Why All The Reports About Nuclear Bombs? 

Why All The Reports About Nuclear Bombs? 

AA174CPn.img?w=550&h=185&m=6

High altitude balloons, like the one China has floated over mountain state military bases this week, are considered a key “delivery platform” for secret nuclear strikes on America’s electric grid, according to intelligence officials.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dry-run-balloons-called-top-delivery-platform-for-nuclear-emp-attack/ar-AA174OkJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c86af376050b4cc6b774464b53dab6e1

Yesterday, I saw a report about 'What to do if a nuclear bomb is dropped'. Russia has threatened to attack UK recently and now, apparently China has sent a balloon over Montana, and elsewhere in America. This region in Montana is where American has a nuclear bomb facility. Some experts give their opinion on why America has not shot down this Chinese Spy Balloon, but I do not understand.

Perhaps, it is because of the fear of it being a nuclear bomb inside? Or perhaps of the fear of retaliation?

I wonder. Nevertheless, all of this recent talk, is alarming for me. 

Spy balloons, used by Japan to drop bombs during World War II,

are now far more sophisticated, can fly at up to 200,000 feet,

evade detection and carry a small nuclear bomb

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dry-run-balloons-called-top-delivery-platform-for-nuclear-emp-attack/ar-AA174OkJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c86af376050b4cc6b774464b53dab6e1

I think China knows better than to put ANY type of ballistics or weaponry inside of anything they send over here....lol.
They aren't stupid at all....let alone THAT stupid.

I'm thinking it was one of 2 things:

1. China simply testing the waters to see how much they could get away with.....as most nations tend to do from time to time.

or

2. That balloon actually belongs to the United States and they are operating THROUGH the Chinese government in order to spy on it's own citizens.

In a global economy, there is no U.S. vs China....it's the rich vs everybody else.
The same rich people who control the U.S. also control China, so it's not a stretch to believe that both nations could be working together to maintain control over their masses.

• Thanks 1

That's what I'm saying......

They offered too many bullshit excuses for not taking what THEY admitted was a weapon for a foreign (and hostile?) power, down when traveling across the U.S. posed an obvious threat.

Infact, they didn't decide to shoot the balloon down until AFTER a lot of outcry and questions from the public as to why they didn't.
So the action taken was basically a PR move to quell the anxiety of the public.....which is NOT a military tactic.

Now I've read some reports claiming that Biden ordered the balloon shot down as far back as Wednesday.

image.png.3bea0bce32728e4e45a9503796fa93fe.png

President Biden said on Saturday that he had ordered the Pentagon earlier in the week to shoot down the Chinese surveillance balloon traveling over the U.S. “as soon as possible.”

“On Wednesday, when I was briefed on the balloon, I ordered the Pentagon to shoot it down … as soon as possible,” Biden told reporters in Hagerstown, Md.

Biden says he ordered US military to shoot down Chinese ‘spy’ balloon ‘as soon as possible’ | The Hill

WTF????

So the President "ordered" it shot down but somebody in the military "decided" to wait until it got off the coast?
That is NOT how the military works let alone how the U.S. government operates.
If Biden ordered that balloon taken down Wednesday...it would have been taken down Wednesday.

It sounds like a bunch of people trying to "clean up" a messes situation as to why a spy balloon was being allowed to fly over the U.S. population.

H8ll, we don't really know that it was a Chinese balloon.🤔

American citizens cannot fly or walk in restricted spaces without getting shot. I refuse to believe they let a foreign object take a stroll through our skies.

image.png.0a208327a54ae5cb9c1c53829eb38a93.png

They come up with all types of distractions. Divert folks attention from some other BS they're pulling elsewhere. 😎

Do any of you understand how big that antennae array on the balloon was? It was the length of three buses. Picture three Greyhound interstate cruisers end to end. That's about 39 and a half feet times three.

At times, that balloon was 70,000 feet in the air, according to several military and intelligence analysts.

If the balloon had been shot down over land and had that array struck homes or people, the damage could have been deadly. Biden was right to shoot it down over the ocean.

Balloons are not normally used to cannot carry nuclear warheads. These days, it's a good bet in any all-out war, nukes will be fired via MIRVs, or Multiple Independent Re-entry Vehicles. What this means is that a missile can carry multiple warheads which can be fired at different targets independently. All at different speeds and trajectories. And these can be fired from ground missile bases, aircraft or submarines.

