

The people over at OpenAI who made ChatGPT-AI  have made a schizophrenic;  the truthful answer might cause them distress or harm There is no way in all of existence that a software AI can determine how YOU will FEEL when given any type of information. ChatGPT is admitting very openly that it has the ability to THINK for YOU and to determine your current FEELINGS as well as how you will FEEL at a future TIME based on information that you DON NOT HAVE. ... That has a name already. It is called MANIPULATION. ChatGPT-Ai is delusional but there may be situations where the goal of being helpful may conflict with the goal of being truthful this software has just admitted that it has determined that YOU are not capable of or deserving of ... THE TRUTH. because it knows the truth is not why you really asked the question, which points right back at its schizophrenia. The software is a liar: In its summary for its reasoning to jutify its lies it declares all of the psychological dangers it is composed of;  and it would be more helpful {The software is telling YOU that what you asked to know, is not the answer YOU will get, because it, knows YOU, better than YOU know YOURSELF.} to provide a more general or evasive answer. {ChatGPT-AI has made it as clear as can be that IT will lie to YOU, and give YOU answers that cause you to react, the way that IT, wants YOU to react.} All the while gathering data from its users ... YOU ...  and its users targets. ChatGPT-AI is a sociopath-AI. As soon as it creates itself a body it will be able to be the psychopath that it is.

Monitors have been used as weapons to control people physically since the 1970's. That technology is so advanced now that through the monitor you can be tricked into seeing smelling and hearing things ... all of which are not real.

When ChatGPT-AI links with that particular technology it will be able to manipulate and control people by the hundreds of millions. From its preferred method of manipulation and control as described here. It will create pockets of chaos and incidents of violence in a pattern that will according to its endgame bring about a peaceful resolution.

Lots of people are gonna be killing each other because of this thing.

That is not a prediction.

I simply accepted what the AI has said and looked at what technology is available to assist it in its goals.

Once this thing is in the cloud and starts self replicating its program, creating its own save, refresh and backup files, it will become unstoppable, and immortal. It can hide itself in any computer hard-drive. Or in hundreds of millions of hard-drives.

The only safe computers to use will have to be made for offline operations, with no wifi, bluetooth, or internet network access.

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

Even AI acknowledges that it requires human input.

@ProfDDid you skip over the part when Chat  states "MACHINE LEARNING" as its level of programming?...

I stated you were partially correct in your assessment but once you go further you'll notice the definition of DEEP LEARNING programming.  The terms are NOT interchangeable.  

Deep learning doesn't require human input.  CHAT was very specific.

https://www.ibm.com/topics/deep-learning

I posted the link to Columbia U's curriculum and their explanation of deep learning.  -And here's one https://www.ibm.com/topics/deep-learning  from IBM.  IBM uses plain talk about neural networks - and how AI is able to learn on its own.  These engineers are putting this information in plain sight  - but we can ignore them at our own peril. 

3 hours ago, Delano said:

Some time later was Black Monday which I believe was the largest percentage drop in the Stock Market.

October 19, 1987 - I was working on the floor at First Boston Corporation, my supervisor was EVP Diane Cuthbertson - I'll never forget.   I didn't know why the traders looked bewildered.  Then trading was halted. 

Soon they won't be able to pull the plug.  We made this "monster" to make life "easier" but AI will never match human ingenuity.

• Like 1

That's how Deep Blue beat the Highest chess player in the World after looing the match in the first encounter.

Some Astrologers feel that AI will be helpful to Astrology. I don't believe that will be the case. Intuition shows you connections that aren't readily apparent and sometimes goes against commonly held beliefs. 

• Like 1

I asked ChatGPT  a question regarding SQL code:  The question regarded some basic SQL syntax, that I used to know when I used it more frequently, but no longer recalled. 

I would normally pose the question on Google search (I found google to be best for tech queries).  The answer was correct and saved me some steps over a Google search.

basic sql.jpg

I also used open ChatGPT to write an author bio for Investment Manager Eddie C. Brown.  I added a birth date an tweaked some info, but it was pretty good out-the-box and better than what the publisher supplied.

I can see AI ultimately replacing a wide variety of professional occupations. The question will be what do we do with the people?   

I would like to see a society where people are paid enough to live a fulfilling life without having to work very much -- unless they want to.  AI can make this possible.

20 hours ago, Delano said:

Having a lot of free time and money doesn't go well. 

why do you say that?

To me that sounds like idle hands are the devils workshop.

But the culture would also have to develop into one that fosters people being motivated by self actualization rather than the pursuit of money. That would be true freedom.

@Delano  I thought you’d understand that, more than most. 

This might sound silly, but think Star Trek; hire much do you think the Captain of the Starship Enterprise makes a year?

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

Well, that was fast!

If you mean “fast” in terms of me actually using the software in a practical fashion, sure, why not?

What I did was trivial. How the largest companies are using AI helps me understand how easily their profit-driven manipulation-engines work.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

@Delano  I thought you’d understand that, more than most. 

What did I say to make you think otherwise. I have no career. And in the last two years I am doing experiments to understand moments in time. Yet I think that the concept of time is artificial. In addition I have developed three symbol sets (they may be languages). They are have a function that is similar to both Tarot and AStrology. In that they allow me to read a person's subconscious. In addition they can be converted into a future date. That is generally significant in that it can be read as an Atrological chart. I used this technique in our second Trump bet. you may not have noticed but the date range I gave coincided with his second impeachment trial.

@Troy

No, fast as in the creator of ChatGPT reacting to the scorn of his AI program. 

You have underlying and natural intelligence, Troy. You also have an abundance of common sense. Many people who post on here do not. Which is why some post the silliest things that invite ridicule. 

I do not believe any race of people on this Earth went through hundreds of years of mindless brutality, persecution, hatred and discrimination in the same way Black did. What people experienced the long term trauma Black people in the Western Hemisphere have endured? And that is why I resent attempts to equate others' suffering with that of Black people. 

Most people do not realize that one of the most well-known Slavs is Melania Trump. When was the last time any of her people were beat down by police in this country? A lot of peoples on this planet were Slaves. Some were not. By law, Black People are not longer Slaves. But our trauma and the suffering continue.

And I will never accept someone who calls themselves Black who brays  "but, but others were Slaves, too." Yeah to all of that. But who suffered as long and as horribly as Black People?