Seven Degrees of the Self Hating Negro

1. "I apologize": Typically the "Black Friend". No backbone, constantly apologizes for negro shenanigans that has nothing to do with them.

2. " I made it": "I made it and you should, too!" is their motto. Any success for them means negroes just aren't trying hard enough.

3. "My family white": Not to be confused with self hating biracials, this degree has relatives who married white and now they're embarrassed by all the things they suddenly notice is inferior about negro culture up against white culture.

4. "I hate my look": Absolutely despises all negro features and tries to actively breed it out of themselves. Will also put down any other negro with similar features.

5. "I'm bored with struggle": Tired of hearing and noticing racism, they distance themselves from negroes who never let it slide. They will take their licks to the chin like a good negro if it means they can lick between some pasty white cheeks.

6. "Let's hear them out": Totally unashamed of self deprecation, they give heed to racism because, "stereotypes exist for a reason", and gosh darn it, maybe the H-wites are right!

7. "I'm the exception": maybe the most dangerous degree because feeling absolutely above other negroes, they sometimes wonder if they truly are negro or maybe just someone white in blackface meant to spy out negroes and give the white brethren a heads up.

I just wrote this before I started my day 😭  idk why I'm like this 

• Thanks 1

What i take away from your list are the reasons there will never be black unity. There is no Collective Consciousness among black people.  Nor is there any obligation to develop a herd mentality.  i would also questions whether your examples are indications of self hate; more like self preservation.     

26 minutes ago, Cynique said:

i would also questions whether your examples are indications of self hate; more like self preservation.     

I don't think it's mutually exclusive. 

34 minutes ago, Cynique said:

What i take away from your list are the reasons there will never be black unity. There is no Collective Consciousness among black people.  Nor is there any obligation to develop a herd mentality.  

That's an interesting take.

7 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:
8 hours ago, Cynique said:

i would also question whether your examples are indications of self hate; more like self preservation.     

I don't think it's mutually exclusive. 

@SpeakHerTruth Thinking for yourself and looking out for #1 is hardly an example of self- hate. 

3 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

Apologizing for how others who look like you behave is hardly an example of thinking for yourself or looking out for #1. It screams insecurity, denial, self hate, etc.

@SpeakHerTruthOh pulleeze.  Blindly defending and agreeing with everything that people who look like you do is silly.  Self love is not about obstinance, it's about pragmatism.  And  anybody who demands that the world accepts them exactly as they are, is in for a rude awkaening. Self improvement can take a person far in this world. 

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

@SpeakHerTruthOh pulleeze.  Blindly defending and agreeing with everything that people who look like you do is silly.  Self love is not about obstinance, it's about pragmatism.  And  anybody who demands that the world accepts them exactly as they are, is in for a rude awkaening. Self improvement can take a person far in this world. 

Who said anything about blindly defending or agreeing with people who look like you? Is that the only options to you? Blindly defend or throw under a bus?

Who said to demand anything from the world? Commanding respect and not being ashamed of who you are doesn't mean you demand anything.

These boards giving you flashbacks or something? Because you arguing points not even there.😂 So wild.

Ima go ahead and stop debating you because all you do is bring in assumptions just to win imaginary points not even being made. 

The question is, do we really WANT "Black Unity".

I've said over and over again that there are a LOT of Black people I have absolutely no desire to unite with.
I'd like them as far away from me and my community as possible.

And my rejection of them has little to do with religion, sexual preference, tribal affiliation, or some of the other petty things many Black people argue and fight with eachother over.
My rejection of other Black people are over self destructive and strongly immoral activities like being a murder, a rapist, a child molester, a dope dealer, an informant to White racists, etc......characteristics that would destroy any community these people are found in.
I do NOT with to unite with those people until or unless they REPENT and REFORM of their wickedness.

8 hours ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

@Pioneer1 Most decent people know better than to unite with the indecent and awful.

Problem is, most people think THEY are decent themselves....so they aren't a good judge.

I know thugs and gangsters who've hurt people....yet they think THEY are better than some dude who snitched on them to the police who didn't commit a fraction of the violence they committed.  Their morals and ethics are warped.

We need set standards of morality and ethics and those who don't measure up shouldn't be allowed in our community UNLESS or UNTIL they reform themselves and meet those standards.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 3:39 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The question is, do we really WANT "Black Unity".

I've said over and over again that there are a LOT of Black people I have absolutely no desire to unite with.
I'd like them as far away from me and my community as possible.

And my rejection of them has little to do with religion, sexual preference, tribal affiliation, or some of the other petty things many Black people argue and fight with eachother over.
My rejection of other Black people are over self destructive and strongly immoral activities like being a murder, a rapist, a child molester, a dope dealer, an informant to White racists, etc......characteristics that would destroy any community these people are found in.
I do NOT with to unite with those people until or unless they REPENT and REFORM of their wickedness.

I agree with you. That's actually my point of view, which I was afraid to express for some time. I was ashamed that I don't want to have a unity with some black people. But I think it's ok, why should I except murderer, for example, to my community

• Thanks 1

Self Hate is a condition in which Racism is Socialized and  Internalized.

If you are African Born and Raised in a Westernized (Americas) Society or former colonial country, Then Self Hate is the default setting of your Mind set....as Racism is for Europeans.

The First step to unravelling this is......Learning Your History and Second Educating Our Children Ourselves.

Black Self hate is a Necessity for White Supremacy to continue to Exist.

Self hate robs you of Meaning and Purpose.....Life then becomes insecure and the future blighted.

Black self hate is supported by...Mass Media's perpetual publication of Black Caricature, Stereotyping and Social Stigmatism as Memes News or Entertainment.

For and to which most blacks are inadequately prepared to respond to or handle well especially since exposure begins at and pre birth.

23 hours ago, frankster said:

Self Hate is a condition in which Racism is Socialized and  Internalized.

If you are African Born and Raised in a Westernized (Americas) Society or former colonial country, Then Self Hate is the default setting of your Mind set....as Racism is for Europeans.

While you're correct in assessing the ORIGINS of self-hate, the CONSEQUENCES of it are often harmful and deadly to those being victimized by one filled with self hatred.
And often have to be avoided or dealt with for one's very own survival.

33 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

While you're correct in assessing the ORIGINS of self-hate,

True

the CONSEQUENCES of it are often harmful and deadly to those being victimized by one filled with self hatred.

True

And often have to be avoided or dealt with for one's very own survival.

If Resources are available then they should be Educated on Strategies and Skills to deal with Self hate

12 hours ago, frankster said:

Mass Media's perpetual publication of Black Caricature, Stereotyping and Social Stigmatism as Memes News or Entertainment.

For and to which most blacks are inadequately prepared to respond to or handle well especially since exposure begins at and pre birth.

Preach!

Seriously, as @Pioneer1 suggested I actively avoid a lot of media because i realized the impact on me. This is also why my pop-culture-quotient is so low 😉

Some people can consume hours of social media and TV each day and feel they are not being impacted. I think they are deluding themselves.

One could make a strong argument that no one under 18  should not be allowed to watch tv or use social media. I knew a family that did this with their children. At the time i thought it was draconian, but now  i understand. These were also very wealthy people.