Earth's environment is bad - I mean really bad

Forget Green Comets, evil aliens and even raging White Supremacists. We're too busy destroying the Earth ourselves.

According to a new study, Earth has pushed past seven out of eight scientifically established safe limits for life.

We are now heading into “the danger zone,” not just for an overheating planet that’s losing its natural areas, but for the well-being of human beings, according to a study published in the magazine Nature on May 31, 2023.

There are several of these studies out on the Internet right now. The trick is finding an analysis of one that does not require a Ph.D in Science and Biology to read and understand. I’ll try this one:

https://www.telegraphindia.com/world/planet-earths-limitations-at-stake-due-to-excessive-demands-of-human-beings/cid/1941677

But here's the link that seems to be the easiest read: 

We've passed seven out if eight safe limits

As I have mentioned before, the Earth has been around for 5 billion years.  It is on schedule to be around for 5 billion years. 

However, human beings (Homo Sapiens) have only been around about 190,000 years. 

Our time on the planet is a blip in the grand scheme of things.   Enjoy the ride. 

Planet Earth will take care of itself even if it means getting rid of mankind.😎

@ProfD, that fact makes the fact that dinosaurs survived for so long amazing!

@Stefan, the original study is not too difficult to understand or at Least get the gist https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06083-8   No need to write off to remain capable of supporting human life just yet.  We need to understand that "...stability and resilience of the Earth system and human well-being are inseparably linked..." (Emphasis mine)

• Like 1

White folks have been sounding the alarm about the world is ending and that humanity is coming to an end for THOUSANDS of years.

Even back during New Testament times you had folks running around half naked with their hair nappy and beards grown out screaming and yelling that
"The Kingdom of the Lord is at hand....the End is near!!!"

image.png.fbddb34be748d8c3566dea43b6f403f9.png

"Repent!
 Repent!
The kingdom is at hand!!!!
The end is nigh....repent!!!"

And that was THOUSANDS of years ago.
NOW look at the fool:

image.png.efb7b9e8e61991d7ac9e59929e58e075.png

"Well.....I thought it was near......."

With all of that shouting and warning....their bodies are just a pile of bones somewhere and the world STILL hasn't ended.
2000 years later people are STILL running around on this planet fighting eachother and acting a fool.

People ain't gone nowhwere YET.
With all of the gloom and doom folks are still getting drunk, having sex, pushing out MORE babies, and doing what they want to do.

Now you have a NEW group of White folks running around trying to scare you.

image.png.dbbae9f77cd6915fa717425ab595a657.png

"Hey Josh....look'it!
The edge of this iceberg is 10 decimeters shorter than it was last year!
The world is surely coming to an end!
Humanity only has 10 more years left...at the most!
Sound the alarms!
Put it in the Wallstreet Journal and on CNN!
Everythings about to end pretty soon!!!!"

Many of them CLAIM to be atheists.
So hell, if they think humanity is ended and there is no hope...why are THEY still hanging around here and sounding the alarm?
Why don't they fuck all the women they can, get drunk, and then jump off a damn bridge somewhere and die happy?

They won't do that, but instead what do they do?
.....they go to school, getting married, and having children THEMSLEVES....bringing children into a world they CLAIM is going to end pretty soon.
Why?
Because THEY don't believe the garbage they are pushing on the rest of humanity, themselves.

Stop letting these white folks scare yall with their false religions and NOW their false science (which is really just another false man made religion).

The Earth will be here and HUMANITY will be here and THEY know it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, you nailed it. 8 billion people on the planet right now. Projected to be 9.7 billion in 2050.

There's a whole lot of f8ckin going on as we type. Some folks will be in the mix if a big azz asteroid or meteor hits this b8tch (Earth).🤣😎

Lol...and like I said, why are THEY still going to school and getting an education and buying houses.

Infact, why are THEY buying stocks, buying real estate, putting up trust funds for their children.....all investments that appreciate in THE FUTURE.
......if they think the world is really going to end and there is no future?

