Jordan Neely Executed on a NYC Subway

Please explain to me how brotha Jordan Neely was executed by strangulation on a subway train at the hands of a white guy.

I find it hard to believe there were no AfroAmerican men on the train.

If AfroAmerican men were on the train, why didn't they intervene and save Jordan Neely's life.

The AfroAmerican District Attorney took his time bringing charges against the murderer. AfroAmerican elected leaders haven't shown any outrage. AfroAmerican people are silent. 

Every time one of these white folks kills a black person it sends a message to the rest of them that they can get away with murder.

Black folks need to get over their fear of whites and become real serious about self-defense and being able to take care of themselves and by extension each other. 😎

ProfD

The sad truth is, even if they were on that train a lot of AfroAmerican men simply wouldn't have intervened for many reasons.
Some could have cared less what happened to another person, let alone another Black man.
Some would have cared but would have been too scared.
Others would have actually thought that's what brutha Jordan "deserved" for getting on the train and "acting a fool"
But then there are others who probably WOULD have intervened.
From what I saw in the video, there was some sort of dude of color.....look like he had some Black in him....helping the White dude to hold Jordan down and some have speculated that he may have been Latino or Caribbean.  
In New York.....the percentage of FBA is relatively low compared to other Afro-lineaged groups.

Another sad truth is.....you see SO MANY of our bruthas acting a fool in public, you get tired of it.
Coast to coast you'll see homeless Black men and bruthas from the streets getting on trains and hanging out in malls and other public areas clowning and acting crazy.
Begging for money, messing with women, threatening folks, etc....not that other demographics DON'T do this....but you don't see them doing it at the same rate.
It gets to the point that the public starts loosing sympathy for a lot of these bruthas, so it feeds the demand for "White vigilantism".  When a White man comes along acting like a superhero or Charles Bronson "Death Wish" type.....the public often takes HIS side because they're fed up with savage behavior.

I personally blame the City of New York and the United States Government for this because they are responsible for the well being of their citizens and providing decent housing for those who can't provide it for themselves.....and instead they're giving billions away to Ukraine abroad and giving apartments and hotel rooms away to illegal immigrants here!

@Pioneer1, Black folks aren't running around as vigilantes killing racists and potential mass shooters and Karens.

No matter how dysfunctional a Black person may seem to be, America is supposed to be a nation of laws.

Like anybody else, when a Black person breaks the law, there's an avenue to deal with it. White vigilantism is not the answer.

But, the racism white supremacy playbook remains the same. They paint a negative picture of the victim. OTOH, the murderer is portrayed as a hero.

No human being deserves to be mistreated. Those who may be suffering from some form of mental illness need the most help.

The bottom line is no Black person will be safe if white vigilantes can kill or injure us and get away with it. Black folks don't deserve that under any circumstance.😎

16 minutes ago, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, Black folks aren't running around as vigilantes killing racists and potential mass shooters and Karens.

No matter how dysfunctional a Black person may seem to be, America is supposed to be a nation of laws.

Like anybody else, when a Black person breaks the law, there's an avenue to deal with it. White vigilantism is not the answer.

But, the racism white supremacy playbook remains the same. They paint a negative picture of the victim. OTOH, the murderer is portrayed as a hero.

No human being deserves to be mistreated. Those who may be suffering from some form of mental illness need the most help.

The bottom line is no Black person will be safe if white vigilantes can kill or injure us and get away with it. Black folks don't deserve that under any circumstance.😎

Well.......
The facts are brutha, maybe Black folks SHOULD be running around being vigil in their communities and protecting them from White racists.
Many AfroAmericans don't have a problem with killing EACHOTHER.....so it's not like our community is some peace loving non-violent pacifists who don't believe in stepping on ants and cockroaches....lol. 
No...niggas PICK AND CHOOSE who they want to kill and who they don't.
They simply don't see the White racist as their enemy, too often they see ANOTHER BLACK PERSON as their enemy.

