Whites ONLY

Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott has declared all diversity efforts illegal, claiming they proactively encourage discrimination. 

Abbott's office has notified state agencies that the use of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in hiring is illegal, according to a memo obtained by ABC News.

Hey, this is just a bad as Florida. 

Texas outlaws Diversity efforts

These prejudiced Governors of Texas and Florida respectively are directly attacking Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). 

Interestingly, these governors are not being challenged by their colleagues and constituents within their home state. 

I'm sure there are minorities working at the local and state level who are either affected by and/or have benefitted from these initiatives. 

Yet, with every news story clearly showing how these governors are determined to roll America back 100 years, there is no massive protest state-wide or nationally. 

I wonder why....

Please don't tell me it's because citizens are afraid they will be injured or killed. 🤣

Otherwise, silence is either acceptance or complicity or both.😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

These prejudiced Governors of Texas and Florida respectively are directly attacking Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). 

Interestingly, these governors are not being challenged by their colleagues and constituents within their home state. 

I'm sure there are minorities working at the local and state level who are either affected by and/or have benefitted from these initiatives. 

Yet, with every news story clearly showing how these governors are determined to roll America back 100 years, there is no massive protest state-wide or nationally. 

I wonder why....

Please don't tell me it's because citizens are afraid they will be injured or killed. 🤣

Otherwise, silence is either acceptance or complicity or both.😎

We as black people along with white supporters are caught up in symbolism or merely reacting to the most blatant racism like the killing of Tyre Nichols.

By symbolism I mean protests over Confederate monuments or outrage over microaggressions like something said or posted on social media. We are focused on the 1619 Project and related controversies.

Then there are the police killings whether it's George Floyd and Breonna Taylor or now Tyre Nichols. Of course we should be outraged and demanding justice 

We have to think and act more broadly than symbolic jestures or reacting to blatant racism. We must challenge public policies or the lack thereof. It is important to confront powerful corporations too. These political and economic institutions are what systemic racism is all about. They should be the targets of street protests, boycotts, civil disobedience, negative publicity, and lobbying by blacks and white supporters. 

So we SHOULD expect to see massive protests with HUNDREDS of thousands of Black folks in both Austin and Tallahassee demanding the resignation of both of these racist governors.

Right?

That's what would happen if AfroAmericans collectively had GOOD SENSE.

Unfortunately most Black folks in both of those states don't give a damn about the academic curriculum or anything else involved in politics and racial issues.
Most of them are so busy wrapped up in their own personal drama that they are as far removed from this issue as any White person and could care less about it.

Infact, unfortunately a larger percentage are only concerned with getting high and having a good time....until.

It's simply OVER for a lot of our people.
Those of us who are righteous and intelligent....those of our people who can be saved....must SEPARATE ourselves and form our own communities and let whatever may...COME...to the masses.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So we SHOULD expect to see massive protests with HUNDREDS of thousands of Black folks in both Austin and Tallahassee demanding the resignation of both of these racist governors.

Right?

That's what would happen if AfroAmericans collectively had GOOD SENSE.

Unfortunately most Black folks in both of those states don't give a damn about the academic curriculum or anything else involved in politics and racial issues.
Most of them are so busy wrapped up in their own personal drama that they are as far removed from this issue as any White person and could care less about it.

Infact, unfortunately a larger percentage are only concerned with getting high and having a good time....until.

It's simply OVER for a lot of our people.
Those of us who are righteous and intelligent....those of our people who can be saved....must SEPARATE ourselves and form our own communities and let whatever may...COME...to the masses.

I don't think it's about resignations or the curriculum. Diversity Equity Inclusion efforts impact recruitment, funding, and contracting. These things have a concrete impact on us. Nobody gets fired up to do anything if there is no agitation. That depends on leadership. I fear that is what we lack in many black communities. 

• Thanks 1

@ProfD

In Florida and Texas, there is little pushback to what their respective governors are doing because the residents, teachers, state officials and politicians agree with it. 

