The One Group That is Seldom Mentioned in Colorism Debates. Warning: CONTROVERSIAL Subject.

I know that this is a divisive issue in the African-American  community and some might disagree with me.

This post addresses colorism mostly in the dating arena.

When the issue of colorism is addressed in dating, it usually centers around dark-skinned black men with light skinned black women.

It has never been a secret in the black community that many dark-skinned black men, especially when they obtain money and status, prefer lighter skinned women. This is certainly nothing new. It has been going on for many, many years or decades.   Celebrities of yesteryear such as Stepin Feichit and Nat King Cole to today's entertainers and athletes have had  fair skinned trophy wives. Even civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr. chose light skinned Coretta Scott to be his mate. This is because black men associate light skin with  with money and position, which are all symbolic representations of whiteness.  Whereas dark-skinned black women are associated with poverty and struggle.

This has always been something that has always frustrated darker black women ; particularly,  the ones that were looking to "level up" by seeking  higher status black men.  I remember back in the 80s seeing letters written to Essence and Ebony magazines complaining about the "redbones" of the day such as Vanessa L Williams, Jayne Kennedy, and Anna Marie Johnson of how they were preferred over darker women when it comes to men and roles. Today, there are You Tube anti colorist content creators such as Chrissie, Paris Milan, and I am Eloho who express the same sentiment with female celebrities such as Zendaya, Beyoncé, and Niki Minaj.

Of course, many unions between light skinned women and dark skinned men are not solely based on love. His reason for being with her is, in many cases, out of phenotypical fetishization for the reasons that I described in the previous paragraph.  Often, her reason for being with him is out of money and resources.

The one party that is never really discussed in colorism debates are light skinned black men.

I realize that we are all black whether we have light skinned, keen features, looser textured hair, or dark skin, Africoid features, and more tightly coiled hair.

That is not the issue, at least not yet. The more and more bi-racial people demand their independence from the black category to "Other," it could be in the future. But, I don't really see that happening soon because the One-Drop rule is so embedded in he mindset of both blacks and whites in America. But, it is white people who decide and  classify who you are since they have the power.

But, I digress.

I never hear MLS(multi racial light skinned) men  complain about their women being taken from them by darker skinned men like I hear with dark-skinned women over fair skin women being with their men.

From a ratio standpoint, dark skinned black men take light skinned women more so than vice versa because most black people are dark. Light skinned people are a minority in the community. Not very many interracial unions take place to produce mulattoes or blasians on a massive scale as most races prefer their own kind.

Not all light skinned people bi-racial, but many are.

Light skinned privilege applies mostly to women when it comes to dating, jobs, and roles in films , TV, and commercials.

I am not saying that MLS men are at the same disadvantage as dark-skinned black women, but they are not as privileged as MLS women either.  In the African-American community, light skinned black men are considered too soft for regular black women( since MLS men are frequently feminized by black culture), they are too black for  white women(because of the One-Drop rule), and their women constantly get selected from them.

Maybe, mixed/light skinned black men need to improve their masculinity and economic status by developing a blue chip mindset advocated by Red Pill content creator CoachGregAdams the same way darker skinned black women are subscribing femininity channels online and on You tube offered by people like Chrissie.

Men are primarily judged by their social and economic status.

Women are judged by their femininity and looks.

1 hour ago, anonymous50 said:

It's been that way for a very long time.

While beauty is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder, the reality is that social conditioning has done a number on many people; past, present and future.😎

Trust me, men are also judged by their looks to a certain extent.
Not as much as women, but still.

Especially girls and young women.....like teens and early 20s....tend to be very looks oriented.
 As they get older they realize a handsome face or curly hair don't pay the bills.....lol...so they look for a man who is more financially secure regardless of how he looks......UNLESS...he's too ugly.

Most women over 30 seem to have a tolerance or threshold to where even if a man is ugly....as long as he's not HIDEOUS....she'll find him just as overall attractive as the nice looking dude as long as the other factors line up.
But if he's TOO ugly.....all the money in the world isn't gonna help too much.
Except for prostitutes or plastic surgery.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

But if he's TOO ugly.....all the money in the world isn't gonna help too much.

Flavor Flav is the exception. I don't think he's waving a bag of money around either. But, women seem to love that dude.🤣😎

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ProfD said:

Flavor Flav is the exception. I don't think he's waving a bag of money around either. But, women seem to love that dude.🤣😎

Lol....

