Chris Rock slaps Back Hard at Will and Jada Pinkett Smith in the Netflix special; Selective Outrage

Chris Rock slaps Back Hard at Will and Jada Pinkett Smith in the Netflix special; Selective Outrage

spacer.png

I have not been able to see the Neflix special. But there has been quite a buzz about it. So yes, the Oscars is today, March 12, 2023, and I heard that Chris Rock declined. I also heard that the host this year, Jimmy Kimmel, will speak about that infamous slap that Will Smith delivered to Chris Rock last year. I don’t think I would be this curious about the Academy Awards show had it not been for so much propaganda this year about what happened last year and also because of the snub that the movie Women King has gotten as well as the hype about the movie Black Panther. I read that some of the rules that might have went against Women King is that it is not based on accuracy? I don’t know, maybe they will be mentioned. Anyway, I hope that Angela Bassett gets what she wants and well, that song that Rhianna sang is absolutely beautiful. I hope she shines. I just don’t understand what the hype is about the halftime performance because she and the dancers were wearing baggy jumpsuits. But I do understand that may have nothing to do with the complaint and therefore, maybe it could be something offensive. I have not see it yet.

I’ve heard so much about these movies up for awards and also, I am very interested in seeing the much talked about movie All About Everything Everywhere [?] and others as well. I’ve heard about Till and Top Gun and so, I am really interested this year in what is being featured. I am not much of a movie goer and usually wait until it comes off the big screen, but maybe if I can get some money, I might go to the theaters.

Chris Rock slaps back at Will and Jada Pinkett Smith –hard –in live Netflix special

BY GREG BRAXTON SENIOR WRITER, CULTURE AND REPRESENTATION

MARCH 4, 2023 UPDATED 8:42 PM PT

When Will Smith slapped Chris Rock during the 2022 Oscars ceremony, many members of the live audience and TV viewers at home thought it was a joke – until they realized, to their horror, that it wasn’t.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-03-04/chris-rock-netflix-special-selective-outrage

I also hear that Chris Rock may not be at the Academy Awards show either. But his Neflix special supposedly went very well, although I did hear that Will Smith was not too happy about what Chris Rock had said. Some reporters spoke against Rock for some of his explicative descriptions about Jada but for the most part, he seems to have had awesome reviews. Many people love him and believe that he is a powerhouse and he delivered. Rock did not speak about the infamous slap until the last ten minutes but, he dropped bits and pieces of jabs about ‘the slap’ throughout his skit until the end. And then he brought the mic down! More importantly, he made the big bucks.

By Mark Heim | mheim@al.com

Will Smith is said to be “embarrassed and hurt” over Chris Rock’s comments in his latest Neflix special, according to an Entertainment Tonight report.

spacer.png

https://www.al.com/life/2023/03/will-smith-embarrassed-hurt-over-chris-rocks-netflix-special-per-report.html

Chris Rock’s Net Worth Makes Him Consistently One of The Top-Paid Comedians –How Much He Made From His Netflix Special

By LEA VELOSO MAR 08, 2023 AT 1:21 PM EST

Striking comedy gold? Chris Rock’s net worth exploded after his Netflix deal. The longtime comedian released the first-ever live comedy special on the streaming platform and he made big bank from his two specials. …

How much did Chris Rock make from his Netflix special? In 2016, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Rock secured a whopping $40 million for his two specials, Chris Rock: Tambouring and Chris Rock: Selective Outrage the latter of which dropped on Netflix on March 4, 2023, and directly references Will Smith, his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, and the infamous Oscars slap.

“Chris Rock is a beloved actor and director, and his remarkable stand-up makes him comic royalty. There is no one like him, and Netflix offers the global platform and creative freedom that will serve as a perfect home for someone with his incredible talent,” Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said in a statement.

https://stylecaster.com/chris-rock-net-worth/

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I'm glad you posted these pics Chev!

Chris Rock shooooooo'  has a pretty mother.

image.png.21036309472937c63aa9d56374e65bd6.png

Man, that woman is lovely!

Even at her age she's lovely.
I could only imagine her about 20 or 30 years ago.

