Do statistical assessments to the NYPD matter?

A simple question , you can relate it to any law enforcement agency.

I only repeat what law enforcement agencies need is someone to say they are needed while also corrupt. The problem with law enforcement agencies is too many wish to make them out to be honor guards or mythical comraderies when they are simply havens for mostly bullies or reared wrong or financially proud in the worst sense people who serve a necessary function when they are not killing, maiming, spitting, clubbing, violating, cheating, stealing.. or all the other many crimes or illegalities or negatives they are free from being penalized from including not incarcerating or giving testimony to other law enforcers when they act illegally or criminally which is called aiding or abetting, 

if you want to access the 590 page assement fo the nypd in 2020 from the ccrb then use the following link?

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2240&type=status

• Like 1

Police officers are supposed to serve and protect citizens.  At some point, they became militarized and turned into an overseer.

Neither statistical assessments nor rules mean much when it comes to police officers holding themselves accountable for mistreating Black and Brown people especially here in America.😎

• Like 1

@ProfD

I dont know if you know this already but there are are several court cases which have determined that judicially and in their social capacity the police are not hired to serve and protect the people, as the people are still technically and officially slaves and enemies of the state, the police  are not here to protect or serve the people for any reason, at any TIME, under any conditions, and they are by law ordered to place their safety first and foremost above all else.

This is why they are called heroes for doing what usually amounts to nothing much, and why they are always free of charges for any non public made aware beatings and murders they commit.

It is this information I have shared here which is the underlying principle never spoken aloud that Defund The Police is based upon. However. As useless as they are, people are weak, dumb, and scared of doing what is required; to protect themselves, secure their home, make their community safe, and defend their family.

Everyone basically has an entitlement mindset, and a child's level of emotions, which causes them to think that their safety, and security, is someone else job.

Politicians. Of-course. Are solely responsible for this social condition being possible. But those people who accepted their lies are equally responsible for becoming weak and insecure and in their present condition of being needy and dependent upon the system for anything other than a paycheck for their work.

Load your guns.

Target practice.

Swing your sword.

Shoot your arrows.

Mix your chemicals.

Be as physically capable as you can.

Stand your ground.

Use what you have, and even in the absence of anything such as police or security. 1 by 1, any who threaten, endanger, or oppose you, will become insect food, plant food, and then dust.

This. I can guarantee. Is what will secure your home and make your community safe. Eventually the 1 by 1's run out. Especially when everyone is doing it.

• Like 1

@ProfD

The beginning of your prose relates to what I feel are law enforcements biggest problem, people referring to them in terms of supposed things or suggesting they were once better. That is the problem with law enforcement, that prose is a lie. 

History has value when you look at any organization for one key point, history will show an organizations truth, and the history of the NYPD isn't what you state. 

The NYPD wasn't started to serve or protect citizens. the NYPD was started because Boss Tweed wanted the irish vote and he knew the best way to get any communities vote is to give them industry. 

He started the NYPD grabbing irish people you will call thugs or criminals off the street and gave them a badge, it is that simple. 

So when you say at some point they became militarized, if by they you mean the NYPD , you are wrong. the NYPD were always militarized. The irish community in NYC was terrorized by the NYPD first and foremost cause the irish thugs now had a badge and the mayors protections. 

But the mayor, tweed, created the nypd , do you comprehend. 

Your words suggest the NYPD for example, should be protecting or serving, wasn't an overseer in the past. that is not true. 

The NYPD was started to make a powerful growing voting block in an ever growing city that can be used by potential or current officials to gain or maintain power. 

The NYPD is a legalized gang, who profit off of many things.

The NYPD also serve a necessary function for a city of individuals who don't have strong communal affiliations in an extremely multiracial city, by instilling fear in the populace, the very condensed populace not to break the law. 

The NYPD is needed, but like all other law enforcement agencies, at their core they have nothing to do with the common good. They are agencies for government profit/government control whose members achieve various levels of illegal or criminal wealth.

• Like 1

@richardmurray, I was referring to law enforcement and police officers in general. 

I know the history of the NYPD and how it was created. 

Maybe you would have preferred that I start a separate broad-based thread and kept this one specific to the NYPD.

The end result is still the same...the Blue brotherhood as a militarized, criminal gang is not localized to NY.  They are everywhere.😎

• Like 1

@ProfD 

the question is,  were law enforcement organizations in majority, in general , started to protect and serve citizens? The answer is no in my view.