Like you said, the racism White "supremacy" playbook remains the same.
They are justifying the killing of Black people today as they did yesterday and centuries before.....so they are consistent.
Why so many of our people haven't and aren't learning this speaks of a much bigger problem than racism, if you ask me.

And no---AfroAmericans AREN'T safe from White vigilantes, which is not a new thing.
When WAS our community safe from White people who decided to take the law in their own hands?
Our community won't BE safe from them until either a Divine action takes place that protects us and/or Black folks start protecting OURSELVES from them AND the degenerates in our own community (who currently pose a bigger threat in my opinion); which is what we should have been doing for the past 50 years or so anyway.

17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

When WAS our community safe from White people who decided to take the law in their own hands?

See, therein lies *my* skewed perspective.

I grew up in Washington DC when it was a Chocolate City. Despite our negative ills (gangs, drugs and murders), we were NEVER afraid of white folks nor threatened by them. 

Even today, in DC, there's No WAY in h8ll that a Black person would be strangled to death on a subway by a white man.

Around here, even the most dysfunctional n8gglets aren't indifferent when it to outsiders coming against AfroAmericans. They see white folks as enemies.

Many *other* people of color are indifferent to AfroAmericans. We definitely cannot consider them allies.😎

Pioneer1 makes a very important point about the lack of sympathy black people have for each other. To the extent blacks will write off white racist violence against other blacks they believe misbehave in public or make " the black people look bad." All of us no matter our race or class don't like to be bothered or inconvenienced by homeless people who are often mentally ill or addicted to drugs and alcohol. We disdain them. If they are perceived as disruptive or a threat force or violence is welcomed.

Let me be honest and confessional for a moment. I have a certain contempt for people standing around begging for money. Whether they have signs or hang out around businesses. I try not to give them money if possible although I do sometimes. I used to be more willing to. But to the extent I have always worked and had two or three jobs in some cases. Healthy able-bodied men panhandling make me really mad. I realize many of them might actually be addicts or mentally sick, but that's not everybody, however. It's not always easy to discern, and i'm sorry to say I don't try in many cases.

Our political leaders have got to be held accountable. At the same time however, maybe I just need to be more compassionate too. But, make no mistake what happened to Jordan Neely was wrong to say the least. I hope Daniel Peters goes to jail for a long time.

• Thanks 1

When I was growing up in one of America's Blackest cities I almost NEVER saw homeless Black people.

Hundreds of thousands of Black folks, some of them were drug addicts and winos but it seemed if most of them had SOMEWHERE to lay their heads.
Somewhere to crash while they were running the streets.

There were a lot of mentally ill people back then as there are today, but back when I was a kid atleast you still had a lot of mental hospitals that institutionalized them.
I remember as a kid some people could even "check themselves into" some of these hospitals voluntarily.

Most of the homeless I DID see were near downtown and were mostly  White men and a FEW Black men with dreadlocks.

The explosion of homeless Black folks really began after 2007 during that "Housing/Economic Crisis".  A lot of AfroAmericans lost their homes and were kicked out or forced to foreclose.

@KENNETH, you're not alone mayne.😁

Despite that I give money to Black folks, panhandling unnerves me too. 

I never give to white folks begging as I believe they're wasting their white skin. 🤣

@Pioneer1, homelessness wasn't an issue when I was growing up either.

Folks who preferred to be on the street could go home especially when it got too cold outside.

IMO, the closing of mentL institutions, reduction in welfare and free housing and building of prisons accelerated homelessness in America especially for AfroAmericans.

Most AfroAmericans know a Jordan Neely  or three and that most of them while nerve-wracking....they're harmless. That's another reason why AfroAmericans failed him. 😎

10 hours ago, ProfD said:

AfroAmerican people are silent. 

African Americans need a platform (more than one really) that we own and most importantly use as a source for information and news.

I don't think Black people have been silent -- y'all haven't been. Seriously, where do y'all get your news?  How would you know how the Black community has voiced their concern on this killing?  Are you relying on white folks to provide this information to you?