Well, Da Flav is considered ugly by most AfroAmericans because of his extreme dark skin and other features like his teeth.....but in all seriousness he's STILL within the "normal" range of human looks.

image.png.79c784e4e1f3dfbb50ee83666f5439f5.png

Go to Jamaica, Haiti, or many African nations and you'd find thousands of men who look like him with little money but married with children living happy lives.  Never been called ugly a day in their life.

His "ugliness" is more cultural than actual.

Now compare him to a Craig Mack

image.png.6df47d1730c360f020e3ff0499b634df.png

Now THAT'S natural.

@anonymous50

I never hear MLS(multi racial light skinned) men  complain about their women being taken from them by darker skinned men like I hear with dark-skinned women over fair skin women being with their men.

From a ratio standpoint, dark skinned black men take light skinned women more so than vice versa because most black people are dark. Light skinned people are a minority in the community. Not very many interracial unions take place to produce mulattoes or blasians on a massive scale as most races prefer their own kind.

Not all light skinned people bi-racial, but many are.

Light skinned privilege applies mostly to women when it comes to dating, jobs, and roles in films , TV, and commercials.

I am not saying that MLS men are at the same disadvantage as dark-skinned black women, but they are not as privileged as MLS women either.  In the African-American community, light skinned black men are considered too soft for regular black women( since MLS men are frequently feminized by black culture), they are too black for  white women(because of the One-Drop rule), and their women constantly get selected from them.

Maybe, mixed/light skinned black men need to improve their masculinity and economic status by developing a blue chip mindset advocated by Red Pill content creator CoachGregAdams the same way darker skinned black women are subscribing femininity channels online and on You tube offered by people like Chrissie.

Lol...you must not be a light skinned Black man.

There are a lot of Black women out there absolutely CRAZY over light skinned men.
Out there trying to have all kinds of light skinned babies with green and hazel eyes and curly hair by light skinned dudes.

On a somewhat Esoteric level ....

True Beauty  will be accepted across all cultural and racial lines...If it is Proportionate  and Wholesome (bodymind and spirit)

Beauty as in Physical Attractiveness (phenotype) is based on Symmetry Balance and Harmony ....Phi - The Golden Ratio 1:1.62

Personal Charisma and Charm can (and will) supplant Physical Attractiveness in the Mind of the Onlooker no matter the Phenotype.

• Like 1

frankster

Charisma works for ugly men to attract women, but it would take a LOT of charisma for a physically ugly woman to be attractive to most men.
Most women's charm is IN their looks, not their words or swag.

When a so-called "ugly" woman is said to attract men with her personality, if you look closely at her.....she's really not "ugly" but just less than ideal based on societal standards.

For example, people will often say that Oprah is an "ugly" woman who made herself attractive being a celebrity and billionaire.
The fact is Oprah....though not a beauty queen....wasn't an ugly woman.  She looked like a typical sista you'd see in the hood.  Maybe a little overweight but nothing unusually bad or grotesque about her.

Ugliness does indeed exist, but most people being called ugly in this society are actually being MIS-LABELED as such because they may not meet society's ideal standards of beauty.

51 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

frankster

Charisma works for ugly men to attract women, but it would take a LOT of charisma for a physically ugly woman to be attractive to most men.
Most women's charm is IN their looks, not their words or swag.

I think it works for both equally and if anybody has an edge its women....men in general are not particularly choosy.

Most men are not attracted to women solely for their looks but rather more likely their sexual accessibility or availability.

When a so-called "ugly" woman is said to attract men with her personality, if you look closely at her.....she's really not "ugly" but just less than ideal based on societal standards.

Ugly usually means someone who is unhealthy or damage in some way even malformed/infirmed(unhealthy aging)...a healthy person truly cannot really be ugly.

For example, people will often say that Oprah is an "ugly" woman who made herself attractive being a celebrity and billionaire.
The fact is Oprah....though not a beauty queen....wasn't an ugly woman.  She looked like a typical sista you'd see in the hood.  Maybe a little overweight but nothing unusually bad or grotesque about her.

Oprah's Wealth is part of her Charismatic appeal.

