Law School Renamed after Atty. Ben Crump

St. Thomas University has renamed its law school after Attorney Ben Crump:

https://www.diverseeducation.com/demographics/african-american/article/15306595/st-thomas-university-law-school-named-benjamin-l-crump-college-of-law

Ben Crump is the 1st practicing AfroAmerican lawyer to have a school named after him. 

There is only one other U.S. law school bearing the name of an AfroAmerican. That was the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ProfD said:

St. Thomas University has renamed its law school after Attorney Ben Crump:

https://www.diverseeducation.com/demographics/african-american/article/15306595/st-thomas-university-law-school-named-benjamin-l-crump-college-of-law

Ben Crump is the 1st practicing AfroAmerican lawyer to have a school named after him. 

There is only one other U.S. law school bearing the name of an AfroAmerican. That was the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.😎

Well, I don't think he's the most eloquent speaker in the world....but I have to admit the brother is sharp and right there when trouble breaks out.

I know a lot of Black leaders do NOT like him and call him "mush mouth", an ambulance chaser, a poverty pimp, etc....

But I tell them, if YOU don't like the way Ben Crump is handling these cases of law enforcement abuse and police brutality....then YOU become a lawyer and go out there and show us how it's done instead of sitting back heckling the brother.

I think a lot of the dislike of Ben Crump is personal.
He's not a very eloquent speaker and not the best looking brother in the world, so they're more focused on the package than the content.

The brother is a freedom fighter and I'm proud of him.

I personally think there should have been SEVERAL law schools named after the late great Johnny Cochran  (Rest in power)

image.png.67ee73c7cf2247813daebfed61e88a96.png

But that doesn't take away from the great work that our brother Ben Crump is doing right now.

Not to mention, Ben Crump has probably made more Black families MILLIONAIRES while at the same time fighting for justice than a lot of other Black leaders have done in recent history.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, I don't think he's the most eloquent speaker in world... call him "mush mouth"....

The brother is a freedom fighter and I'm proud of him.

For me, as a natural born comedian, there's no shortage of comedic source material in the world. Instinctively,  I use it.🤣

So, I've clowned Ben Crump for sounding like he's got a wad of Hubba Bubba bubblegum in his mouth:

image.png.7cc70133109535f52c20a8e83c40c77a.png

However, there's no doubt that brotha Ben Crump is always on the case when it comes to getting families paid for their pain and suffering. I'm proud of him in that regard too.👏🏿

I still crack up laughing at some of Ben Crump's interviews. Especially when he emphasizes Don Lemon by name.🤣😎

• Haha 1

ProfD

When I first heard him talk and saw him, he reminded me of Bubba from Forest Gump....lol.

But I sometimes wonder if he takes his role as a Civil Rights attorney so seriously that he is starting to channel the essence of Martin Luther King and Malcolm.
Look at the way he dresses sometimes.......

image.png.df2e06398a4b82d25edb2baf89267ee5.png

Most people don't dress like that anymore.....with the hat and the ascot tucked up under his coat.
Straight up out of the 50s or 60s.

He's clearly trying to deliver an image of himself to the people.

• 4 months later...

Great to find news like this here. People like Attorney Ben Crump and his legal practice inspired me to study law. I also want to help people stand up for their rights and avoid injustice. Therefore, I even decided to prepare a dissertation on the constitutional rights of citizens. It must be said that studying the law is a pretty complicated matter. It's good that I came across a good site https://essays.edubirdie.com/law-dissertation-help that specializes in writing similar works. With its help, I can get quality research. Thanks to law dissertation help, I can present exciting results and conclusions that will be useful during legal practice. Maybe one day I'll be as successful as Ben Crump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LisaJohnson said:

It must be said that studying the law is a pretty complicated matter. It's good that I came across a good site that specializes in writing similar works. With its help, I can get quality research. Thanks to law dissertation help, I can present exciting results and conclusions that will be useful during legal practice. Maybe one day I'll be as successful as Ben Crump.

The books on this great site might aid in your research but laughing at the dialog on the forum might keep you from getting it done.🤣

Otherwise, I certainly wish you all the best with the research and completing your dissertation and becoming a more successful version of yourself. 😎

• Like 1

I walked past Crump during an event in Tulsa he is a snappy dresser, commensurate of a man of his wealth and prestige. @Pioneer1 that ain't no ascot, in is just a scarf.  His garb is on brand and contemporary 🙂

That's right @ProfD the books on the site should be a tremendous resource. Crump's book Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People discusses his high-profile cases.

Welcome to the forum's @LisaJohnson

9780062375094.jpg