Man, many if not most of these White scientists are so full of shit it's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Man, many if not most of these White scientists are so full of shit it's ridiculous.

They're always on code. It's all about self-preservation when it comes to white folks. They want to enjoy the planet for themselves. 

No different from religion telling folks to be obedient and suffer on Earth because their riches and rewards are in heaven.

Milk and Kool-Aid, er, mind control was a popular drink and it still is apparently. 😁😎

On 6/3/2023 at 9:28 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Many of them CLAIM to be atheists.
So hell, if they think humanity is ended and there is no hope...why are THEY still hanging around here and sounding the alarm?
Why don't they fuck all the women they can, get drunk, and then jump off a damn bridge somewhere and die happy?

They won't do that, but instead what do they do?
.....they go to school, getting married, and having children THEMSLEVES....bringing children into a world they CLAIM is going to end pretty soon.
Why?
Because THEY don't believe the garbage they are pushing on the rest of humanity, themselves.

Stop letting these white folks scare yall with their false religions and NOW their false science (which is really just another false man made religion).

The Earth will be here and HUMANITY will be here and THEY know it.

🤣 Okay! Wait-a-minute! Maybe you are missing the point as to why they are pushing these ideologies and like you say, they are still reproducing and making plans to keep on living. 

@Pioneer1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:35 PM, ProfD said:

No different from religion telling folks to be obedient and suffer on Earth because their riches and rewards are in heaven.

Milk and Kool-Aid, er, mind control was a popular drink and it still is apparently. 😁😎

Again, WAIT-A-MINUTE! @ProfD Why do Black people sign on to the point-of-view and conditioning that comes from White Supremacist?

If you are saying that the earth is 5 billion years old, and homo sapiens are 190,000 years old, then you must not be understanding the bigger reality in what you are believing. If you say the earth is that old, then where are you getting this information from?

And, if the earth is that old then, and you say that mankind could be here for only 'a blip' then, obviously you seem to think that there could be some type of catastrophe on this earth that could wipe out mankind. Therefore, the fear that you say is coming from White man's philosophy pushed on us about the earth coming to an end is a VALID FEAR.

But no. I don't believe Black people understand the concept of the earth coming to an end because they have bought into the ideology of White Supremacist and their way of thinking. Black people are so easily and ready to believe White people. If White supremacist campaign and tell us to STOP fighting for the human rights to be able to drink out of the better water fountain and START fighting for the right to vote for a Democratic White leader to give you that right to drink out of a better water fountain, OFF WE GO! 

If White supremacist say, Black people you now need a Black Democratic leader, and then OFF WE GO voting for any Black candidate that they choose. 

Next thing you know, we are now fighting for the RAINBOW COALITION to represent our human rights because this so-called Black bi-racial president caused the federal law to be passed for homosexuals. 

The end of the world is defined in ancient scriptures as being some type of catastrophe that will lead to humans having to seek shelter in caves. It does not mean that all humans will be wiped out. That is the conditioning that Black people have received because they are not reading the scripts for themselves. 

Yes, the earth catastrophe will lead to many humans that will die, but never has it been stated that all humans will be wiped out.

Part of the fear of White Supremacist is not that they will all end, but that they will not be able to ENSLAVE BLACK AFRICANS ANYMORE and the ideology about

a NEW JERUSALEM [i.e. New Heaven] is a great fear for them.

When Black people dismiss the idea that there will come a time where there will be a NEW HEAVEN to descend on earth after the earth wil go through a period of castrophe, then what they have done is to buy into the ideology of White Supremacist and accept the 6000 year continual existence of constantly being inflitrated, and enslaved and imprisoned. AND THAT IS A FORM OF CRAZINESS! When Black people believe that they will always be subjected to enslavement, and imprisonment and genocidal attacks with no complete deliverence then, the White Supremacist has been affective in you not believing in the right kind of belief system. When after 6,000 years of Black oppression, we believe that we as humans can end this kind of existence ourselves without any help for a higher being then, why should he help? LOL. He isn't going to help those who want to do it themselves then. 