I've probably ridden the NYC subway more than anyone on this forum, and I can't honestly tell you how I would have reacted.

In the 70s, when the subway was a dystopian hellscape, you learned to mind your business. It was a survival tactic.  When people started getting in each other's faces I would get up a move to another car.  Breaking up an altercation between to grown men would not have occurred to me.

Homelessness in our cities is a problem, though I'm not sure what this has to do with this killing.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

African Americans need a platform (more than one really) that we own and most importantly use as a source for information and news.

The New Black Media does exist. Of course, it's hosted by another white platform. 

Otherwise, AfroAmericans seem to use F'Book, I'Gram, Twit, Tok, etc., when they want to spread gossip and entertainment.  Maybe AfroAmericans should use those platforms more constructively.

If our *news* gets banned or pulled down from those sites, hopefully, it will spark the AfroAmerican community to leave those platforms and invest in one that serves our interests and concerns. 

*We* have to stop waiting on *them* to do for *us*.😎

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Homelessness in our cities is a problem, though I'm not sure what this has to do with this killing.

Jordan Neely was homeless.

The CLAIM was that he got on the train acting crazy; asking for food and something to drink and talking about he didn't want to live anymore.
Again, this was what he ALLEGEDLY did before a White man snuck up from behind him and put him in a choke hold.

ProfD

I'm quite familiar with the New Black Media and listen to them on an almost daily basis.
But I must admit, I often wonder if they're being funded by the Republican Party in part.

Besides being pro-FBA, most of the participants seem to share the same theme of being anti-Black immigrant, anti-Democrat Party, anti-Biden/Harris, and not a big fan of voting and voter's rights.
They also seem to be strongly against the "old guard" of Black leadership like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, although they tend to be very careful not to go anywhere near criticizing Minister Farrakhan....lol

@Pioneer1, I think the New Black Media (NBM) calls out those who are hustling AfroAmericans and roadblocks to Black self-awareness and empowerment.

I don't believe NBM is being funded by either political party. But, I'm willing to bet they borh have operatives who are listening.😎

@Troy, the New Black Media is internet-based and consists of voices like Boyce Watkins, Tariq Nasheed,  Jason Black and Professor Black Truth to name a few.  These folks are heavily pro-AfroAmerican, FBA, ADOS, etc.  They post videos on Y'Tube and do podcasts.

@Pioneer1 might be willing to shed more light since he listens every day.😎

Ok, that is not what I’m talking about. I tought you were talking about a news organization. Those guys are fine but they are not what I’m talking about when it comes to producing daily journalism on issues of relevance to Black people.

I for example i learned about Jordan’s killing through word of mouth, here, and on a YouTube video all of this is basically gossip. I honestly don’t know what actually happened. Im in New York and a couple of people here understand why the guy was choked and don’t feel the intent was to murder the guy.

i could probably check a variety of different sources and cobble together something close to the truth, but I don’t have the time or desire to do that.

Where do you go to get news that is not opinions based,  but fact checked reporting?

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Where do you go to get news that is not opinions based,  but fact checked reporting?

I read, watch and listen to a variety of sources between local papers, local news channels, cable TV, satellite radio and internet. 

In fact, I probably consume more news than music nowadays.  Thankfully, I can sit down and play whenever I need an escape.😁😎

@Troy the answer to your question is no where. The why is in parts. 

First it is expensive. The news has various places. Sports/Law enforcement/Municipal or government news/financial news/ or other. 

Financial or Sports provide more facts because of the betting environment of sports or the tax environment of finance. But even they provide little.  But law enforcement , Neely's case is hard for facts. The testimony of witnesses is not facts. The video is facts. The audio recordings are facts. But, very little facts exist in said cases and news reporters looking for facts are not detective's or investigators or lawyers, who must trust opinions of eyewitnesses or law enforcers or the accussed for their job to accuse or defend in or out of court. A news paper filled with facts will have to have a lot more reporters going around, which means higher salary. Cause you are not going to fill the average new york times daily , take out the op-ed section , with facts from the same quantity of stories, you will need far more reporters which is very expensive. 