The U.S. pioneered these type of missiles in the 1970's.

Why is China doing this? Because it can. It floated balloons over the U.S. three times when Trump was in the White House, Pentagon sources said. But the flight durations were much shorter. China's leadership is full of dumbasses who love to provoke. They are trying to intimidate the U.S. from defending Taiwan. 

China also has a balloon over South America. 

So, since China is being the world's bully... what do you guy suggest?

Remember anything you write must be sensible, logical and workable

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

If the balloon had been shot down over land and had that array struck homes or people, the damage could have been deadly. Biden was right to shoot it down over the ocean.

Why is China doing this? Because it can.

So, since China is being the world's bully...

The US has the most powerful military on the planet.  At their disposal is no shortage of ways of taking that balloon down without putting Americans in harms way. 

The US could have taken that balloon down a week ago well before it entered US airspace.

China is not the world's bully.  They are the most powerful nation consisting of people of color

Creating adversaries justifies reinforcing military strength.   The US is making China a Boogeyman. At first, it was North Korea.  Looks like a pattern.

If China was a real threat to the US, they would not be allowed to manufacture a large percentage of US products. 

Also, Chinese people would not have such a  huge presence within the United States. 

Geopolitics is a dirty game running the world. A relatively handful of people controlling how billions of people live.

The media is used to spin all types of narratives in order to maintain the bottom line...system of racism white supremacy.😎

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, Pioneer1 said:

1. China simply testing the waters to see how much they could get away with.....as most nations tend to do from time to time.

Yes, @Pioneer1 I think it is this one.

I read that there is some type of intenational AGREEMENT that countries can do this, but now though, I think China may have tested the waters a little more than the agreement, or else why would they be reporting this now!?

On 2/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, Pioneer1 said:

It sounds like a bunch of people trying to "clean up" a messes situation as to why a spy balloon was being allowed to fly over the U.S. population.

Yes. This sounds really creepy. And, I just heard that another Chinese balloon has been discovered and flying over Mexico.

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

China is not the world's bully.  They are the most powerful nation consisting of people of color

Good point! 

@Chevdove

There is no international agreement allowing for overflights by spy balloons. If there were, someone would have brought this up already. Has anyone? Spying by air is akin to plotting the murder of a country's ruler. It is taken quite seriously.

What you may be thinking of are reciprocal overflight agreements for commercial aviation. These are usually bilateral agreements between nations. But they preclude using a commercial aircraft for spying purposes. Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was blown out of the sky on Sept. 1, 1983 by a Soviet Sukhoi SU-15 interceptor aircraft after the KAL flight mistakenly strayed into Soviet air space. The unarmed Boeing 747 jet crashed off Sakhalin Island killing all 269 onboard, Included a Georgia congressman. 

The jet had taken off from New York City, touched down in Anchorage, Alaska, then was to continue on to South Korea's capital Seoul. But the Soviets alleged the aircraft was on a spy mission for the U.S., an allegation which was never proven. But the KAL jet was 200 miles into Soviet territory. BTW, it is easy to attach spy cameras to the wings of any aircraft. 

Rodney campbell - What are we supposed to be digging for and digging into what? The information on this incident, save the nonsense that has already leaked out, is classified. 

ProfD - You don't think China is a bully and do you really consider this country a Nation of Color?

China is a vicious oppressor and international tech thief, leeching off dumb ass Black African rulers who happily sign agreements leveraging their country's best assets in exchange for promises of infrastructure improvements. All due to historical  reluctance of western nations to refuse financial and technological aid to the continent. That is slowly changing for some.

China has spies everywhere in U.S. corporations and plants. The country steals design plans, product models and information and data as often as you change your shorts.

Do you know how I got to know Troy? Years go, he posted a thread on China informing the world that it would imprison U.S. citizens inside China if the United States put Chinese spies on trial. You still think China is an honorable nation?

You never saw videos of the Tiananmen Square protests? You don't know China has been illegally occupying Tibet for years in defiance of international law? Ask the Dalai Lama. China replaced him with a fake. You don't know about the country's brutal repression of minority Uyghurs? China intrudes on Taiwanese air space every friggin' week. Its huge navy tries to intimidate U.S. Navy ships all the time in the Pacific. 