I can't speak for every single law enforcement agency. But, the LAPD, the chicago police department, the texas rangers, the canadian mounties, the us marshalls, all were started by government officials looking to gain votes, manipulate populaces and gave the ones they chose an avenue to profit from various illegal or criminals activities safe from accusal or prosecution based on their badge.  

If Law enforcement agencies were born militarized or criminal and live militarized or criminal then what is the real problem when they act criminal? The real problem isn't them. We all know they are criminal. The problem is those who are not law enforcers, suggesting/wanting/desiring law enforcers not to be criminal or illegal actors. 

How many black people say one of the following:

• Most cops are good
  • It is only a few bad cops
  • My relative is a cop and isn't bad
  • law enforcement is tough, people don't comprehend the life
  • People need to learn how to interact to cops
  • The training of cops is the problem
  • cops should protect of help the people

Those phrases and similar phrases to them are the problem. Said phrases are the problem. If non law enforcers just accept the true nature of law enforcement in the usa, then it isn't news anymore. They shot some one in the back? yeah ok. They chocked someone till they couldn't breath? yeah ok. The clans of the deceased take the government to court and the government pay out. No marches needed. No big news. A dirty organization acted dirty. ok. The need for people, especially black people who are not law enforcers to speak of law enforcements and needing to be something they are not, i argue is the problem. 

• Like 1

richard murray

Law enforcement is just that LAW enforcement.

These are people who are authorized and equipped to enforce the rules, laws, and policies set forth by high powers both inside and outside of the government.

Some of the policies and rules we know about....others we don't.

If we really want to change the practices of law enforcement then we need to do 2 things:

1. Make OUR OWN laws

2. Enforcement OURSELVES with our own specially trained enforcers.

Until we stop relying on White folks to do everything for us including make the policies and govern us....and take the initiative to feed, clothe, and govern ourselves....the problem will continue.

The next best thing is to join the existing law enforcement agencies and try to rise as high as we can through the ranks so that we'll have some sort of power and influence over their behavior and policies.

ProfD

The masses have been anesthetized and neutered by that social conditioning. 

Not to mention all of this fake ass "weed" they've been flooding society with.

Both legal and illegal....over half of the Black population is smoking this shit.
Most of the young people are.
And they're addicted to it now.

You can't even have a conversation with some of them.
They don't care about mass incarceration, racism, police brutality, or anything else.
The entire subject will revolve around getting high and the best weed to buy from the best spots.

@Pioneer1

If we really want to change the practices of law enforcement then we need to do 2 things:

1. Make OUR OWN laws

2. Enforcement OURSELVES with our own specially trained enforcers.

I have a question, for clarity. Are you saying the Black American community in the USA needs to 1) make our own laws 2) enforce said laws ourselves? 

If the answer to the prior question is no, then please clarify where or the location.

If the answer to the prior question is yes. I ask cause isn't that a very challenging goal? The USA has many non Black people. nothing is impossible but your goal is quite the challenge , i must admit. It would had been better if more black people adopted the exoduster movement in the past for your stated goal.

The next best thing is to join the existing law enforcement agencies and try to rise as high as we can through the ranks so that we'll have some sort of power and influence over their behavior and policies.

What you state Pioneer has been the strategy by the majority of black leaders since frederick douglass in the usa. In the end, I argue what you call the next best thing has been and is the primary thing for black people in the usa, rightly or wrongly. 

richardmurray

I have a question, for clarity. Are you saying the Black American community in the USA needs to 1) make our own laws 2) enforce said laws ourselves? 

Emphatically YES to both questions!

If the answer to the prior question is yes. I ask cause isn't that a very challenging goal? 

Very.
But not impossible.
The biggest challenge is MENTAL....having the DESIRE to actually take the responsibility to do it for ourselves.
Too many of our people would rather let White folks handle those type of responsibilities while we spend time bullshitting and having a "good time".

The USA has many non Black people. nothing is impossible but your goal is quite the challenge , i must admit. It would had been better if more black people adopted the exoduster movement in the past for your stated goal.

That wouldn't be very feasible for two reasons:

1. It wouldn't' be wise to give up the land and status we DO have in the United States to go somewhere and start from scrach with basically nothing.

2. Go where?
Most of the land outside of the United States is occupied.  Claimed already.  
Go somewhere and likely you're just going to be a second class citizen in another nation. And unlike here....they'll have NO PROBLEM letting you know you're second teir.

What you state Pioneer has been the strategy by the majority of black leaders since frederick douglass in the usa. In the end, I argue what you call the next best thing has been and is the primary thing for black people in the usa, rightly or wrongly. 

