Eric Adams continuing the legacy of obama of courted black elected officials by the monied black community

I had to look up Drill Music too @Chevdove.  After listening to a couple of songs there was nothing I could identify, sonically, that was particularly distinguishing from the rest of the rap out there.  I guess I will have to do some more research to learn what to listen for.

Is there an icon Drill music song or artist?  You know like Chuck Brown for Go-Go?

Eric Adams should arguably be described as a hip-hop mayor, though his years in a leadership role of the Po-Po, would always make him suspect though...

• Like 2

My pleasure @Chevdove

In defense ICe T has a long existence in the hip hop community  @ProfD your right, he is from california, but he is respected in said community.

@Troy how do you define a hip hop mayor? If someone wants to become the hip hop mayor of chicago, what will they have to do to be described as such in your view?

• Like 1

I see... @Troy that explains it all, Olayemi defines a hip hop mayor as someone who comprehends the culture of hip hop which she proved adams doesn't. I myself, have no idea, and don't see adams as that. I see adams or dinkins as black mayors. You say it is the swagger. All three definitions correctly applied.  yes, dinkins is from the older black, more DOS than Caribbean or Continental or Modern Immigrant in all earnest, community in harlem. I have gone by where he lived many times.