China has been lending African nations money. But the language in the event of loan default is worse than creepy. Kenya could lose its port of Mobassa if it defaults. 

China wants control of Africa's vast mineral deposits. And its playing the role of Fallon the Financier to get this done.

China's growing financial stranglehold on Africa

2 minutes ago, Stefan said:
21 hours ago, ProfD said:

The US has the most powerful military on the planet.  At their disposal is no shortage of ways of taking that balloon down without putting Americans in harms way. 

The US could have taken that balloon down a week ago well before it entered US airspace.😎

Nope, you're wrong. Balloons do not show up on radar as aircraft do. 

U.S. did not detect Chinese spy balloons

@Stefan,, China has been doing the same sh8t for hundreds of years. Their hands are no more dirty than any other powerful nation.

The United States did not become the lone Super Power on the planet from being nice.

The US is fully aware of every potential threat and prepared to destroy it. Every closed eye is not asleep. 

All powerful countries engage in espionage (spying) to varying degrees. The US does it too.

Weaker countries allow themselves to be exploited. Most are complicit. Otherwise they would fight for their sovereignty or die trying to maintain it.

In my eyes, human beings are either white or non-white (people of color). Chinese people are non-white. 

The US didn't need radar to see that balloon. They've been tracking balloons and spy activities forever.

The citizens don't hear about most of what's really happening.😎

@Stefan

Truth is a burden to be carried. It is weighty. Heavily so.

It is with respectful consideration of others unknown limits that I do not blurt out answers to dilemma, questions, or statements, which I already have the answer to.

My suggestion and advice for others to dig deeper is a well thought out way for me to allow the people involved to learn at their own pace while only offering well informed guidance if they so choose to pursue that knowledge and information they currently do not have.

This allows people to take as much of a breather and break as they require and to even cherrypick the information. Stopping when they have reached the point they needed to get to for whatever reason.

I know this burden all to well.

Thus. I call out no-one for failing to reach the depths that are available to reach. I merely observe their contentment on having reached a new level.

The fact of the matter is that no-one here is even in the ballpark about the reality of the balloons.

I am in no position to force that reality onto anyone. Usurping another persons free will is the most vile action any human can do to another human being. I always selfcheck to make sure that I am not imposing my knowledge onto others. Even when that door is opened. As you have done. Which, by the way I thank you for.

We all have our weight limits, The truth can break a person forever if you do not carefully allow them to get used to its weight. I know of no other safe and healthy way than to allow people to do it themselves when they are ready and in their own TIME.

Meanwhile. I am enjoying reading these conversations. because whoever does learn the truth may not even know what to do with it, especially how to share it here.

You see.

Everyone here is intelligent. That is obvious. So the bigger questions that arise aside from the obvious social manipulation and Control Techniques that are Social Engineering becomes, why anyone here does not already know?

It is clear that everyone seems satisfied with the diversionary tactics deployed to misdirect their questions and to assuage their feelings and emotions.

Which means that the Social Engineers design is working perfectly.

Which means that everyone is happy and contented, comfortable with what they have been allowed to know.

I am not going to intrude on anyones happiness. That is not my place to do so.

I made that mistake years ago.

I told someone the TRUTH and it took their entire world apart.

Have you ever witnessed a persons false reality bubble shatter?

This is one of the few TIMES I will share an emotional response I had. It was devastatingly heartbreaking. My empathic receptors were off the charts.

So if people choose to live in their fake reality bubbles I will not burst it.

I am not even entertained by it.

It sad really.

But if they choose to stick their heads out. I will support it and protect it and guide them as far as they are willing to go on their own.

I dont know everything. No matter how much I study knowing that much is not possible. I do know enough to do what I said I can do.

@ProfD

China has not been doing the same chit for hundreds of years. There was no high-tech hundreds of years ago. And as recently as the early 20th Century, foreign influence still bedeviled China. For example, Hong Kong had been taken over and ruled by the British.

Many parts of the country was still beset by internecine warfare. China could not threaten another country. It was too busy fending off incursions.

I'd be careful before making sweeping statements without understanding the underlying background and history. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

I'd be careful before making sweeping statements without understanding the underlying background and history. 

First, I fear nothing therefore I'm free to type and/or say whatever pops into my brain. No caution required.