Second, the modern audience or readership in the usa at the least, has been trained to love gossipy -opinion based news. Richard Murray News will not take over the news world in terms of readership even if the money is spent for a newspaper plus website equivalent to the scale of the new york times or wall street journal. So this is a money pit. Who invests in a losing financial venture absent some media hook that a newspaper doesn't have? 

Third, it is the heritage of the news industry. Hearst like the early internet websites and the financiers who manipulated them, took a communication medium, newspapers or the internet and groomed it to be less quality. This is why some are fearful of computer programs labeled falsely artificial intelligence. Human beings with money are the ones who guide new technologies and rarely do they guide them to anything but their profit gardless of the damage of using a tool so poorly. Newspapers are one of many tools that fit that category of misused. 

ProfD

I don't believe NBM is being funded by either political party. But, I'm willing to bet they borh have operatives who are listening

Perhaps, but I definitely hear an anti-Democrat slant in most NBM presentations.  And they rarely criticize Trump, which also makes me a bit suspicious of their ultimate intentions.

Although they're correct that the Democrat Party has been taking Black voters for granted for far too long, the truth is...all they need for the Republicans to win any state or national election is to just get the Black voters to not vote period.

They don't have to vote Republican...just don't vote at all.

the New Black Media is internet-based and consists of voices like Boyce Watkins, Tariq Nasheed,  Jason Black and Professor Black Truth to name a few.  These folks are heavily pro-AfroAmerican, FBA, ADOS, etc.  They post videos on Y'Tube and do podcasts.

@Pioneer1 might be willing to shed more light since he listens every day

Sheeeeeyit, you pretty much covered it....lol.

Troy

Unfortunately you don't have a lot of AfroAmerican news organizations like that on television OR online.

Too many of our people are easily given over to emotionalism and sensationalism.  They want strong opinion and a lot of emotion and hyperbole in the information they get.  
Hard core "true" journalism is often too bland, nuanced, and dull for a lot of our people.  Especially those who aren't well educated and can't understand what's being said.

Many if not most AfroAmericans don't want to think for themselves on some issues.  

They want to be TOLD what to think.
They want YOU to tell them "this man is good" and "this woman is bad"...then back those accusations up with details.

Put a raw natural person out there as they are with the good and the bad....not only is it too boring but it's also too hard to neatly tuck them into a category of like/dislike or support/don't support.  

On 5/14/2023 at 2:33 AM, ProfD said:

Black folks need to get over their fear of whites and become real serious about self-defense and being able to take care of themselves and by extension each other. 😎

Maybe one day!?

Anyway, WOW, I did not realize what had happen until I read your thread @ProfD

I saw the name pop up in media but I had completely ignored it until now.

I am shocked. It seems like another situation just like what happened to the late George Floyd.

This is deeply depressing. After I read this, I spoke about it to my husband. He had a delayed reaction.

At first, he did not know what I was talking about, but in less than five minutes, he began to relay 

all of the details, proving that he knew about it, read about it, but never brought it to the forefront of his mind.

On 5/14/2023 at 8:31 AM, ProfD said:

This is just what happened to Trayvon Martin and he was a teenager, only 17 years old. 

Jordan Neely was 14 years old and endured his mother who was murdered by an abusive man.

Obviously, this was overwhelming for him. I wonder if there were any signals that were ignored before his

mother was murdered. I have no faith in America when it comes to dealing with Black-on-Black crime either.

I think this LAISSEZ-FAIR approach taken against Black-on-Black crime is the number one problem in a White dominated system.

Only when the criminal act is obvious will this government step in but barely. 

20 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Human beings with money are the ones who guide new technologies and rarely do they guide them to anything but their profit gardless of the damage of using a tool so poorly.