Trying to use my rationale of why ordinary people with a working brain won't take on a dictator's police and military was silly. Much like your claim that China has been stealing high tech for hundreds of years. There was no high technology hundreds of years ago.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:14 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Kenneth

Is it that we have NO leaders in the AfroAmerican community....or is it that the WRONG people are leading?

I think it's both. In some places there is little or no activism and elected officials are not responsive to the masses. In some cases you have activism but no real mass organizing. Meanwhile elected officials are making an effort but they fail short for various reasons.

I would say my local community fits into the former scenario. The next largest city in my native state with a much larger black population fits into the latter.

• Thanks 1

Democrats in Texas fought against Governor Greg Abbott's restrictions against voting and lost. They even left the state to avoid arrest. They staged a walkout, voiced their outrage and encouraged the writing of protest letters. 

To no avail. 

What the hell do you expect Black elected legislators from other states to do? If a law is passed in Texas and this is appealed to a higher court, then we have to wait on a decision from that higher court.

Black activists, church officials and lawyers in other states will have little affect except to bring attention to an issue. But you can do that yourself by highlighting the issue online as I did. 

Too many Black people care more about celebrities, music and fashion than the overall state of Blacks in the U.S. 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:44 PM, Stefan said:

Democrats in Texas fought against Governor Greg Abbott's restrictions against voting and lost. They even left the state to avoid arrest. They staged a walkout, voiced their outrage and encouraged the writing of protest letters. 

To no avail. 

What the hell do you expect Black elected legislators from other states to do? If a law is passed in Texas and this is appealed to a higher court, then we have to wait on a decision from that higher court.

Black activists, church officials and lawyers in other states will have little affect except to bring attention to an issue. But you can do that yourself by highlighting the issue online as I did. 

Too many Black people care more about celebrities, music and fashion than the overall state of Blacks in the U.S. 

You make a good point about the kinds of things some black people care about. I have wondered why black people don't launch a mass movement to fight against racism and economic exploitation. Then I thought about the ways in which black people and society are different from the 1960s. It's more difficult to get large numbers of blacks together to fight for concrete change

Some black people benefit more from the status quo today than even the most well off blacks in previous generations. Lastly, black people are more separated by class and neighborhood than ever. So it's easy to understand how and why reactionary extremists like Abbott in Texas and De Santis in Florida are not effectively challenged.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think all of this "protesting" has played out.

Protest for what?
What the hell is it supposed to accomplish?

Protesting is meaningless especially when it's predictable. They know the playbook. Just wait it out. 

But, If protest was focused i.e. stop spending money with certain establishments that would get attention and inspire dialog and change real quick.

Capitalism doesn't like to lose. 😎

What you're talking about is boycotting....which does work in many cases.
And even that doesn't work like it used to because White folks really don't need our money like that.
Some of the small businesses might, but the major corporations could care less about Negroes keeping their little money in their pocket.
Hell, the White folks in charge PRINT all the money they want out of thin air.....you ain't hurting them.

I'm talking about this so-called protesting where people are just getting in the streets by the thousands making a lot of noise acting crazy and twerking until the police roll out and break it up.

Call themselves trying to bring "attention" to police brutality....as if it NEEDS attention.

Everybody knows these racist cops are killing unarmed Black folks. 
So who's "attention" are they trying to get?
Who's living under a rock and doesn't know what's going on at this point?

The real question is what they going to DO about it....besides wearing out their damn shoes marching up and down busy streets and pissing off the traffic while chanting slogans?

A lot of people MIGHT be on your side if you didn't block off the damn streets and intersections yelling and carrying on....as if acting crazy as hell is supposed to stop these demonic bastids from killing Black folks.

They don't give a damn about folks "protesting".
What's that supposed to do????
Obviously protesting ISN'T working because the killing is continuing.
Which is why White folks keep encouraging it and lately they've even been PARTICIPATING in it in mass numbers......because it DOESN'T work.
Hell, most of these protests and marches have more White folks up in there grinning than anyone else..lol.

Just like so many people were encouraging Colin Kapernick and other football players to take a knee in protest.
Because they knew it WOULDN'T work or stop the police killings.
Just a silly ass statement and waste of time....and they knew it.

