Someone somewhere else asked?

now03.jpg

You ask is it a sin, and that is a false question. a sin is when something is false. If people are in a polygamous relationship then it isn't a sin. And I exclude religious queries as my reply only deals to the secular. The question is, is it a problem. And the answer to that isn't complicated. The key is freedom. Is this freely being done? Are three or more people engaging themselves absent coercion or trickery? if so then , no problem. It may not be a common act. but again, commonality or religious legitimacy aren't issues. 
https://blackplanet.com/post/433519?start=0

Time out:  Is Black Planet still functioning???????

Is Polygamy a sin?
Only if you're LYING about it.

Like I said in another thread, Negroes need to grow a pair of balls and stop waiting on White mommy or White daddy to give them permission to do what they have a NATURAL RIGHT to do anyway.

These folks don't give a damn about what's sinful.
They legalize gambling, drugs, prostitution, MMA fighting where people are bashing eachother's heads in....NOW all of sudden they're moral?
No.

The only reason Polygamy is illegal is because White men haven't figured out how to ensure that while THEY would be able to marry as many White, Black, and Brown women as they'd like...they don't want Black men to be able to do the same.
They know a lot of bruthas would be laying up with DOZENS of women and getting paid from a lot of them simply for sexual pleasure.
White men KNOW this....so they have to work on a few things before legalizing it.
Except in places with extremely low Black populations like Utah and Wyoming.

Most laws in this nation are designed with RACE or SEX in mind.
Either directly or indirectly....but it's there if you look at it deep enough.

Most laws on the books are designed to either oppress the AfroAmerican population or limit the amount of sex everybody except White men are having with eachother....or both.
That's the truth.

I don't think black folks have a monopoly on practicing and enjoying a polygamous life style. it just depends on the person, whether you are a jealous, possessive, insecure woman or a laid-back indifferent one who considers being taken care of financially  an acceptable trade-off for sharing  a husband.  To me, such arrangements would increase your chances of catching STDs that could lead to other female problems. Or would living in the house with another female be my idea of a tolerable set up.  Who wants another women violating your space or somebody else's brats annoying you.  👎🏽

Fortunately, not something I have to worry about.

Polygamous marriages doesn't increase your chances of contracting an STD any more than a monogamous one does.

If your partner is out there cheating and sleeping with multiple people.....it doesn't matter if they vow to be with you alone or you and another.
A cheater is a cheater and "titles" don't stop them.

• 4 weeks later...

Men usually gain pleasure and increased social status with polygamy.

Unlike women who often (undeservedly in my opinion) get a bad rep from having sex with multiple men, it's the exact OPPOSITE for men where we are seen as highly desirable and socially esteemed by openly having multiple women we are taking care of.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Men usually gain pleasure and increased social status with polygamy.

Only if he can take care of so many women, and only among women who don't believe in jealousy.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Unlike women who often (undeservedly in my opinion) get a bad rep from having sex with multiple men, it's the exact OPPOSITE for men where we are seen as highly desirable and socially esteemed by openly having multiple women we are taking care of

Men and women deserve a bad rep for having multiple sexual partners. It shows lack of sexual discipline. And having multiple partners doesn't mean they are cared for. 

20 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

Men and women deserve a bad rep for having multiple sexual partners. It shows lack of sexual discipline. And having multiple partners doesn't mean they are cared for. 

That's like saying a person shouldn't be rich because it shows a lack of financial discipline.....lol.

Would you tell a person who already has one house that they shouldn't buy another one or get into real estate.....because "one house is enough" and buying more than one shows lack of discipline?

How about ONE CHILD is enough and having more than one child shows a lack of discipline?

See where I'm going with this?
Who decides what is "enough" for the next person?

• Haha 1

@Pioneer1

😂Uh no. That's horrible examples. You need money to live as well as housing and having more than enough isn't too bad.

Having multiple partners is more like sharing a toothbrush, cleaning it, and then sharing with another. Who says you have too many people using the same toothbrush? Who decided how many is enough? 

Your toothbrush is obviously not as important as your body and seeing as you'd not share that with a bunch of people, I'd think you'd take extra care to do the same for your body?

Anyway, I don't believe people at their core are their sexual history, but I don't think it's a good look to sleep around. And the encouragement it gets is honestly awful with as many diseases are getting passed around. 

All human beings are different with different needs.
Our differences and needs need to be respected and protect AS LONG AS they aren't forced on others.

This way, everyone has the freedom to find out what works best for them.

One of the reasons the United States is so much more advanced than many other societies is because of the fact that we have no culture and few limits....so we can explore and experiment.  Many other societies are stuck in the same language, music, sexual traditions, foods, for hundreds of years....no progress.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

we have no culture and few limits..

We have a culture. It's just very diverse but it's true the limits in that culture aren't as extreme, plus the traditions are always new.

I don't take for granted the freedom we have to choose our own lifestyle. That's wonderful. But we also are free to think differently about each lifestyle, for better or worse. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Thanks 1

You're right......
Perhaps a better way of saying it is that instead of having A culture, we have MULITPLE cultures.

The U.S. has almost as many cultures as there are people.....lol....and I like it that way personally.

I used to say we needed to have a culture and tradition like some of the foreigners who I saw coming over here being so successful with their families and marriages in tact and making money with their work ethic; but then I changed my mind.  I reasoned that their culture and work ethic kept their nation POOR to the point they had to leave it....so obviously their culture is not the answer. 
Ours is.

• Like 1