I am one that does not want to continue to live in a world where Black people are always suppressed. 

I have hope and believe that one day there will be a change and I hope that I can experience that change. 

Yes, sometimes I do want to give up and give into that kind of mind control in that this existence will never end and I want some milk and kool aide too! HA! HA! 

And sometimes I do think it's a joke to think that things will ever change, so yeah, give me another round of milk and kool aide! 

For those who believe the Bible, I would not be concerned about the longevity of the physical Earth. The Bible writer of Eccl. 1:4 intones that the planet Earth is here forever.

But that is not what my thread is about. It was about a study from a group of scientists, collectively calling themselves the Earth Commission, who have concluded that the demands of humankind on our planet have pushed it beyond several safety factors for human life.

I do not understand why so many claim our planet's environment is simply the same as it always has been. Because the world's environment has plainly deteriorated. 

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

This may seem an issue that does not concern you. But the Earth is facing more frequent and severe storms, higher death rates, dirtier air, more wildlife species becoming extinct, higher sea levels and the oceans becoming much more acidic. The planet will always be here. But millions of people may lose their lives.

Homeowners in flood-prone areas in the U.S. are facing huge price increases for flood insurance that could cause hundreds of thousands of people to cancel their policies and risk financial ruin if their home is flooded, according to Climate Wire.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, which runs the largest flood insurance program in the U.S., published projections showing that its premiums are on track to jump by thousands of dollars a year in some areas, Climate Wire said.

And this is not even counting the premium increases or policy cancellations for homeowners in areas prone to wildfires or even sandstorms such Phoenix and other southwestern regions.

Personally, I'm not too overly concerned. I don't live in a flood, wildfire or sandstorm zone. Aliens aren't coming to Earth. The Sun is not going to explode. And there's no Zombie Apocalypse on the immediate horizon.

However, warming temperatures WILL continue leading to crop failures in countries whose populations can least escape the dire effects of them. Many of these nations are in Black Africa. THAT worries me - because it has already happened.

But I'm pay more attention more to chances of a vessel or aircraft collision between U.S. navy ships and jets of China in the Taiwan Strait which would could easily lead to war. And that conflict could turn nuclear. 

11 hours ago, Chevdove said:

When Black people dismiss the idea that there will come a time where there will be a NEW HEAVEN to descend on earth after the earth wil go through a period of castrophe, then what they have done is to buy into the ideology of White Supremacist and accept the 6000 year continual existence of constantly being inflitrated, and enslaved and imprisoned.

As the resident agnostic around here, I don't *believe* too much of anything man has to say about anything. 🤣

As human beings, our knowledge is severely limited in the grand scheme of all things.

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

This may seem an issue that does not concern you. But the Earth is facing more frequent and severe storms, higher death rates, dirtier air, more wildlife species becoming extinct, higher sea levels and the oceans becoming much more acidic. The planet will always be here. But millions of people may lose their lives.

Self-preservation is a primary concern of human beings.  Very few people want to die.  Yet, in one way or another, it is inevitable. No one escapes leaving this existence.

Beyond saving the planet, think about everything human beings do on a daily basis that compromises lives. 

Again, natural disasters is the Earth's way of purging itself.

Dinosaurs didn't leave voluntarily nor did they f8ck up the environment.😁😎

• Haha 1

I completely disagree with you on many points. What you authored is a whole lot of nothing.

The world's scientists and physicists possess a great deal of knowledge of our planet and many of them have a keen understanding of what is wrong with our environment. 

You just want to be a humorous pundit. Dinosaurs have nothing to do with our situation.

Still think I was wrong for pointing out the obvious? I was over 100 degrees on the island of Puerto Rico today. Large pat of the U.S. has been inundated with smoke from Canada's wildfires.