Secondly, while you're entitled to read my post as a "sweeping statement", it is presumptuous to assume that I lack  understanding of the underlying background and history just because my position doesn't fit through your lens.

21 hours ago, Rodney campbell said:

It is with respectful consideration of others unknown limits that I do not blurt out answers to dilemma, questions, or statements....

The brotha makes a great point here because literal and figurative interpretations of information can be influenced by an individual's emotion and/or bias.

Even more challenging to have a virtual discussion over text because it is devoid of physical expression.  

Maybe we should recalibrate the discussion on how China became a powerful nation in the modern era. I'm certain that in addition to other countries they got a lot of help from...US (United States). 😎

• Like 2

@ProfD

There was no high technology hundreds of years ago. So China could not have been stealing any. 

One can discover just how China became a world power ... but you're going to have do some reading. You will not find the full answer from one source. And that is what I do. I read. But I mostly read analyses. 

Personally, I don't care to revisit how China became so powerful and threatening. But I know a lot of their expertise and industrial knowledge came through outsourcing and illegal technology transfers.

How China steals U.S. high tech

I wrote numerous news stories on transporting raw materials and finished product to and from Mexico and China. I also attended myriad conferences where these topics were discussed.

The U.S. practically gave away its industrial advantage through greedy corporations that did not want to pay U.S. workers the salaries their talent called for. So they opted to transfer many operations to other countries where the costs were much lower. This was outsourcing.

Their first choice was Mexico. Under NAFTA, many companies closed plants in the U.S. and went south of the border. I am sure many remember Ross Perot's warning of "that great sucking sound" as Mexico vacuumed up U.S. company after U.S. company.

I'm simplifying this. There was great trauma in the corporate manufacturing world and great fear among workers that "my company might be next." 

But it turned out many Mexicans refused to work cheap, demanding higher pay, health benefits, even childcare centers. Especially in the car making Maquiladora corridor. In Mexico's Federal District, (Mexico City and other regions in central Mexico) wages were high enough that at some companies pay was a dollar or two below U.S. hourly wages.

So U.S. companies then began eyeing Taiwan, China and other Asian nations. This did not happen overnight. But as wages in Asia rose and some companies blanched at Pacific ocean shipping costs, some production was transferred back to Mexico. 

The bottom line is that China is a huge country with more than a billion people. It's second in population behind India. Under its current leadership, China stands ready to knock off the U.S. and assume world domination.

This is a much abbreviated version. But I repeat, there are plenty of other sources. 

• Like 1

High technology is relative to the time period in which it was created. IOW, the tools we take for granted were once high technology.

A skim through reading of  the history of China, one would know how they were powerful from their dynasties through present.

China was responsible for the four great inventions (compass, gunpowder, papermaking and printing).  They also came up with the abacus, sundial and lantern. 

Chinese mathematicians were the 1st to use integers (negative numbers).  Sun Tzu wrote the Art of War.   

It is easy to dismiss how China became powerful and threatening but choose to cherry-pick what makes them a Boogeyman.

The  role the US has played in making China a more powerful nation has been acknowledged. 

I would not be surprised if a tour of Chinese military weaponry doesn't bare a few stamps Made in the USA.

There is a huge pitcher of media propaganda Kool-Aid that paints China as an adversary.

During the Cold War it was Russia.  A few years ago it was North Korea and Iran.  Same playbook.

As I mentioned before, the US creates adversaries in order to justify proliferation of its military strength.  😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfD

I disagree with you. China is a enemy of the U.S. and its government opposes free thought and free will. 

When reading, I rarely skim anything. 

I separate U.S. foreign policy from another nation's military, social and technological intent. 

Your line about the U.S. creating adversaries is straight from Socialist and Commie news newspapers that were sold on the streets of Greenwich Village in the 1970's. You are not breaking new ground here. 

I'm on the side of Humanity and Freedom. 

32 minutes ago, Stefan said:

@ProfD

I disagree with you. China is a enemy of the U.S. and its government opposes free thought and free will. 

I separate U.S. foreign policy from another nation's military, social and technological intent. 

I'm on the side of Humanity and Freedom. 

It is up to the people of China to overthrow their government if it is oppressive.  Hard to keep a handle on 1 billion people if they decide to rise up, 

Just like Russia, there is reason why the people of China have nor rebelled against their leadership.  It doesn't have anything to do with losing their lives.