True.
But who's fault is that?
The Black leaders did their job by TELLING the people what to do....do the people DO it?
Do they even TRY it?

The Black leaders say infiltrate and integrate the power structure of the U.S. to make things better for our people.
But the masses don't even TRY to do this.  I mean, some do...most don't.
That's why it hasn't worked.

If the masses had actually FOLLOWED the advice and instructions of the leaders instead of just listening to them and them leaving the meeting only to go to Popeye's chicken and the liquor store forgetting 90% of what was said at the rally....we'd be in a much better off position.

The brother went to a Black Power meeting where a Black leader spent 2 hours lecturing on the importance of Black unity and love of self and the community......only to go to Popeye's chicken after the meeting and end up shooting another Black man at the drive-thru because he looked at his woman.
This ain't the fault of the Black leader....it's THAT fool's fault for not taking the message he was given to heart.
There's only so much you can do with a jacked up brain.

@Pioneer1 the exoduster movement was in the usa. I didn't mean to suggest leaving the usa. Even though I have publicly stated I support garveyism. 

You said you wanted black people to make and enforce our own laws. the exoduster movement was a set of black people who chose to move into the western states circa war between the states to make black towns where black people ruled in the usa. But Frederick Douglass/ Black Churches, Black elected officials in places like south carolina all opposed the exoduster movement for various reasons. So it didn't get the kind of traction it needed. But it wasn't black laziness or wanting white patronage, it was black leaders, undoubted black leaders, in a key moment that opposed the exoduster movement. 

I oppose your view, I think most black people have followed the black leaders. Frederick douglass wanted integration, black people integrated. the churches wanted non violence, black people are mostly non violent. Don't tell me black people don't have the right to not have murderers when the white community in the usa has never stopped murdering since they came to these shores. The problem is, integration doesn't lead to the changes people think,. In human history this is fact. Black people in south africa/irish in england/ koreans in japan , oppressed people never change the systems of their oppressors being in them. If you know of a historic example do tell. Non violence and following the law isn't going to protect you from being murdered or killed. But in defense, look at the quantity of black people fiscally wealthy , happy in the USA. I say that the majority of black leaders guidance in the past in the usa has bore fruit. Again, was it whites that told douglass to oppose exodusters or immigrating movements out of the usa to various locals? it wasn't.  Was it whites who told W.E.B. Dubois to testify against garvey? Was it whites who told black soldiers in world war I or II to make extra efforts in the usa, as if they needed to prove something in the usa? Black leaders made their choices and black people followed. I don't blame the black populous for being led not as good as it could had been. And even the individual mantra which many black leaders place on the community has one great flaw. tens of millions of people do not share one mind and if each is an individual then a leader is a fool to think they can profess individualism and bootstraps to all the flock but then demand they all think like the leader. The leader is fooling themselves if they think that. 

The Exoduster movement was a great idea.  But, it was poorly planned and loosely organized, met huge resistance and still required white benefactors and cooperation. 

Conceptually, moving to the free state of Kansas was great until AfroAmericans realized they were not getting the best farmland nor significant opportunities for economic progress and sustainability. 

A solid movement requires multiple levels of advanced planning and logistical support.  But, like a religion, a movement has to start with shared beliefs and goals under leadership. 

The Civil Rights movement was in direct response to the oppressive laws and mistreatment of AfroAmericans.  Still, there were opposing views within the AfroAmerican community in terms of dealing with it. 

As it relates to the debate of violence versus non-violence. 

AfroAmericans have never been properly organized and equipped to go to war against white folks.  Period.

AfroAmerican leaders understood the resulting bloodbath would have left the AfroAmerican population decimated.  The net gain would have been minus-zero.

The remaining AfroAmericans would been relegated to reservations similar to Native Americans. 

Non-violent resistance saved millions of AfroAmerican lives that would have been slaughtered.

The compromise  AfroAmericans settled on is being stuck in a holding pattern of benign neglect within the system of racism white supremacy.

Surely, there are AfroAmericans who thrive financially but they are still prisoners within the system. Get too far out line and the walls will appear.😎

but @ProfD oscar micheaux gained a relative fortune that allowed him to make his movies based on exodusting. you say it was poorly planned and looslely organized, I rather say it was unsupported by most black leaders of the day. That is my point. Black leaders have guided the black community to the current situation. A situation not of black power but black membership in a multiracial power usa where all peoples, including whites,  are learning in a rough way how to live among each other peacefully or prosperously through an individual mantra.