Another police killing ... it just never stops does it?

That story is bizarre.

Double amputee jumps out of a wheel chair to chase down and stab someone else.

*Hops* back in the wheelchair still brandishing a weapon and threatening law enforcement.

His mom says he had been suffering from a lot of depression since losing his legs.

Maybe angry man wanted to commit suicide by cops.

I'll wait on more information before giving this dude a hashtag. 😎

• Like 1

There's less room for negotiation when someone has a weapon of any kind. Police are trained to use deadly force.

I don't think lethal force is necessary when the weapon is not a firearm.

Folks have been shot and killed while waving a butter knife several feet away from the police. A taser or leg shot would have been sufficient.

If police officers were trained in hand to hand combat, they would be able to disarm someone wielding a knife or club.

Law enforcement especially in Black and Brown communities have been licensed to kill them. The people need to recognize and believe it.😎

• Like 2

So, I've seen some video of that situation.  I don't know why the double amputee stabbed the other guy. 

But, by swinging that knife around at them, he  clearly committed suicide by cops. 

While I still believe the police could have handled that situation differently, that's not how they are trained especially when it comes to Black and Brown people. 

If that had been a white man, he might be sitting behind bars for the assault but he would definitely still be alive today.😎

• Like 1

1. They didn't have to shot him at all.
They could have repeatedly tased him into submission or used CO gas on him until he was so incapacitated he posed no threat....then use their batons to knock the knife out of his hand.

2. If they DID shoot him, they didn't have to shot him so many times.
They could have just shot him once and probably in the arm he had the knife in.

But the policy to kill serves 2 purposes:

-It's part of an overall plan for population reduction so killing a "criminal" is one less person to feed and take care of in the penal institution.

-Killing him prevents him from telling HIS side of the story.

Here we go again...

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/17/1157893626/white-louisiana-police-charged-in-alonzo-bagley-shooting-death

Domestic disturbance complaint leads to Alonzo Bagley, another AfroAmerican man being killed by police. 

There's a body-cam video that captures some of the situation.

The most disturbing audio is the police officer who fired the shot crying and begging Mr. Barnes to pull through and survive. 

Another situation that didn't require the police officer to pull and fire a weapon. But, it will keep happening especially when officers do not see a reflection of themselves in the victim and/or have a grievance. 

The cop's lawyer is already trying to spin the narrative and provide a defense for his client. Ridiculous. 😎

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Atleast the cop got arrested for it this time.
That's a good thing.

If some of these cops actually start getting arrested and serving prison time and possibly even receive the death penalty for their crimes, I think that MAY slow down some of their savagery.

Race soldiers become celebrities for killing Black folks. They will never get the death penalty.

These killings will continue until Black folks fight back.😎