Lets Get Ready to Rumble!

Travis Smiley needs to sit his dumb-ass down somewhere. He has to be the most fortunate black man I've ever seen. I mean, what is he bringing to the table except a kiss-ass attitude. I bet he pees sitting down. That nigga should be on the jacket cover of the Ojay's hit "Back Stabbers". I never liked him from the jump, with his fat puggy face ass. He just seemed (to me) like a brotha that's not to be trusted. And when he statred pecker pulling with those easy-credit-ripoff artist, I really was done with his ass. And now this!

Tavis Smiley and Al Sharpton enegage in a heated discussion about what was said after meeting with Barack Obama

http://bit.ly/al_tavis

This clash between 2 high-profile black men made for interesting listening. I think it resonates with a vibe that is going on all over the country as Blacks engage in debate, trying to come to terms with the idea that Obama is a president from black people, not a president for black people.

Cornel West recently spoke out on this subject, saying that Obama may not be obligated to have a black agenda but he did have an obligation to be concerned about the welfare of the poor and the unemployed, - most of whom are black.

Carey, the first thing you want to do I notice, is call someone a name. Tavis is far from being a dummy. With that said, I was sad these two men who both have something to bring to the table, had this "discussion" in public. They should have picked up the phone and had this conversation in PRIVATE. "WE" need to stop giving folks shyet to use against us.

Cornel West recently spoke out on this subject, saying that Obama may not be obligated to have a black agenda but he did have an obligation to be concerned about the welfare of the poor and the unemployed, - most of whom are black.

(Morally West is right. Legally and Constitutionally the President has no such obligation.

We live in a money system. The poor and unemployed have no money to give to our politicians--and to make it worse they don't vote or demonstrate or make calls or send letters or do anything else.

All you got is people like West, who probably only sees poor people as he speeds by them in his Mercedes, talking about what poor people want.

Why don't nobody ever go to poor people and ask them what they want?

Tavis is far from being a dummy.

(I'll admit he is not a dummy. He is a cynical, shallow talentless hack--a Black Larry King. His show is for white folks, not black (here it comes on at 12:30 am, so even THEY ain't watching him. I guess when PBS goes begging for money up on Capitol hill or other places, they can point to him as "Black" programming.

I would rather say it is OREO programming)

With that said, I was sad these two men who both have something to bring to the table, had this "discussion" in public. They should have picked up the phone and had this conversation in PRIVATE.

(Why? Basically they are both in Show Business. Both are pretending to be--I don't know really what they are pretending to be but it depends on them doing their shtick in public so they can score points.)

"WE" need to stop giving folks shyet to use against us.

(Ain't no WE and US. When Joe Stack flew that plane into that building in Austin Texas, an act which every black person I spoke to saw as confirmation of White Men as crazed homicidal time bombs waiting to go off, I didn't see none of them cringing.

I don't care what two Negroes I don't even know are doing on the other side of the country. That "WE" stuff is just som more group responsibility stuff left over from Slavery)

I listened to the audio link. More Negro cat fighting drama at its best. Not a big fan of either but I have to agree with Sharpton on this issue. I’m very disappointed with Tavis and his on going rabid anti-Obama rants. He is a closet Machiavellian favorite for the Limbaugh’s, Becks, the FOX Channel Pravda and the Tea Baggers. I have no idea what Tavis and his Negro apparatchiks expect from Obama. All of his programs for housing, employment and health care affect all Americans –which includes black people. I guess Tavis wants a special "black only" program drawn up by the president. First of all, every single legislation the president endorses includes black people. Secondly, as Sharpton quipped, it would be political suicide for Obama to attempt to implement a “black only” program when millions of non-black Americans have lost their jobs and are about to lose their homes because harsh financial times. Thirdly, what the vast majority of people do not understand is the presidents job centers around national security and any legislation or policy changes that involve funding has to approved by congress. DO YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND WITH THE CURRENT DEEP PARTISAN GRIDLOCK IN CONGRESS, THEY WOULD CAPITULATE TO “BLACK ONLY LEGISLATION”? Never mind your emotional gut feelings and passionate desires, do you realistically think that could or would happen?

Even Al Sharpton sees the foolishness of such a misguided hazard attempt. It would be the greatest and most appreciated gift Obama could serve to his political detractors and haters. I know Tavis is very passionate about his black agendas and concerns. And he should be commended for such. But he really needs to back down and shut the fuck up about a black only legislation fantasy. It is never going to happen –PERIOD! But do not misunderstand me. I’m for any legislation or polices that benefit black people. But to expect Obama to draw up a black only agenda has Tavis Smiley fantasies, is simply no going to happen. And contrary to what Smiley believes, the Republicans and rank and file white racists would be more "elated" with Obama attempting to introduce a black only agenda than he is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Renee Matthews-Jackson

Al Sharpton has schooled Tavis Smiley with hordes of truth. Tavis needs to stop, and listen so he can learn.

"I love you both, respectfully"Tavis says twice. But his behavior was not loving. The in-fighting (high-spirited debate)is senseless. We need to spend the same amount of time addressing the needs of the poor in this country. There is no more black and white. No Mas! Poverty is pale green. The pale stems from the absence of green-blood, the capitalistic life-line in black, brown, red, yellow, and white communities is mostly cut off. There is nothing left to flow.

Black Leaders should set a "Black Agenda" and present some demands to the present administration regarding dire needs in the African-American communities in this country. Our plight is greater because of institutionalized racism, and poverty combined.

The prison community would be an expedient place to begin. We truly do need an agenda.

Then, after Tavis and Rev. Al have sat down, and had a sincere face-to-face where Tavis apologizes for his ignorance. The two with other Black leaders can suggest, on a unified front, adherence to our most specific needs, Let us get on with the business of taking care of business, whatever that business might be..

• 3 weeks later...

The question is who sponsors Tavis and why!!!!!!!!Tavis is filled with hate and jealousy for our president. He is the tea party's version of Glen Beck. His facial expression shows all the inner hate and mental distortions of our leader going on within him when he talks about President Obama. He is a true house nigger who is poisonous to my people. He is very dumb not to look at the whole picture and see things in a sensible context. He is ignorant to reality and sees himself as some grand illusion that can direct the fate of America from his chair with that distastetful tongue which he refuses to keep in his mouth when he host. Tavis is not a leader of anyone. has he ever said anything that make people want to move foward. NO!!!!!

His agenda consist of only telling people to "hate" and deride the President. I MEAN, WHO IS HE TO DIRECT THE PRESIDENT FROM HIS LOWLY POSITION. TAVIS IS NOT A LEADER.

If you think he is, put him in the place of Obama in your imagination. Or betyer, still, let's all vote for him next year to run for PRESIDENT OF BLACK AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!