Yes! @richardmurrayI understand this! Maybe we need Tokyo Rose up in this crisis, or maybe WION! Maybe we need some hardcore reporters in the African Diaspora forum or something. Black Americans need to get a better voice outside of America on a continuing basis, I suppose.  

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, richardmurray said:

media needs more quality:) that is 100% true, but that will require money and effort with little financial return

This is probably true, the sad truth. However, it effort is put into these situations, the financial return will come eventually and in various ways, I believe @richardmurray

When I think about this, I also think about the CRM and how it took off. I was told by older men who had been in the military that the CRM actually started due to Black men coming back from the Korean War and this completely surprised me. I had never heard of that before! I even graduated from an HBCU and never heard of that until after I joined a book club and was invited to sit at the table with AfroAmerican Islamic men. I was also told at this time that the song TAPS became famous due to the many Black men that had been killed. Man! And so, I reseached and found out that the brother was right! 

I said this because, I believe that even though there might be little financial return in having a good media source right now, eventually, there should be a decent return. As a result of the CRM, many Black people who had been oppressed were able to get jobs, better education, and etc. 

AND ON THIS SAME NOTE:

Did anyone read and here about a Black man named RASHEED CARTER!!! 

My heart ache's for what he endured. He was murdered last year, but nevetheless, I feel that the media is watering it down and providing mild phrases like, 'He was allegedly killed' and such like. He was murdered! 

Apparently, he was a cook and had beef with his supervisor and this led to him being pursued for days.

He went to his mother and told her and then she told him to go to the police.

He went to the police and told them that he was being chased by three (3) truck loads of White men.

He then told his mother if anything happens to me, you know who did it.

Then, he went missing.

After a month, the remains of his body was found in pieces in certain areas in Mississippi.

spacer.png

Deer camera footage captured a shirtless Rasheem Carter in the Mississippi woods on October 2, 2022 — the day his mother reported him missing.  Rasheem Carter family handout

• Rasheem Carter was seen on a trail camera shirtless on the day he was reported missing.
  • The Black man's mother told Insider she believes the image shows Carter was "running for his life." 
  • A local sheriff says no one else was with Carter in the footage and that there's no evidence yet he was murdered.

The mother of the 25-year-old man whose remains were found a month after he disappeared told Insider on Wednesday that the wildlife camera image of her son shows that "something was wrong" and that he was "running for his life."

"You could see there are bruises on him," Carter's mother, Tiffany Carter, told Insider of the October 2, 2022 image with a time stamp of 4:32 p.m. "When I see that picture, I know my son was somewhere struggling, somewhere running for his life."

https://www.insider.com/rasheem-carter-trail-camera-photo-before-missing-death-mother-2023-3

Unless one has actually lived in New York City and ridden its subways for years, you have no clue what can happen underground.

People are terrified of altercations, especially in subway cars where one cannot walk into an adjoining car. From all news and witness reports, I agree that Jordan Neely did not pose a physical threat. But few subway riders enjoy a person who appears disheveled screaming. The randomness unnerves them. Most are trying to get to work or go to school. 

This is the reason subway terrorist Frank James engendered such notoriety. But he had been nutty for a long time and simply chose the NYC subway to pull his nonsense. There is nothing funny or admirable about an individual shouting incoherently in any subway. But I don't believe Neely should have been killed. And the amount of money donated to the man who cost him his life is further proof of what I have saying all along: White Supremacy never went away. 

Nothing, except massive government and private intervention, will curb homelessness in NYC and other big cities. 

• Like 1

What happened to our brother Rasheem Carter down in Mississippi is a CRYING shame.
To know that Black men are still being lynched the old fashioned way by mobs of White racists is so sad and angering.

They said they found his skull with half of it sewn off!
So it seems to me if they were trying to remove his brain, or atleast part of it.
Sounds like something out of "Get Out".

• Like 1

I kept telling folks that White Supremacy never went away. And I was appalled that some people who, up until that point, I respected, disagreed angrily.

