Now They're Acting Up In Senegal!

Deadly unrest in Senegal claims a dozen lives | Watch (msn.com)

First fighting in Ethiopia.....
Then Sudan....
Then the Congo...
Now of all places SENEGAL is experiencing skinny folks running through the streets with rags over their faces tossing rocks and fighting with the police.

As far as I know, Senegal used to be one of the most stable and peaceful nations on the Continent.
I hadn't heard of any wars or riots going on there in modern history.
Now civil order is breaking down there.

What's going on around the continent?
And don't say "Revolution".....because there doesn't seem to be a clear goal or plan except to rebel against those in charge.
Whether their governments are corrupt or not, I have no idea but there doesn't seem to be any organized agenda or plan to replace these current governments with more organized and desired ones like in past revolutions where they'd replace the old governments with Islamic ones or Communist ones.

Today it just seems like rebelling and fighting for the sake of it.

It seems to me that citizens....especially the youth....have a lot of energy and anger and are being whipped up to fight against their government.
Rebelling out of boredom or just being tired of being governed period.

Will someone tell me why Africa doesn't just sit back and build up her economies and militaries and infrastructures while the White folks in Russia and Ukraine blast eachother away and drag the rest of Europe into WW3?
Why must they "one up" the White folks by acting a fool and starting fights and civil wars all over the place?

They weren't doing this much fighting and rebelling 20 years ago.....so why now?
Who's stirring it up?

I'm not sure if White folks are at this point.
As I get older I'm realizing nobody is MAKING some of these crazy niccaz run out in the streets with their boney chests out and rags over their faces tossing cocktails and rocks at the military and police and exchanging gunfire. 
Many of them are doing it with GRINS on their faces as if they're having fun.

It makes me wonder how many of our people even WANT a stable and organized government to live under.
Are all of them being oppressed by their governments, or is just having LAWS PERIOD and being told what to do, too "oppressive" for some of our people?

I'm not over there so I don't know for sure.
But somebody is at fault....either the governments, the people, or both.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Will someone tell me why Africa doesn't just sit back and build up her economies and militaries and infrastructures while the White folks in Russia and Ukraine blast eachother away and drag the rest of Europe into WW3?
Why must they "one up" the White folks by acting a fool and starting fights and civil wars all over the place?

They weren't doing this much fighting and rebelling 20 years ago.....so why now?
Who's stirring it up?

IDK But, I don't believe Senegal had ever gotten as peaceful and we may think over here. @Pioneer1

Senegal, like all of Africa are absolutely affected by what is going on in Ukraine, Russia and Europe. 

So if there is unrest going on right now, it might have something to do with a bigger issue.

The young folks in Senegal are acting a fool in protest to because candidate Osumane Sonko who is very popular among them has been charged with crimes.

The high road for Sonko to take would be telling his supporters not to clash with police. They don't need to get caught up in his issues. 😎

The Apparent Situation

The President Macky Sall....is backpedaling on his promise not to run for a third term - truth be told he has not answered the question when directly ask.

The opposition Candidate who stands a chance of defeating him and or his party is facing prison time.....that Many believe is politically motivated

The Real Issue.

For years now the 14 African countries in the CFA economic community has been trying to liberate themselves for what is euphemistically call the "Colonial Tax".

These African Countries pay to france annually 50 billion (euros) which is roughly equivalent to 20% of the entire French economy.

There have been changes, some have left (7) and the CFA is set to be replaced by the ECO...

In 2019 the Italian Deputy PM accuses France of creating and perpetuation poverty in Africa....

The fact that France and Quattara  backs the ECO's introduction.....Makes my very suspicious.

Nigeria is the power in the region and will definitely be lobbying AU/ECOWAS to send troops if matters escalate.

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

The young folks in Senegal are acting a fool in protest to because candidate Osumane Sonko who is very popular among them has been charged with crimes.

The high road for Sonko to take would be telling his supporters not to clash with police. They don't need to get caught up in his issues. 😎

Most believe the Courts have been compromised....

15 hours ago, frankster said:

Most believe the Courts have been compromised....

Surely, there has to be a better way to protest corrupted courts instead of throwing rocks at the police and getting shot.😎

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ProfD said:

Surely, there has to be a better way to protest corrupted courts instead of throwing rocks at the police and getting shot.😎

Of course there are better ways.....If you can avail yourself of them

Often we use what's at hand to show our dismay.

Not sure what to think of this.

On the one hand, I don't live overthere so I don't know EXACTLY what's going on and who is in the right or who is in the wrong.
I don't know if it's TRULY an internal disagreement or if White folks are overthere stirring up shit as usual....or to what degree BOTH may be playing a role.

Like ProfD said, I would think there has to be a better way than ripping your shirt off, tying it over your face, and running out into the streets to burn tires and throw rocks at the police only to end up shot and hauled off to jail.

And you have to wonder which looks better:

-A Senegal where the people can get out in the streets and burn tires, fight with the police, and act a fool destroying buildings when the elections don't go the way they would like?

-Or as oppressive as it may seem.....a Senegal where the police are firmly in control and the people are afraid to hit the streets and act a fool so things remain neat, clean, and orderly out of fear?

I don't want an oppressive state in Africa -

...but if that's the only thing that will keep some of our people in check and keep them from running wild in the streets destroying what little infrastructure they DO have. 

.....if that's the only thing that will keep some of our people out of trouble and will make them get up in the morning and bring their asses to work BUILDING UP the society instead of tearing it down.....only to sit around and wait on White folks to bring them some food because they are too busy fighting and acting a fool to grow it themselves.

-
then perhaps that's what some of our people NEED.

When White folks held many of these African nations as colonies....there were some rebellions but White folks DID keep them busy and working through slavery and oppression.  
Brute force.
Although Whites didn't have ANY love for our people, maybe Black leaders should learn a lesson that TOUGH LOVE will be necessary to keep a lot of our people in check and keep them from being destructive.