Deja Taylor, Mother of 6-Year Old School Teacher Shooter in Virginia, is charged

Deja Taylor, Mother of 6-Year Old School Teacher Shooter in Virginia, is Charged

spacer.png

This case is heated! I believe that this case will cause a lot of controversy! I know that I have so many questions that concern me. My first thoughts are that, as a school teacher myself, how should I feel if the law does not offer the teacher adequate relief? She was shot by a kid and she could be dead right now! He shot her in her abdomen! 

What about other young school shooters such as the Parkland Shooter, was his mother charged? 

The videos that show the mother, Deja Taylor's comments, only makes me more shocked! She was interviewed by GMA and, well, I watched it multiple times because I just could not believe what I was hearing! Apparently, about a week prior to this school shooting, Deja Taylor, had to attend school with her son, EVERYDAY! But, she explained that she had gotten another doctor for her son, and did not have to attend classes with her son anymore. So, she stopped going a week before the shooting! 

On GMA, Deja explained that two days before the shooting, her son became angry with the teacher when he tried to explain something to her. The teacher told him to go to his seat, and Deja said that her son threw his hands up and 'ACCIDENTALLY' knocked the teachers cell phone out of her hand. But the teacher's lawsuit stated that the boy slammed the cell phone down so hard that it cracked. For this incedent the child was suspended. But obviously, he was allowed to come back to school and now, he did more than just throw his hands up and knock ther phone out of her hand! WHAT!? I was a teacher! When the teacher told him to go sit down--that is where I stopped listening to the rest of Deja's rendition!

What!? The kid needed to explain something to the teacher to the point that he needed to get up out of his seat and approach her while she is also expected to instruct other students!? I just can't believe this. Our society rewards bad behavior. This is so crazy. 

Deja lost custody of ther son who his now in the custody of her father [grandfather?] and he was alos interviewed. He mentioned that he feels that if the shooter was White and the teacher was Black, then the attention this story is getting would not be as much. I am shaking my head. I absolutely understand what he is saying, however, the fact that the teacher was shot by a child, just shocks me. There is no excuse for this kind of situation. If a child is raped by a pedophile, I don't care whether the Devil is White or Black. 

And another question, well, again I have a lot of questions. Where is the father!? 

Why is the mother the only one charged with this crime?

How in the world did a child that young get access to his mother's gun!?

The mother said the child is ADHD and she describes is wild behavior. I hope that someone can imagine what I am thinking on this score! LOL. 

Edited by Chevdove
clarification
  • Thanks 1

No doubt about it, the mother is being charged because both she and her son are Black.

When it comes to mental health issues, the community i.e. all parents. family members, friends and associates need to be honest and realistic when it comes to identifying potential psychopaths.

1) The mother knew her son had mental health issues.  She had no business with having a gun in the house.  

2) The child should have been in an alternative school that was better equipped to deal with his issues.

Unfortunate things will happen to innocent people as long as we  try to normalize folks with mental health issues and/or pretend they don't exist.

Also, there is a reason the US has done away with mental heath facilities and built more prisons. 

That little boy is headed to prison one way or another.  They're going to send his mom too.  2 for 1.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

2) The child should have been in an alternative school that was better equipped to deal with his issues.

@ProfD I completely forgot about this! Alternative schools! Yes, that is now a big question for me to think about. Why didn't the administration reject him from being in that school and recommend him to be put in an alternative school!?

This is what Deja's attorney was getting at as well. He said that the school accepted the child so, why would the mother be prosecuted when it was their responsibility to direct that child to an alternative school? However, after the fact and the deed is done, yes, the mother should be held responsible for allowing her child to be able to access that gun and then use it. 

The GMA interview was about 2 minutes longer on another site and it was said that child had only been in public school last year for 2 months in Kindergarten and then the year before that, he was only in school for 2 months in Pre-K. So, I can see that the COVID epidemic also becomes a factor too! 

The mother was stuck with her own child and could not send him out to 'public school day care center' for the teachers to deal with and he may have gotten on her nerves. 

Also the 'grandfather' is the mother's grandfather and in that other interview he said that he was the child's Great grandfather. So, it seems that the young mother may not have had a nurturing mother in her life as well, imo. So, the Great grandfather is the one to have custody. 

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Also, there is a reason the US has done away with mental heath facilities and built more prisons. 

Never considered this! 

Here is another case where the student was videoed attacking a teacher. In this case the teacher was an older AFrican American woman and the student was also Black. The attack was brutal and the law did prosecute this teenager. The teacher confiscated the teens cell phone and it was for this reason that teen attacked the teacher. 