And intelligent, sweet, and feminine too!
I saw an interview she did not too long ago about the state of education today.....she's some sort of educator.
Sweet smile with all of those teeth (not sure if they're all hers but they still look great on her), soft gentle way of speaking.....just a lady.

That woman is PROPER.

• Like 2

It was a smart move because he's making money off the incident but......

I guess I just think differently than most people because I still think it wasn't very honorable for Chris Rock to get the shit slapped out of him on stage and did nothing, to NOW start talking shit and running his mouth about the incident.

And to go after Jada like that NOW when the coast is clear and Will ain't up in his face to check him again for it???
Come on...how can we respect a guy like that?
I don't see how so many Black folks born and raised in the hood can look at that and not call Chris a punk.

I said over and over again that through out much of his life Will was called weak, a punk, a this and that.....and when he DOES show some aggression and masulinity he's clowned for THAT.  
Defending his wife's honor was a "stupid move"???

Black America has a lot of shit twisted.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, Chris Rock played the long game.

If Chris Rock would have fought Will Smith on TV, it would have been a bigger embarrassment to AfroAmerican men.  Fair or unfair....that's just the way it is for us. 

Chris even admitted that his mom told him it was not a good look for Black men to be fighting in front of white people. 

IMO,  Will Smith was not defending his wife's honor when he walked up slapped Chris Rock.

Will was frustrated because of some other sh8t that was going on in his household. He just decided to take it out on Chris at the worst time in the wrong setting.😎

• Like 1

ProfD

I agree that Will probably was taking a lifetime of frustration at being called soft, a bitch, and a cuck all out on Chris that night....but still....he DID smack the dude.
It wasn't fake or set up....he had the balls to walk up and steal on him (not really a steal because he saw him coming....lol) on live televison.
I agree that it wasn't a good look for Black folks collectively, but in my opinion it did raise Will's manhood by a few points in my opinion.
But most Black folks ain't giving him NO pass....lol.
Poor Will can't win for losing.

Not sure how Chris Rock could come out looking good after having the shit smacked out of him on live television and he did nothing but stand there in shock and tell jokes to ease the situation.
Would most of us have done differently?
Not sure....but it is what it is.
He got smacked and didn't retaliate.

Fuck what White folks think....self defense is a natural right.
I'm as pro-Black as they come, however if some fools start busting at my house.....I'm not gonna run out on the porch and start quoting Huey P. Newton to them in hope of convincing them to turn their gun on the "real enemy".
I'm gonna bust back and try to get as many of them as I can to prevent it from happening again....lol.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, I think Will took his frustration out on Chris as a result of issues within his household primarily caused by Jada's infidelity. 

IMO, Will's actions had little or nothing to do with him being called soft.  That was primarily back in his rapper days in comparison to his peers.

Otherwise, Big Willy had legitimized himself as a thorough dude once he became a serious actor.  

Among real men, slapping Chris Rock took points away from Will's manhood especially the reason for which he did it.

Again, given the situation, Chris Rock took the slap like a real G.  But, Chris even admitted that Will is a bigger dude than him.  No way he was going to fight him and get his azz whupped especially not on live TV.

That also makes Will look even worse.  He slapped a smaller dude.   Then, he had the nerve to cry after he did it.🤣

I'm a huge advocate of self-defense.  But, there is more to the art of war than throwing hands and popping off shots anywhere. 

Sometimes, retaliation has to be strategic.  Right time and place.😎

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:45 PM, ProfD said:

…it was not a good look for Black men to be fighting in front of white people. 

that was the best line of a radiative week set. Chris came across angry and it was not humorous. I’d feel bad for the guy if he were not paid $40 Million.

Chris was right, in my opinion, about Will.  Slapping Chris was a punk move by Will. 

• Haha 1

Will Smith said he was hurt by Chris Rock's comments and that he should just forget what happened and move on. 

Maybe will Smith is upset because he didn't get the eyeballs when he had Dave Chappelle coach him for his standup debut.

If you look at the clip it looked like Chris Rock was about to hit him. So I reckon Chris Rock can fight . He took that slap and didn't drop the envelope. Gay Joe also thinks Rock can fight 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

If you look at the clip it looked like Chris Rock was about to hit him. So I reckon Chris Rock can fight .