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

What you authored is a whole lot of nothing.

You just want to be a humorous pundit. 

Still think I was wrong for pointing out the obvious? I was over 100 degrees on the island of Puerto Rico today. Large pat of the U.S. has been inundated with smoke from Canada's wildfires.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I enjoy bringing levity to the discussion forum. Life is short.

Yep. Smog from the Canadian wildfires is in the air where I live. This too shall pass. 😎

Chev

Okay! Wait-a-minute! Maybe you are missing the point as to why they are pushing these ideologies and like you say, they are still reproducing and making plans to keep on living. 

Perhaps so.
I'm not 100% sure what their "point" may be in pushing their ideologies but I know hypocrisy when I see it

Stefan

Aliens aren't coming to Earth.

Lol...perhaps they're already HERE.
Perhaps they've been here already for a long loooooong time.

And there's no Zombie Apocalypse on the immediate horizon.

Between those Covid vaccines and the new drugs they're putting out on the streets like Crank...perhaps it's closer than you think, lol.

But I'm pay more attention more to chances of a vessel or aircraft collision between U.S. navy ships and jets of China in the Taiwan Strait which would could easily lead to war.

As long as China remains a SLAVE to U.S. and Western corporations and continues to supply the laborers....there will be no war between the U.S. and China.
Stop falling for the theatrics you see on television.

Speak of the devil, look at THIS shit:

Follow

The ‘Doomsday Clock’ closer to Armageddon than ever before

Story by Zeleb.es  Jun 10, 2023

image.png.38efb93e2a8e35f17ed0e8a639efff7d.png
2 of 20 Photos in Gallery The group of scientists has been measuring real and existential threats to humankind through this symbol for more than 70 years.
Auto Rotation Off

Doomsday clock

The group of scientists has been measuring real and existential threats to humankind through this symbol for more than 70 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-doomsday-clock-closer-to-armageddon-than-ever-before/ss-AA15SWFU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d143cdb6114847c38b40c4f0286571bb&ei=13

They got some old dried up devil playing with clocks trying to scare the shit out of everybody silly enough to listen to them.
Yet HE and the rest of these "scientists" probably have all kinds of trust funds and accounts tucked away for THEIR children and grand children and GREAT grand children....while telling YOU the world is going to end any minute!!! 😵‍💫

....damn devils just playing GAMES with the people, lol.

Done set up a damn "Armageddon Clock" they can wind forward or backward whenever they fell like it....lol.

Laaaaawd....🤣....I'm telling you the truth, lol.

• Haha 2

Funny to me how you NEVER hear about studies done to determine how much the wars in Ukraine, Iraq, and Afghanistan and all the heat and pollution THEY have been causing over the decades -has affected the climate and environment.

They want to yell at you over a damn plastic bag or putting too much gas in your car but they're blowing up bridges and damns in the middle of Europe and testing nuclear weapons every year for the past 70 something years....but THAT apparently has no impact on the climate.

You don't see little cross eyed kids with signs hanging on their necks standing up to microphones and yelling at lawmakers over the impact WAR has on the environment.....lol.

Man, these damn devils.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Perhaps so.
I'm not 100% sure what their "point" may be in pushing their ideologies but I know hypocrisy when I see it

True! 

On 6/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Lol...perhaps they're already HERE.
Perhaps they've been here already for a long loooooong time.

🤣 Yep! 

On 6/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, Stefan said:

The world's scientists and physicists possess a great deal of knowledge of our planet and many of them have a keen understanding of what is wrong with our environment. 

Yes. I believe they know a lot. And in some respect, it may not be easy to understand initially. Sometimes, it comes down to science and measurement and unless we have the opportunity to learn how, for example, astronomers can look into telescopes and measure and interpret, then it may not be easy to understand the wider scope of what they publish. 

Human beings know a lot about the planet based on information collected over time.  They have been stargazing for a long time as well. 