Ugliness does indeed exist, but most people being called ugly in this society are actually being MIS-LABELED as such because they may not meet society's ideal standards of beauty.

Disease is Ugly but people usually are not

Maybe they do exist....please post a picture of one such individual if you can?

Unattractive yes.

frankster

Most men are not attracted to women solely for their looks but rather more likely their sexual accessibility or availability.

Well, if you want to talk about who men actually PURSUE....that's a different story, lol.

Most men are attracted to women based on their looks, but most men don't pursue every or even most women they are attracted to.
Who a man chooses to pursue is based on a lot of factors such as his own self esteem, whether he feels he can actually attain her or not (or "availability" as you say), how strong his sexual desires are, his social status, etc.
But as I said, a man is actually ATTRACTED mostly by looks and to a lesser extent by personality.

Ugly usually means someone who is unhealthy or damage in some way even malformed/infirmed(unhealthy aging)...a healthy person truly cannot really be ugly

It depends on who's using the term.
When I use the term "ugly"....I'm talking about someone who is either naturally ugly or is ugly because of "wear and tear".
Not someone who is severely deformed or disfigured due to an accident.
I think it would be unfair to call such a person "ugly".

Kind of like it wouldn't be proper to compare someone who was of normal intelligence but got into a bad car accident and is now a vegetable to a person who's been dizzy stupid since childhood.

39 To be checked ideas | high speed photography, photographer advertising,  bones funny

First off, since when does dark skinned men belong to dark skinned women and when did light skinned women belong to light skinned men? Their women/men? 

Black is black. And any shade pairing with another is still black pairing with black. How strange would it be if only light skin paired with light skin and the same with dark skin. Realistically, in America, I hardly ever see people with the same skin tone paired off in the black community.

Plus, a lot of light skinned men don't complain because they seem to appreciate darker women more than most other people. I've felt they tend to show the least "colorism" out of everyone in the black the community.

And the one drop rule only exist today because black people won't let it die. Only white people who use it are white racists calling every biracial person black. 

• Thanks 1

Colorism is MUCH more prevalent in the Latino community than in the AfroAmerican community!

It's to the point where you rarely see 2 Black Latinos together.
Many Black and dark skinned Latinos have a Mulatto or White spouse and are producing children who look nothing like them.
That's a clear sign of their own self hatred.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, anonymous50 said:

From a ratio standpoint, dark skinned black men take light skinned women more so than vice versa

Where are you getting this data?  It sounds like it is based upon your observations and opinions. Which are fine to express, but they are just opinions.

The behaviors of a free celebrities can’t be extended to the entire population. 

people pair up for a wide variety of reasons I’m not sure how high on the list skin color is.  Is skin color a primary consideration for you?  It is not for me.

Where on the Black color spectrum do it fall? Am i more light skinned or dark skinned.

@Pioneer1 would i be one of those men The women you know that would want to have a baby with?

Some one recently designed me as light skinned.  i hate to admit it, but i was a little offended, it made no sense, but on some level i felt like they were questioning my Blackness… maybe they were dunno. I

Having to contemplate that and even defend against is not anything one should have to go through. For the first time i cold image how a biracial people must navigate through life in s daily basis.

How can we expect so called white people not  to judge us on skin color when we do it ourselves.

Troy

You're neither light skinned nor dark skinned.
You're what we call "Brown skinned".

image.png.dc2db292b37e43fbde6a20086ad2a558.png

Steph Curry is an example of a
"light skinned" AfroAmerican.

image.png.6b5cf294d4823ceb549d8d31de7ac74f.png

Kevin Hart is an exampe of a "dark skinned" 
AfroAmerican.

Notice I said "AfroAmerican"....as opposed to the word "Black".
I use that term for a reason.

15 hours ago, Troy said:

first time i cold image how a biracial people must navigate through life in s daily basis.

Biracials are some of the most racist people on earth. Navigating someone questioning their blackness is nothing like a dark skinned individual having to navigate a biracial who questions their humanity. They do it often.

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I know women who say they don't find light skinned men attractive BUT want babies with them.....lol.
I know other women who are dark skinned but can't stand a dark skinned man.
Strange........

Dark skinned black men degrade them so that's probably why they have trouble tolerating them.

Just like a lot of light skinned AfroAmericans are arrogant and think they are prettier and better; a lot of dark skinned AfroAmericans are angry because of low self esteem and how they are treated in this society.