WHEW! LOL--Oh God, She said,

I'm a Latin woman and I'm a scorpio, YES i WANT THE SMOKE!

Me too, GIRL! Shoot. My man betta not think he comin home if I'm dissed too bad, AND BY A MAN! Oh Hell no!

But you know, Fat Joe is right! @Delano. I did not realize that until now, but Chris Rock definitely drop back and looked like he was about to throw and then he collected himself.

If I was in that position, I don't know what I would have done. That was self control. 

And like Chris said too, though, Will Smith is a lot bigger than he is.

And another thing: If Will would have shouted from his seat, it would not have had much affect, imo because Chris Rock is a stand up comedian and he would have came back even harder. So, it was the moment and the moment was abrupt and got the point across to where it will be remembered for a long time. 

On 3/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Not sure how Chris Rock could come out looking good after having the shit smacked out of him on live television and he did nothing but stand there in shock and tell jokes to ease the situation.
Would most of us have done differently?
Not sure....but it is what it is.
He got smacked and didn't retaliate.

But here's the thing about that @Pioneer1, I think Chris Rock had some good self control for a major reason. 

I tell you, I had no idea that from 2005 to 2009, when my kids were watching television, that there was a sitcom about Chris Rock!!!

I never saw one episode!

Come to find out, now I realize that show was about Chris Rock! And it was about his experience as he grew up! 

His parents put in a predominantly all-white school and had him bused out of his community and he was always picked on and 

beat up by White kids and this is what the show was about!

In real life, Chris Rock dropped out of school because of the experience, so for this reason, he soon learned how to deal with bullies and, HEY

that Will Smith moment, was how he chose to deal with it and it reminds me of his childhood experiences.

So, Chris chose to pick his time and then he got paid to come back on Will Smith for the assault in his own way!

I think Chris did the right thing, although some may not like what he said though.

He was assaulted.

He really could have been really hurt from that hit he took from Will.

I understand that Jada was dealing with a lot though, but HEY, it happened, now hopefully we can move on as @Dee Miller said. 

Edited by Chevdove
tag
  • Like 1

Apparently Chris Rock also said that Will Smith shouldn't be removed. And he also declined to press charges when LAPD was going to arrey Will Smith for assault.

However this isn't the first time Will Smith smacked someone at an awards event.

In real life, Chris Rock dropped out of school because of the experience, so for this reason, he soon learned how to deal with bullies and, HEY

that Will Smith moment, was how he chose to deal with it and it reminds me of his childhood experiences.

So, Chris chose to pick his time and then he got paid to come back on Will Smith for the assault in his own way!

I think Chris did the right thing, although some may not like what he said though.

He was assaulted.

Preach @Chevdove!! 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:51 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Come on...how can we respect a guy like that?
I don't see how so many Black folks born and raised in the hood can look at that and not call Chris a punk.

@Pioneer1i miss you -although it’s me whose been MIA, but some how I knew I could depend on you to make my head tilt upward while my face reorganized itself contemplating  a response to your transparency…lol

I'm from the projects of NY, and had very few fights because I strategized b4 a comeback. It was  Mos def not because I was scared, but because I knew I could hurt somebody, and I didn’t want to end up in juvie, word.

there’s a place and time for everything and let’s just say, ‘I got mine’ (wink)

BTW…I’m a lover…not a fighter. Why? Because I don’t want to break a nail..LMAO!!

Troy

Your last name is Johnson and you grew up in the Johnson Houses????
How interesting.
Were the projects named after your family....lol.

Now my question for you is:

If Will Smith smacking Chris on live television over insulting his wife was a "punk move".....what do you call the guy who GOT smacked and just stood there looking stupid?

The guy who got smacked for sexually assaulting Will got what he deserved and behaved accordingly..

Johnson is a common name. My apartment complex was named after James Weldon Johnson, and was build a few years after he died.

When I came up my project inhabitants were mostly Black. After all the white folks left things went downhill. Things are better there today, but not nearly as nice as they were during their prime.