Yet, considering the fact that humans only use a percentage of their brain, they don't know everything about the Earth and solar system or anything else.  

Since humans are still limited in what they know about the planet, they definitely cannot fix it.

Lake Oroville located in Cali was drying up due to drought.  Humans could not refill it like a swimming pool. 

Mother Nature sent enough storms and rain to bring the lake up to 100% capacity.😎

The claim from some that all the heat and explosions from countless wars have caused Global Warming ranks right up there with some all-time fanciful statements.

Really? Multiple fiery explosions that last for mere seconds can combine to warm the entire atmosphere of our planet? I've never seen any proof. How about nuclear blasts? But there was no appreciable warming of the planet’s atmosphere following the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There have been about 500 atmospheric atomic tests and around 1,500 underground nuke tests since then, according to Encyclopedia Britannica. First, determine the yield of these nuke blasts. Then if they use fission or fusion: (https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/fission-and-fusion-what-difference)

You’ll also have to determine if the blasts are underwater or over the seas and if they target urban, rural or military areas. One just can’t spout off and blurt out a quasi-scientific theory without proof or any basis for believability.

You really want to know why the planet’s atmosphere is getting warmer? Check out this Website: The truth about Climate Change

Now, if you don’t want to believe scientists, physicists and other learned folks, try tea lives or round yourselves up some witches. I love Sci-Fi, but I will never believe that honest-to-goodness aliens walk among us. If they exist, they may not even have or need legs.  

I also do not believe any object with mass can travel faster than the Speed of Light, as Einstein said.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/12/einstein-theory-of-relativity-speed-of-light

Stefan

The claim from some that all the heat and explosions from countless wars have caused Global Warming ranks right up there with some all-time fanciful statements.

Really? Multiple fiery explosions that last for mere seconds can combine to warm the entire atmosphere of our planet? I've never seen any proof.

No?
Well how many studies have been conducted to RULE OUT this possibility?

I'm guessing none, because any proof of a connection would bring further negative publicity to the Military Industrial Complex who makes money from these weapons and the conflicts they're used in.

How about nuclear blasts? But there was no appreciable warming of the planet’s atmosphere following the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Again, HOW MANY studies were done....if any...to rule this out?

Many scientists claim that an action as minute as a butterfly flapping it's wings in China has A reaction...no matter how minor...on the entire planet to a certain degree.
Yet when it comes to weapons and warfare with all of the heat and SMOKE and RADATION they produce....no studies or results of those studies if carried out.

You're worried about the wrong damn thing.

You're only worried about what White folks TELL YOU to worry about.

That's one of the problems with so many so-called "educated" Negroes.
They don't use their OWN intellect for academic pursuits and research that benefit their own people or even humanity in general.  They use it under the direction of the White folks who TRAINED them and focus on what they are TOLD to focus on.

Which is why the problems of this planet aren't likely to be solved by Negroes educated in Western/White academic institutions.

Ooowee,  guess what I found on the net this morning.....................

Ukraine's Zelenskyy meets Greta Thunberg and others to address the war's effect on ecology

Yesterday 4:56 AM

image.png.3f6846dee5ec108d7f18de9296929e17.png

image.png.85d168199bd52e96238309b1b0b6cec4.png

So I guess studying the effects of war on the ecology is a "legitimate" subject now, that the White folks Stefan respects have focused on it.

When I was talking about it...it was "fanciful" and "preposterous".
But now that White folks are talking about it in the mainstream media, I guess it's worthy of discussion.

This is one of the issues I have with a lot of college educated negroes.
To many are TRAINED to only think inside the "box".
Their ability to think outside of the box and decide for themselves what subjects should get the attention of humanity without the input and guidance from White folks, has been neutered in too many cases.

Then comes along a White man or woman who comes with an unorthodox point of view and then these niggas bow down and start worshipping them as "mavericks" and "trail blazers" when they'd call another Black man with the same idea "crazy".