When I'm out in public and I see a VERY dark skinned woman with her dark skinned baby smiling, playing with her baby, showing a lot of love and affection towards that child...I almost KNOW they are from Africa.
Why?
Because if they grew up in the United States that dark, there esteem would be so ruined from how they were treated in school by other children and by society that they would probably be on the streets and many are locked up in jail.
Africans have a higher esteem because they grew up dark skinned in a society where everyone around them who are succesful looks like them.
In the U.S. it's often the opposite.

Growing up being called ugly, stupid, monkey, etc....help to ruin the esteem of a lot of people and often gives them a bad attitude.

• Sad 1

On 3/12/2023 at 9:56 PM, Pioneer1 said:

frankster

39 To be checked ideas | high speed photography, photographer advertising,  bones funny

This Only Proves My Point.......Ugly usually means someone who is unhealthy or damage in some way even malformed/infirmed(unhealthy aging)...a healthy person truly cannot really be ugly.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, frankster said:

On a somewhat Esoteric level ....

True Beauty  will be accepted across all cultural and racial lines...If it is Proportionate  and Wholesome (bodymind and spirit)

Beauty as in Physical Attractiveness (phenotype) is based on Symmetry Balance and Harmony ....Phi - The Golden Ratio 1:1.62

Personal Charisma and Charm can (and will) supplant Physical Attractiveness in the Mind of the Onlooker no matter the Phenotype.

@frankster You are always on point! I totally concur with what you say in regard to physical attractiveness, as do artists and anthropologists -and the objective conclusions drawn from how infants respond to symmetrical faces that embody that "golden triangle". .

And, indeed, such things as pimple-free skin and a bright smile should never be underestimated,

I grew up in the African American  community of a small midwestern town . Everybody knew everybody else and being from a good family who owned their own home and drove a nice car were what counted there.  i went to  predominately white public schools and  we non white kids were all just relegated  to the bracket of being "the coloreds".  it wasn't until I matriculated at the University of Illinois did I become aware of the difference color made. And it wasn't always an advantage for me, because the darker skinned girls could be very catty,  practicing their own form of discrimination. And whether or not you belonged to a sorority was right up there with what made you prime pickins. Among the males, athletes and frat guys with high GPAs were the "babe magnets" .  Yes, all of this is "ancient history" but not a whole lot has changed. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, Troy said:

Where are you getting this data?  It sounds like it is based upon your observations and opinions. Which are fine to express, but they are just opinions.

people pair up for a wide variety of reasons I’m not sure how high on the list skin color is.

Again, I agree. Once  the plethora of anecdotal subterfuge is dispersed, all that's left are opinions.  

On 3/31/2023 at 6:05 AM, frankster said:

This Only Proves My Point.......Ugly usually means someone who is unhealthy or damage in some way even malformed/infirmed(unhealthy aging)...a healthy person truly cannot really be ugly.

Well, who is "ugly" is largely a matter of opinion.
And because of that, you can be sure to find PLENTY of "really" ugly people because someone really does find them ugly.

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, who is "ugly" is largely a matter of opinion.

Right. It's subjective.

A committee would have to be established to hammer out a criteria for ugly to which the people agree. That's never going to happen.😁😎

But what is NOT an opinion is when you're sitting at home alone and ain't nobody calling you up or trying to have sex with you.
That's real.

You can tell  a girls he's beautiful all you want, but if the boys are staying away and won't have anything to do with her and treat her cruelly....she's going to know she's different than a lot of the others in school.

23 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

But what is NOT an opinion is when you're sitting at home alone and ain't nobody calling you up or trying to have sex with you.
That's real.

You can tell  a girls he's beautiful all you want, but if the boys are staying away and won't have anything to do with her and treat her cruelly....she's going to know she's different than a lot of the others in school.

The evidence contradicts your statements.

Many 'ugly' folks end up with children. Somebody's hitting them. 

The same people who will make fun of and diss someone as ugly will creep back over to them late at night.

Back in my youth, I remember two sisters whose faces made them look like old women. One of them always smelled like p8ss.

Neighborhood dudes would make fun of those girls but used them to lose their virginity.

There was another 'ugly' chick in the neighborhood who was gross too. Yet, one of my boys knocked her up.