Chris really didn't know what hit him. And he was weak in his reaction to Will saying keep his wife's name out of his mouth. "I am going to.🤓

😂 

I don't take white people seriously with the whole, "violence is never the answer" bit considering everything they have was through violence. That's what they say to disarm their enemies so they can act out. They were mad because they believe we have to live up to their standards of black living which is never showing aggression, even in a moment of weakness. Mind you, they don't hold themselves to this standard so it's odd that black people are so concerned with how they "behave" in front of them. They don't care how they look in front of you, but we over here still treating white people like they are the parental race. 

Violence is never the first answer, but at times it's necessary. Mostly in defense of what's right.

Do I believe it was necessary against Chris? No. But talk smack, get smacked. 😂 It happens.

3 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

Chris really didn't know what hit him. And he was weak in his reaction to Will saying keep his wife's name out of his mouth. "I am going to.🤓

😂 

Exactly.

Will Smith MADE him show some respect for his wife, most men around the world would find that admirable.
I know most women find it attractive and comforting to have a man willing to check another man on live television for her honor.

Troy

I'm not talking about the guy who kissed Will, I was actually talking about Chris Rock.
If you consider Will Smith a "punk" for hitting Chris.....well hell what do you call Chris who didn't even fight back??????

It was a complicated situation for Chris. He was obviously caught off guard. He was hosting the Oscar’s and he was probably scared. 

No one really knows how they  would react in  that situation. So i can’t be too critical of Chris’s reaction.

i know when i saw the slap it made me angry. Usually i could care less about celebrity dysfunction. But i loss a lot of respect for will that’s night.

Will did not make Chris respect his wife. You apparently have not seen his recent stand up.😂

• Like 2

i question whether most women would  want their husband to make a public spectacle of himself on the biggest night of his career. Especially since Chris' remark, comparing Jada to Demi Moore's G.I. jane character  wasn't really disrespectful.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

Especially since Chris' remark, comparing Jada to Demi Moore's G.I. jane character  wasn't really disrespectful.  

No, it was not disrespectful!

Jada is very pretty and that joke did not take away from her at all!

@Delano Thanks for the video!

Yes, Chris saved that oscars, he really did. and, I view him as a hero for his composer.

However, now that I heard that video of the producer speaking about LAPD, oh yes, Will Smith could have been arrested, but it was Chris who chose not to press charges.

And, I was wrong when I had said that Chris was assaulted, and did not realize it until the video.

Someone once explained to me that if someone steps to you as if to hit you then THAT IS AN ASSAULT. 

But it they hit you then it becomes BATTERY!!! 

I also believe too, now that Will should have been made to leave and not been allowed to remain in his seat.

That should not have been Chris' decision, but the producers should have tapped Will on his shoulders and led him out!

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Delano's video, I got to see the slap over and over again in full context
Not only hasn't my opinion changed.....it's been SOLIDIFIED.

The way he smacked Chris for clowning on his wife and then swaggered off the stage straightening up his suit......lol....looked like something out of a Denzel Washington movie.

image.png.72fea22adf86c2e137eb1e149b25d049.png

Will earned his respect as a "grown ass man" as far as I'm concerned.

Chris can tell all the jokes and talk all the shit he wants, but Will MADE his point.
Infact, when Will told him to keep his wife's name out of his mouth, Chris stood up there and said "OK, I will".....showing you the point was made.

Now for him to go around on the chit'lin circuit telling crusty jokes about Jada a year after the fact.....that's kinda punkish in my opinion.
He should have just shut up and moved on from the incident.
Now if this beef starts to escalate.....it's all on Chris.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

i question whether most women would  want their husband to make a public spectacle of himself on the biggest night of his career. Especially since Chris' remark, comparing Jada to Demi Moore's G.I. jane character  wasn't really disrespectful.  

I was listening to another podcast, Housequake said Jada doesn't love Smith. On the biggest night of his career she made it about her dignity. However didn't she say that she didn't care what people thought about her hair.

At a certain point.....it no longer becomes about disrespecting your wife or family but disrespecting YOU PERSONALLY as a man.

Regardless of what Jada wanted or felt, as a man you're not going to keep on disrespecting my wife and expect me to sit up and laugh at it like nothing is happening.

No, we don't want Black men fighting on live television but some things are just a matter of principle.
Chis picked the wrong nigga to fuck with that night.....lol.