We'll know when something DOES work......
Because most White folks won't participate in it, fund it, or give it any publicity.
They'll hope it goes away and if it doesn't....they'll try to make it illegal or try to stop it by other methods.
Now you know you're on to something....lol

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What you're talking about is boycotting....which does work in many cases.

I'm talking about this so-called protesting where people are just getting in the streets by the thousands making a lot of noise acting crazy and twerking until the police roll out and break it up.

The real question is what they going to DO about it....besides wearing out their damn shoes marching up and down busy streets and pissing off the traffic while chanting slogans?

They don't give a damn about folks "protesting".

Just like so many people were encouraging Colin Kapernick and other football players to take a knee in protest.

True.

Protest/boycott works when there are 1) demands and 2) actions. 

The NFL IS 70% AfroAmerican. If those dudes had refused to play another game....that would have made a huge difference because white men would have lost a lot of money.

Bro, you not just gonna casually type our folks out in these streetz protesting, er,  twerking and wearing out shoes for no good gotd8mn reason. 🤣😎 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

The NFL IS 70% AfroAmerican. If those dudes had refused to play another game....that would have made a huge difference because white men would have lost a lot of money.

Exactly.

If the players REFUSED TO PLAY....that would have been effective!
That would have not only grabbed their attention but would have brought much of this nation to it's knees from all of the money so many people were making from NFL games from the owners down to the tail-gaters!

But see.....
Somebody.....some White boy from the Marines...got to Colin's ear and TOLD HIM that he should "take a knee" in protest because somehow that would be better....and he listened.
And his methods have proven to be absolutely ineffective and useless.

image.png.9bd383361ed7fa1e2a3d482946dbf64a.png

image.png.ee922ef7c30959b48e7ed98748e34116.png

The murder of George Floyd led the NFL to acknowledge Colin's protest with these slogans and a $100 million dollar pledge to fight racism and police brutality.

For his protest effort, Colin has been blackballed from the NFL for the past 7 years and counting. 😎

And did the brutality and killing stop?
So what good was all of his sacrifice and financial loss?

Like Neely Fuller Jr. said, a lot of our people are GOOD for doing what DOESN'T work.

Find the very methods that DO NOT work at all...and double down on them!

Sometimes I wonder if some of these niggas were put on the planet simply to do the most ass backwards and ineffective things to demonstrate to the WORLD what doesn't work.
Serve as an example of what NOT to do.
How NOT to end up.

Don't smoke crack or you'll end up like this:

Don't run around getting girls pregnant and abandoning the children or your community will end up like this:

This is how your community will look if you let the women head the family instead of the men:

Just exist as a great example to show the rest of humanity what NOT to do.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

And did the brutality and killing stop?
So what good was all of his sacrifice and financial loss?

Nope. Police still beating up and killing folks. 

Colin made enough money while he was in the NFL to live a very comfortable life away from playing the game. 😎

Back then, a lot of people.....a couple on this site I remember....disagreed with me when I criticized Kapernick's methods.
I said that they would be useless and a complete waste of time and effort.

Even the fact that you want to "take a knee" during the national anthem was suspect to me.
Take a knee?
BOW???????

That's showing even MORE honor and respect for the flag than standing!

Hell, you're better off just walking off of the damn field or turning your back to it.....not taking a knee.

Then I found out that the concept actually came from some White dude who used to be in the Marines who had a small meeting with him and asked him to do that instead of something else he was doing in protest that I forgot.  But he pretty much got gaffled up and tricked by some White boy and the other Black folks dropping to their knees following in behind Colin got duped as well.

Time out for negroes constantly doing meaningless shit that don't work.

Symbolism and empty rhetoric.

We know what works.
And it's not bowing and kneeling and marching.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Time out for negroes constantly doing meaningless shit that don't work.

Symbolism and empty rhetoric.

We know what works.
And it's not bowing and kneeling and marching.

Non-violent resistance is how AfroAmericans have been programmed to deal with injustice and file grievance when it comes to the system of racism.😎