Many of you don't know much or aware of nuances to issues because you fail read news wires or the synopsis of national stories in local papers. 

19 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Many of you don't know much or aware of nuances to issues because you fail read news wires or the synopsis of national stories in local papers. 

I understand your point of view.  I realize you're not impressed with the readership here. 

Again, I'd be slightly curious to know what makes you come back to this particular discussion forum.😎

• Haha 1

@ProfD

Oh, you must be pissed off that I exist. I am on several discussion and news forums and boards. 

I am keenly interested on how others think or prove silly.

What? Do you think your unproven analysis should go unchallenged?

Foolish man. Pay no attention to me. Go back and raise scads of money for a golden statue of your crack addict Mayor whom you lionize so fervently.

10 minutes ago, Stefan said:

@ProfD

Oh, you must be pissed off that I exist. I am on several discussion and news forums and boards. 

I am keenly interested on how others think or prove silly.

What? Do you think your unproven analysis should go unchallenged?

Foolish man. Pay no attention to me. Go back and raise scads of money for a golden statue of your crack addict Mayor whom you lionize so fervently.

Absolutely not.  I appreciate everyone's contribution to the discussion regardless of whether or not I agree.

Along the same lines, I have no problem whatsoever in having my opinions challenged.  Constructive dialog is good.

There is no need for me to raise money for DC's Mayor for Life.  His legacy has already been cemented. 

Regardless of Marion Barry's flaws as mortal man, there is a reason he was beloved by a couple generations of Black people. 😎

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

...White Supremacy never went away.

That is the reason AALBC.com, and any other platform elevating Black people has to exist.

But we also have to acknowledge, that things have improved -- greatly.  Neely would not only have been executed with total impunity his mere presence on the train would have been sufficient justification.

@ProfD, obviously Barry was revered, he was a man of the people.  Considering the was setup tells you he was a threat to those do not want to see a leader rise amongst Black people.  This is how I knew Obama was the safest President to hold the office. 

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

@ProfD, obviously Barry was revered, he was a man of the people.  Considering the was setup tells you he was a threat to those do not want to see a leader rise amongst Black people.  

True that.  Unfortunately, some folks would rather focus on his transgressions. Thankfully, those people are in the minority.  Definitely won't find too many if any in Washington DC.😎

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stefan said:

ProfD think this dead man should be lionized. I don't. 

I do not recall writing that Mayor Barry should be lionized. That's not my style.

However, I did write that mayor Barry's legacy is cemented in Washington DC. 

IOW, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about him.😎

23 hours ago, Stefan said:

In the beginning, yeah. But he ended becoming a punch line on many comedy shows. That's how the world is. 

ProfD think this dead man should be lionized. I don't. 

I remember the dismay over Andrew Gillum when those hotel photos surfaced. 

"This dead man"........????

I won't accuse you of hating Marion Barry, but my question is besides cheating on his wife and using an illegal drug.....what makes Barry such an "evil" person in YOUR opinion?

Besides a few personal transgressions, who has he actually HARMED????

@Pioneer1

Find the quote where I called Marion Barry an evil man. Stop making chit up.

Do you know what your problem is? You enjoy hurling childish accusations but don't understand a friggin' thing. It's all part of your unseemly ego where you think you're so intelligent, Black people need to bow down to your brilliance.

The man was corrupt! He simply changed the people who benefited from that corruption. I prefer people who at least try to remain above board. 

Barry was a high profile Black politician, who like many folks in the public eye, suffered personal failings. At times, he was simply embarrassing when viewed through the prism of U.S. political history.  Unlike Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., Barry smoked crack. Just the kind of person parents will want to hold up as an example. 

The inside poop on Marion Barry

On 6/19/2023 at 12:05 PM, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1 to rasheem carter, please keep up researching that story, i will love to know why the exact physical violence, it does sound like GET OUT

Ok, I'll try to dig up more info on what happened to our brother.

Sad situation down there in Mississippi.

• Like 1