• Like 1

Let's get some things straight about the Will Smith\Chris Rock brouhaha.   I happened to have watched the live Oscars' telecast when this unfortunate incident took place at last years' program. Most of you didn't. First of all, Chris was not hosting the Oscars.  He was simply a presenter, a comedian taking pot shots at audience members before he read the name of the winner in the category he was assigned to. Will initially laughed along with the audience when Chris quipped that he was looking forward to seeing Jada in the sequel to "G.I. Jane", a movie starring Demi Moore as the heroine who shaved her head after being accepted by the Navy Seals as their first female recruit.  But, when a bored Jada  gave Chris the side eye, Will's whole demeanor changed as he sprung to his feet, and strode forward to punish Chris with a slap, advising Chris to keep Jada's name out of his fuckin mouth! Though seemingly surprised, Chris  laughed as he remarked that Oscar history had just been made. He then proceeded to name the candidates for the award he was presenting and after opening the envelope, he calmly announced who won it. This was why everybody initially thought this was a staged joke. { It was reported that during the commercial break that followed, amid the stir of a confused audience, Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry rushed over to calm and counsel a flustered Will.} Later, when Will's name was called as the winner of the best actor Oscar, he kissed an indifferent Jada and after making his way to the stage, he spent 20 minutes thanking The Academy and blubbering about his co-stars and his career, before tearfully begging the audience to understand how love can make you do crazy things, -  a contrite pathetic figure.    

Subsequently, amidst the ensuing controversy during which Will apologized for his behavior, Chris embarked on a sold-out tour of comedy clubs attended, as usual, by both black and white fans. A year later in his Net Flix comedy special, Rock finally publicly addressed this subject for the first time. He didn't bring it up until the end of his typically hilarious routine, at which time he didn't mince words, incessantly bad mouthing both Will and Jada in his  tirade,    He wound things up by saying the reason he didn't strike back at Will was because he was raised right; that his parents taught him to never fight another black person in front of white people. After dropping the mike, he left the stage to an ovation by the audience. 

These are the things y'all need to ruminate about before you start start reaching conclusions. 

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Let's get some things straight about the Will Smith\Chris Rock brouhaha.   I happened to have watched the live Oscars' telecast when this unfortunate incident took place at last years' program. Most of you didn't. First of all, Chris was not hosting the Oscars.  He was simply a presenter, a comedian taking pot shots at audience members before he read the name of the winner in the category he was assigned to. Will initially laughed along with the audience when Chris quipped that he was looking forward to seeing Jada in the sequel to "G.I. Jane", a movie starring Demi Moore as the heroine who shaved her head after being accepted by the Navy Seals as their first female recruit.  But, when a bored Jada  gave Chris the side eye, Will's whole demeanor changed as he sprung to his feet, and strode forward to punish Chris with a slap, advising Chris to keep Jada's name out of his fuckin mouth! Though seemingly surprised, Chris  laughed as he remarked that Oscar history had just been made. He then proceeded to name the candidates for the award he was presenting and after opening the envelope, he calmly announced who won it. This was why everybody initially thought this was a staged joke. { It was reported that during the commercial break that followed, amid the stir of a confused audience, Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry rushed over to calm and counsel a flustered Will.} Later, when Will's name was called as the winner of the best actor Oscar, he kissed an indifferent Jada and after making his way to the stage, he spent 20 minutes thanking The Academy and blubbering about his co-stars and his career, before tearfully begging the audience to understand how love can make you do crazy things, -  a contrite pathetic figure.    

Subsequently, amidst the ensuing controversy during which Will apologized for his behavior, Chris embarked on a sold-out tour of comedy clubs attended, as usual, by both black and white fans. A year later in his Net Flix comedy special, Rock finally publicly addressed this subject for the first time. He didn't bring it up until the end of his typically hilarious routine, at which time he didn't mince words, incessantly bad mouthing both Will and Jada in his  tirade,    He wound things up by saying the reason he didn't strike back at Will was because he was raised right; that his parents taught him to never fight another black person in front of white people. After dropping the mike, he left the stage to an ovation by the audience. 