A man will tap an 'ugly' woman if they get horny enough. Same goes for fat women. 

A woman will sleep with an 'ugly' man if he has money and/or is well endowed.

People are funny creatures. They will say one thing in a crowd and do the opposite in the dark.😎

ProfD

The evidence contradicts your statements.

Many 'ugly' folks end up with children. Somebody's hitting them. 

True, but many isn't most.

And how did this fact contradict my statement?

Being ugly or unattractive for most people leads to many lonely nights....do you disagree?

The same people who will make fun of and diss someone as ugly will creep back over to them late at night.

True again, but this is an exception...not a rule.
Some ugly people still get plenty of sex....some or most don't.

The examples you describe, you may as well said you knew a gay dude who got plenty of coochie because women were hot and horny for him.
Yeah, he was an exception.....but MOST gay men aren't getting it because they don't want it.

A man will tap an 'ugly' woman if they get horny enough. Same goes for fat women. 

This is true.
But some of these dudes will screw another DUDE if they get horny enough.

A woman will sleep with an 'ugly' man if he has money and/or is well endowed.

True.
Manytimes he doesn't even have to have that.

But I think things tend to be different for men and women in that regard.
Although looks matter to a certain extent, I believe it matters less to women than to men.

People are funny creatures. They will say one thing in a crowd and do the opposite in the dark.

I know this to be a straight up fact!

I knew girls who called me ugly all day long, but then turned around and was in my bed or just in my arms looking for some comfort as soon as they got a little tipsy or had problems.

However regardless of my looks, I always had a masterful mouthpiece on me....lol.
Or atleast most females find my running my mouth entertaining, whether they take me seriously or not....lol.

@Pioneer1...

Without statistical data, 'many' and 'most' are semantic in a discussion.

Also, there are always exceptions. That should always be a given too.

To eliminate confusion,  I usually avoid  providing anecdotal information. I slipped off code in my last post. 

However, the fact remains that my examples are a microcosm of what many or most ugly people are doing especially behind closed doors. They're f8cking too.🤣😎

• Thanks 1

I understand what you were saying.......

However when you said the facts contradict my statements.
That sounded as if my statements were ABSOLUTE with no exceptions.

There's a difference between:

"When you're sitting home alone and nobody is calling you up to have sex with you....that's real"

And:

"Ugly people are NOT having sex.
 They are sitting at home lonely and undesired"

I rarely make absolute statements, regardless of how my statements are read or understood.

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

However when you said the facts contradict my statements.
That sounded as if my statements were ABSOLUTE with no exceptions.

Gotcha. No confusion. 

Text based discussions require nuance because it's different from in-person. 

It is a fact that ugly people are sitting at home and nobody's hitting then up for s8x. But, the same goes for non-ugly people too. 

There's definitely more to being avoided s8xually than being ugly. That's another whole discussion.😁😎

Another discussion is the fact that there is a difference between UGLY and UNATTRACTIVE.

There are plenty of women I've seen that I considered ugly, but I was highly attracted to them.

I work with a woman right now who....when I see her she reminds me of J.J. Evans with a purple wig on...lol.
But when you look at her actual body and after about 15 seconds of conversation with her.....you start seeing how you could "tap" that if the opportunity presented itself, lol.
And SHE has plenty of kids by different baby daddies....lol.

What are the standards for being ugly? If an  alien  from Mars visited Earth what would he consider ugly.  Why belabor the point, especially since  it's all subjective.     Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is ugliness. What more is there to say?

8 minutes ago, Cynique said:

What are the standards for being ugly? If an  alien  from Mars visited Earth what would he consider ugly.  Why belabor the point, especially since  it's all subjective.     Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is ugliness. What more is there to say?

🤣   Well if there's nothing more to say on it....why the hell are YOU saying so much?

On 4/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Well if there's nothing more to say on it....why the hell are YOU saying so much?

Finally a question that the long-winded numb skull known as pioneer  doesn't have an answer to. Hopefully he  won't bore everyone  by following his usual practice of making one up.  zzzzzzzz 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Listen....
Why don't you put a LID on that garbage can you call a "mouth"...lol.

Another stupid question.   i don't call my mouth a "garbage can" because it isn't one and  requires no lid. That's why;   just like i don't "listen" to what you write since it's not  audible.  Now get lost, you big dummy.