I understand why Deja Taylor's grandfather would probably believe that if the child was White, he would not be prosecuted for shooting a Black teacher, but times are changing now so, I suppose if the situation is bad enough to get public outcry, the law may be pressed to deal with Black-on-Black issues and White aggression against school teachers. Honestly though, it's been my experience that like this teacher, it's the mostly Black students that attack Black teachers but it's not usual for them to attack White teachers. And, I have had to deal with White students that have racist behaviors many times against me and Black students too, but I've not been physically theatened as I have by Black students.

I would be surprised if that same Black student would have attacked a White teacher under the same circumstance that she lashed out at that Black teacher. 

I agree that the only reasons they mother is being charged is because both her and her son are AfroAmerican so they can essentially get two birds with one stone.

I figured the child was Black because they kept talking about it in the news over and over again and since they couldn't show the kid.....being so young.....they had to let the world know they were Black somehow; so they decide to show the mother as much as possible to let you know the child was Black.

Not just in cases like this, but even in cases where mothers have suffered from the loss of their children these racist prosecutors often STILL end up charging them.

Look at all of the cases where a space heater is accidentally knocked over and starts a fire killing nearly all of the children.  They could care less about the guilt and depression and grief the mother is going through after just losing all of her children.  Their focus is on getting the mother snatched up off the street so they can confiscate her belongings and even the house if she owned it.

• Like 1

Six years old. What is that first grade? This little boy got a loaded gun from his house, safety off, carried to school in his Ninja Turtle back pack, pulled it out, aimed it at his teacher , pulled the trigger and shot her! 

Sorry,  the mother, and the person she  brought the gun from, should be imprisoned. 

Anyone remember being 6? How many people did you shoot to kill at that age.

They better keep an eye on that little kid. He is dangerous.

• Like 2

@Troy

Thank you. Some common sense is finally brought to this issue. The mother did need to be arrested as well as the person who sold the firearm to her. 

I feel for her. My niece is a teacher for the hard-of-hearing. She loves her job and taught both her son and daughter to sign. Chevdove is a teacher. We do not need childhood instructors harmed. 

I don't remember being six, Troy. That has to be back in the Mesozoic Era

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 1:03 PM, Chevdove said:

Deja Taylor, Mother of 6-Year Old School Teacher Shooter in Virginia, is Charged

spacer.png

This case is heated! I believe that this case will cause a lot of controversy! I know that I have so many questions that concern me. My first thoughts are that, as a school teacher myself, how should I feel if the law does not offer the teacher adequate relief? She was shot by a kid and she could be dead right now! He shot her in her abdomen! 

What about other young school shooters such as the Parkland Shooter, was his mother charged? 

The videos that show the mother, Deja Taylor's comments, only makes me more shocked! She was interviewed by GMA and, well, I watched it multiple times because I just could not believe what I was hearing! Apparently, about a week prior to this school shooting, Deja Taylor, had to attend school with her son, EVERYDAY! But, she explained that she had gotten another doctor for her son, and did not have to attend classes with her son anymore. So, she stopped going a week before the shooting! 

On GMA, Deja explained that two days before the shooting, her son became angry with the teacher when he tried to explain something to her. The teacher told him to go to his seat, and Deja said that her son threw his hands up and 'ACCIDENTALLY' knocked the teachers cell phone out of her hand. But the teacher's lawsuit stated that the boy slammed the cell phone down so hard that it cracked. For this incedent the child was suspended. But obviously, he was allowed to come back to school and now, he did more than just throw his hands up and knock ther phone out of her hand! WHAT!? I was a teacher! When the teacher told him to go sit down--that is where I stopped listening to the rest of Deja's rendition!

What!? The kid needed to explain something to the teacher to the point that he needed to get up out of his seat and approach her while she is also expected to instruct other students!? I just can't believe this. Our society rewards bad behavior. This is so crazy. 

Deja lost custody of ther son who his now in the custody of her father [grandfather?] and he was alos interviewed. He mentioned that he feels that if the shooter was White and the teacher was Black, then the attention this story is getting would not be as much. Besides this I decided to do a writing for college, which will be for sociology, it seems to me a very interesting subject, but I find it very difficult to write, that's why I decided to go to see post; because there are a lot of free essay exmaples that help me every day to write for college. I find this case very interesting and special, that's why I chose it. I am shaking my head. I absolutely understand what he is saying, however, the fact that the teacher was shot by a child, just shocks me. There is no excuse for this kind of situation. If a child is raped by a pedophile, I don't care whether the Devil is White or Black. 

And another question, well, again I have a lot of questions. Where is the father!? 

Why is the mother the only one charged with this crime?

How in the world did a child that young get access to his mother's gun!?

The mother said the child is ADHD and she describes is wild behavior. I hope that someone can imagine what I am thinking on this score! LOL. 

I'm actually glad this one hasn't been overlooked and forgotten, I know many cases where the villain has remained at large.

• Like 1