These are the things y'all need to ruminate about before you start start reaching conclusions. 

image.png.f27c788754c59569ab83eae986a46fa6.png

"Whooaah!
We didn't know ANY of that until you told us!
Thanks for the education.
That really changes our opinions about the entire ordeal!

Lol......

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I don't know whether some of you knew any of this or not.  It's hard to tell, considering the things that were said.

It doesn't matter because none of that changes:

1. Chris disrespecting Jada 

2. Chris getting bitchslapped in front of everybody and just standing there

3. Will standing up for his woman

4. Chris talking smack way after the fact

5. Chris cares mostly about what white people think

Overall Chris Rock is just an unfunny bully who hides behind being a comedian. I call dudes like him "roast artists" because they don't joke as much as they roast anyone they can for as long as they can with no consequence.

We live in a world where even verbal disrespect is met with consequences but Chris was so big, so famous, so rich, so long he believed he was untouchable and couldn't be put back in his place.

People can call it violent all they want but words MEAN something and they carry weight with them, no matter how much people claim they don't. When someone throws that weight right back at you in physical altercation there's little room to cry foul because you thought you could hurt someone from afar and claim your hands are clean.

It's bull. 

He doesn't believe in fighting in front of white people but believe disrespecting another black man's wife in front of them is okay? And he believes it's okay for his white friends and lovers to call him nigger, too? Childish.

And there were much worse things that happened at the Oscars so the uproar was laughable, and only because Will was supposed to be "one of the good ones".

@SpeakHerTruth Not surprising, i don't agree with what you insist "changes things".  Jada is at the heart of this controversy  by virtue of being the motivation for her long-suffering husband's attempt to impress her with his pseudo display of manhood, and she has forfeited her right to be respected by making no secret of and showing no shame for sleeping with her son's good friend. And since she flaunts what is achieved by shaving her head, as opposed to suffering from the actual  baldness that occurs in serious cases of alopecia, any claim to her being a sympathetic figure is bogus, particularly since the character Chris Rock compared her to was a heroic one. 

To me and a whole lot of other Blacks, maintaining his self control and making the decision to quell a bad situation was admirable  of Chris - who could possible have taken on the "David" role to Will's "Goliath" persona  inasmuch as he grew up in the hood. Moreover, deciding to keep his thoughts about the situation to himself was not only a profitable move on Chris' part, but a wise one because, unlike Will, he exhibited impulse control in order to collect his thoughts.  I don't expect to change your mind about any of this, but in stating my opposing stance,  i would also argue that the last person  to whom all of this really matters is the detached, self-absorbed Jada who has always treated Will like a door mat and couldn't care less what people think. You give the impression of being more indignant than she does. LOL I would  further disagree that nothing worse than this incident wherein violent physical  contact was made before one participant yelled the f-word at the other,  has ever happened at the Oscars which I have been watching for over 50 years!

Finally, Kudos to Chris Rock's end game. He made a bunch of money and a legion of new fans. More power to him.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Jada is at the heart of this controversy  by virtue of being the motivation for her long-suffering husband's attempt to impress her with his pseudo display of manhood

So she's at fault because she dared exist at the Oscars with her husband. Okay. Oh wait! She rolled her eyes!???!!!? How dare she NOT laugh at something she didn't find funny. It's as if she's her own woman who can do what she wants.

59 minutes ago, Cynique said:

and she has forfeited her right to be respected by making no secret of and showing no shame for sleeping with her son's good friend

Which is what most of this is actually about. Y'all hate Jada and hate she was defended.

And Chris forfeited his right to be respected or treated any better when he asked to be called a nigger by whites. Ya know, since we're playing the forfeit game 😯

And since she flaunts what is achieved by shaving her head, as opposed to suffering from the actual  baldness that occurs in serious cases of alopecia, any claim to her being a sympathetic figure is bogus, particularly since the character Chris Rock compared her to was a heroic one. 

Who says she a sympathetic figure?? LMAO I don't even like the Smiths but I can understand why a bully got put in his place.

To me and a whole lot of other Blacks, maintaining his self control and making the decision to quell a bad situation was admirable  of Chris -

Lemme guess, all those "Blacks" are all old?? Y'all do realize y'all are in agreement with racist white incels? Yet y'all believe you're on the right side. So outta touch. Lmaoooo

And he didn't "maintain self control". He was a lame who got slapped and was scared to do anything about it. The hoops y'all jumping through to spin this tall tale of a lame into a hero.

who could possible have taken on the "David" role to Will's "Goliath" persona  inasmuch as he grew up in the hood.