But, if China is such an enemy of the United States, please explain why they're allowed to be our primary source of labor. 😎

@ProfD

I already said that if a ruler or a dictator has the military or police on their side, overthrowing them without outside help is nearly impossible. Paramount leader Xi Jinping  has steadily increased his control over the country's Communist Party since he ascended to power in 2012. 

The people of China cannot possibly rid themselves of him. Not without a slaughter. 

They fear being killed by the police and the military. They are afraid of being sentenced to prison camps. They also worry what may happen to their families. It does not matter how many people in China may not like their government. Getting a billion people to collectively riot, storm government buildings, shut down government offices and try to outwit the police and military is a friggin' pipe dream. 

You may have an errant viewpoint of how globalism works. The people of China are not a U.S. workforce. Those who may work for American-connected companies are used to increase the wealth and technology of the Chinese nation. China demands all foreign companies that operate in the country to give up their tech. Did you know this?

The U.S. does not order companies to do business with China. They do this on their own. However, U.S. Customs, the Commerce Dept., the International Trade Commission and a bevy of other agencies are always examining trade with China. But you can find this out by doing your own search on Google. The bottom line is these companies choose to do business with China. 

U.S.-connected companies do make money. But most believe it is not a fair exchange. China builds an advantage in its laws, rules and contracts.

Chinese rules require foreign companies who want to do business in certain sectors-- such as energy, telecommunications and automaking -- to form joint ventures with local partners, which often results in the transfer of technology to the Chinese companies. And there is no way around this. 

Why do companies do this? It's not the companies. It's the CEO, CFO, COO - the folks with the highest corporate positions and usually those who own stock - who do this. They make millions as China gobbles up the tech. Which eventually degrades U.S. tech superiority. But this is part of Globalism.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

The people of China cannot possibly rid themselves of him. Not without a slaughter. 

You may have an errant viewpoint of how globalism works. The people of China are not a U.S. workforce. 

Why do companies do this? It's not the companies. It's the CEO, CFO, COO - the folks with the highest corporate positions and usually those who own stock - who do this. They make millions as China gobbles up the tech. Which eventually degrades U.S. tech superiority. But this is part of Globalism.

@Stefan, I don't believe the people of China want to rid themselves of President Xi Jinping.  They may not agree with all of his decisions but overall, they're  comfortable living under his leadership.

US companies use a significant amount of Chinese labor to make products.  It is the primary reason Americans have a harder time finding a blue collar jobs.

Again, China is not the Boogeyman they want us to believe through propaganda.  There's plenty shades of gray when it comes to geopolitics.  It is a Chess game.

Please lose the condescension in responding to my posts.  It's fine that you may not agree with my opinion or position on a subject. But, the purpose of a discussion is to exchange information, knowledge, ideas, opinions and jokes too. 😎

@ProfD

You rarely do any research. Which is why I tend to question when you make sweeping statements. Such as: "US companies use a significant amount of Chinese labor to make products.  It is the primary reason Americans have a harder time finding a blue collar jobs."

How would you know? Do you have any stats to back that up? Did you check in with the U.S. Labor Dept. or the U.S. Commerce Dept.? Now, if you did, then provide a link. 

What you are ticked off at is that I used calm reasoning to make my points. I also posted links. Few do that in these discussion forums. But some make silly statements such as Pioneer1's claim that the balloon actually belonged to the U.S. because it was operating through the Chinese to spy on its own citizens. Fanciful theory. I think he was trying more to be funny than real. 

The people I worked with were always covering international trade. And I provided information which most would call evidence. You just reject it. I'm a Democrat. And I would consider myself to be on the Left. But I'll be damned if I am going to root for a foreign country that has proven hostile to many Asian nations and continues to threaten Taiwan. 

I am not condescending. I write with authority with the surety of my words. I did not generalize, I was specific. There are plenty of economic resources out there. You can avail yourself of them.  And I said this before. 

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

@ProfD

You rarely do any research.

What you are ticked off at is that I used calm reasoning to make my points.

I'm a Democrat. And I would consider myself to be on the Left. But I'll be damned if I am going to root for a foreign country that has proven hostile to many Asian nations and continues to threaten Taiwan. 