Not even close. Try again. He can't even stand up to white people let alone a black man with a backbone.

Moreover, deciding to keep his thoughts about the situation to himself was not only a profitable move on Chris' part, but a wise one because, unlike Will, he exhibited impulse control in order to collect his thoughts. 

He was dizzy. He needed time to see if he had a concussion. Pls.

I don't expect to change your mind about any of this, but in stating my opposing stance,  i would also argue that the last person  to whom all of this really matters is the detached, self-absorbed Jada who has always treated Will like a door mat and couldn't care less what people think.

I don't expect to change the mind of older "blacks" considering they believe there is such a thing as misbehavin' in front of white folks. Lmao And pls. 😭 To speak of Will as if he is an animal out of control and now pretend you feel sorry for the guy. Y'all can't keep your stories straight. Bow out.

You give the impression of being more indignant than she does. LOL

Much like you give the impression that Chris is cutting you in on his check. Is that the case? You being paid to defend a multimillionaire who don't know you, wouldn't like you, and simply wants your money? Pot meet kettle.

I would  further disagree that nothing worse than this incident wherein violent physical  contact was made before one participant yelled the f-word at the other,  has ever happened at the Oscars which I have been watching for over 50 years!

Finally, Kudos to Chris Rock's end game. He made a bunch of money and a legion of new fans. More power to him.

Pretty sure there was a Native American woman who was protected from being physically assaulted by a man at the Oscars but the older gen don't seem to care, like a lot of stuff y'all let slide.

And yes kudos to Chris. He cemented his place in white history as a spineless, wimpy "black friend".

@SpeakHerTruth Your response is pretty much what I expected, all of which leaves us with no choice but to agree  to disagree about everything. This seems to be the best way for grown-ups to deal with sleep-deprived - oops,  I mean "woke" Millennials.  😴

5 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

Pretty sure there was a Native American woman who was protected from being physically assaulted by a man at the Oscars but the older gen don't seem to care, like a lot of stuff y'all let slide. 

You're talking about Sasheen Littlefeather,  who just recently died.  She was the Native American woman who Marlon Brando hired to accept his best supporting Oscar for "The GodFather", a gesture which  allowed her to call attention to the mistreatment of her people in a speech.  John Wayne, who you may have heard of, lol, was the actor who had to be restrained back stage off camera. Guess he was offended because he shot up so many "Injuns" in his movies.  I remember watching that show back in the 1970s. On another occasion Jane Fonda was  booed when she accepted her best actress Oscar because she was an activist against  the Viet Nam war. 

I'm glad your screen name referred to you being a purveyor of YOUR truth because you will soon find out that on this board, what one person considers the "truth" another regards as "delusion".   Your prediction about Chris Rock, who is overwhelmingly acknowledged as being  among  the great satirists of his time, is ludicrous.                                                                                                      

There is opinion and facts. I'll post a few.

Chris told a joke 

Will Smith smacked him

The LAPD arrived and were prepared to arrest Will Smith.

Chris Rock declined to press charges in addition he advocated that Will Smith be allowed to stay.

Will Smith apologised but not to Chris Rock.

Chris Rock made no public statement in a year. 

He addressed it all at the end of his special

Will Smith said he was hurt and Chris should just let it go.

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

@SpeakHerTruth Your response is pretty much what I expected, all of which leaves us with no choice but to agree  to disagree about everything. This seems to be the best way for grown-ups to deal with sleep-deprived - oops,  I mean "woke" Millennials.  😴

You're talking about Sasheen Littlefeather,  who just recently died.  She was the Native American woman who Marlon Brando hired to accept his best supporting Oscar for "The GodFather", a gesture which  allowed her to call attention to the mistreatment of her people in a speech.  John Wayne, who you may have heard of, lol, was the actor who had to be restrained back stage off camera. Guess he was offended because he shot up so many "Injuns" in his movies.  I remember watching that show back in the 1970s. On another occasion Jane Fonda was  booed when she accepted her best actress Oscar because she was an activist against  the Viet Nam war. 

I'm glad your screen name referred to you being a purveyor of YOUR truth because you will soon find out that on this board, what one person considers the "truth" another regards as "delusion".   Your prediction about Chris Rock, who is overwhelmingly acknowledged as being  among  the great satirists of his time, is ludicrous.                                                                                                      

Your response is what I expected. Childish on another level for someone calling themselves grown.

What was "woke" about my response? Not kissing up to the whites? I know. Your gen lives for that. 

My name says speak HER truth, and who said "her" was me? I can tell you make a lot of assumptions which makes for a horrible debate because instead of being on topic I have to clear up every little thing you make up in your mind. But you wanna speak on delusions.😂

Being acknowledged don't mean everything you say and do is right, don't mean the acknowledgment rings true. You live by popularity contests, don't ya? No judgements for yourself. Just like it if white people tell you to. Their approval means so much.😭

none of you have mentioned one thing, the issue is dead.

Will Smith or Chris Rock have nothing left to do.

If Chris Rock calls Jada Pinkett a bitch in the next special, then he is being petty or trying to manufacture a scenario.

If Will Smith finances a film where a black comedian has to protect himself from those his jokes insult then his remorse wasn't true.

It's over, Jada Pinkett smith was insulted by a black man on a national platform for no reason at all, Jada Pinkett had her honor defended by her husband which cost him some status and cost her some status, they are still maried, and the man who insulted her did it far worse afterword. But, all three are healthy, financially wealthy, and can move on now, outside the inevitable question from poor pundits 

but it's over

• Thanks 1

@DelanoHey, Guy.  We haven't  engaged in a while.  Today's the Vernal Equinox . So naturally i thought about you. What  do you see  in the journey ahead as we go toward the light?  i was in a valley but suddenly I've peaked and gotten a second wind, and have lately been seeing some interesting number combinations.  Plus. the 3  AM bewitching hour has really been ushering in some weird phenomena, providing me with fascinating things to ponder...  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Not only hasn't my opinion changed.....it's been SOLIDIFIED.

my friend when has your opinion ever been changed. your definition of manhood is reminiscent of the ole honor culture when men dueled over perceived islights.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Now for him to go around on the chit'lin circuit telling crusty jokes about Jada a year after the fact.....that's kinda punkish in my opinion.

yeah i agree, but the brother was clearly hurt. I would not be surprised iif he regrets not letting Will get areested, rather than being presented with an award…

23 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

5. Chris cares mostly about what white people think

this his why the man is very wealthy. he saved massa’s oscars

On 3/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, Pioneer1 said:

We didn't know ANY of that until you told us!

yeah condescending, as if people can’t see the exact same thing but perceive  it differently.

15 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

considering they believe there is such a thing as misbehavin' in front of white folks.

hummm… interesting point, but these were Chris’ words too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cynique said:

@DelanoHey, Guy.  We haven't  engaged in a while.  Today's the Vernal Equinox . So naturally i thought about you. What  do you see  in the journey ahead as we go toward the light?  i was in a valley but suddenly I've peaked and gotten a second wind, and have lately been seeing some interesting number combinations.  Plus. the 3  AM bewitching hour has really been ushering in some weird phenomena, providing me with fascinating things to ponder...  

Hey Cynique, you have mail. Interesting times . Well like I said in 2014 there will be huge geopolitical shifts culminating by 2024.

The wheel is turning some may get crushed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

She's too lazy to get up and get the mail from her own MAIL BOX right on the porch from time to time, what makes you think she's going to handle her e-mail any better?

@Pioneer1 😴Yet another example of how  stupid and out of touch with reality you are. Everything you said is a figment of your warped imagination. inasmuch as i don't have a porch and my mail goes to my post office box. Thank goodness you don't live in Illinois or you'd be stalking me. Seek attention elsewhere, Goofball. 

14 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1  Why don't you stick you head up your funky ass and inhale. Do the board a favor and retire your insufferable ego.   

Why don't YOU stick yours up there first and check for me to see if the coast is clear......lol.

I thought I told you to TAKE your cranky behind back to bed.
How many times do I have to tell you?