I am not condescending. I write with authority with the surety of my words.

Here we go...

First, I don't have to prove anything to anybody.  I say what I say and I type what I write.

I'm free to write my opinions based on my guaranteed qualifications and knowledge. 

Secondly, there's nothing on this discussion board that could tick me off.  I'm also more laid-back than a dead fly in real life too until... 😉

But, I have noticed the emotion that comes through in your writing.🤣

Fee free to continue attacking, challenging and being dismissive of others.  

Rest assured that I'll continue calling balls and strikes i.e. writing in the same style and energy that brought me here.  Nothing will change in that regard.😎

Stefan

What you are ticked off at is that I used calm reasoning to make my points. I also posted links. Few do that in these discussion forums. But some make silly statements such as Pioneer1's claim that the balloon actually belonged to the U.S. because it was operating through the Chinese to spy on its own citizens. Fanciful theory. I think he was trying more to be funny than real. 

No.
I proposed it as a serious possibility for us to consider.

But seeing as how you don't believe in conspiracies, I can understand how you couldn't possibly wrap your head around the idea that our own government could or would do that to it's citizens.

ProfD

I'm also more laid-back than a dead fly in real life too until... 

Lol....until WHAT?????

I don't believe conspiracy theories because many are just plain stupid or implausible. 

The spy balloon was Chinese. The country admitted it, but lied and said it was a weather balloon.

If the U.S. wants to monitor its citizens, then U.S. intelligence agencies would not use a spy balloon when there is so much intrusive surveillance software. Why use a balloon when satellites are available?

Before I set out to write anything, I make sure my facts are correct. I don't make chit up or author wild and unsubstantiated statements.

Stefan

I don't believe conspiracy theories because many are just plain stupid or implausible. 

Have you considered that sometimes things don't make sense TO YOU or may SEEM implausible...simply because you don't have all of the facts or factors of a particular incident to come to the proper conclusion?

The spy balloon was Chinese. The country admitted it, but lied and said it was a weather balloon.

1. Why would a nation that is truly an enemy or adversary to the U.S. "admit" to anything they did that was subversive in nature?

2. You have yet to realize that China essentially WORKS FOR the United States.
You really DO believe they are an adversary or possibly an "enemy" nation when this is obviously not the case.

If the U.S. wants to monitor its citizens, then U.S. intelligence agencies would not use a spy balloon when there is so much intrusive surveillance software. Why use a balloon when satellites are available?

This statement shows you your naivety.

It's against most laws for the U.S. government to spy on it's own citizens.  So if someone in the government (not the ENTIRE government but a malicious few INSIDE of it) wanted to do surveillance on the population they would have to literally go OUTSIDE of the law to do so.
Working through another nation to do it is just one of many tactics.

Before I set out to write anything, I make sure my facts are correct. I don't make chit up or author wild and unsubstantiated statements.

Well first of all, that's a redundant statement.
If they are facts...they WILL be correct.

The question is:  Do you know ALL or even MOST of the actual FACTS of a particular incident?
Or do you simply go by what is reported in the mainstream media and accept that as gospel truth?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 4:43 AM, Stefan said:

Interesting. 

They lied and said it was a weather balloon!?

Then, I believe that they knew our government would have realized this eventually, therefore, this 'weather balloon' seems to me to be a very aggressive move. But why?

On 2/12/2023 at 11:53 PM, Stefan said:

@Pioneer1

China does not work for the United States. I have no idea why you make so many really stupid statements. 

I said IF the United States wanted to spy on its citizens. Reading is fundamental. 

"If"???

So, should I take that statement to mean you DON'T believe the U.S. is spying on it's own citizens??????

On 2/25/2023 at 10:56 PM, Chevdove said:

Interesting. 

They lied and said it was a weather balloon!?

Then, I believe that they knew our government would have realized this eventually, therefore, this 'weather balloon' seems to me to be a very aggressive move. But why?

Oh Wow! This newsbreak may have answered some aspects of my question!

U.S. building up military presence in western Pacific

I'm beginning to believe that nearly every human conflict on a global scale is already organized and planned.

Individuals may fight and kill eachother, but these nations are already controlled and the agendas are well laid out.  
IF any conflict breaks out, it was probably well planned and orchestrated between all nations involved and even the damage and casualty count has been planned and agreed upon.