IDIOT HERMAN CAIN

boitumelo, I know you like to hit and run with all the controversial Black stuff, but do you believe all the allegations? Do you think this is relevant.

Do you ever get tired of the media focusing on all the negative attributes of Black people. Do you think if more attention was payed to the positive things Black people did Black folks and the country would be better off?

• 3 weeks later...

I had to register when I saw this topic. I agree Troy I get tired of the media and the focus they keep on Blacks and all the negative news. You have to search for positive media on Blacks...and when you do find postive media it's not even us who has drawn the attention. it only gets attention if the media comes from an famous alot of times white celebrity. Thanks for being here Troy. I've been following you site for some years now. It makes me feel good knowing we (ie Blacks) have an educated brother such as yourself keeping us motivated and keeping the important topics we should stay focused on alive.

But I'm curious. Is Ginger White white or an African American or Spanish or what? And why did she tell on him? I think she got pissed when she found out about the other women. Didn't she know that a man who cheats on his wife will on his "other" women, too? The more the merrier for men like him. I know from personal experience.

Piggy Ann

But I'm curious. Is Ginger White white or an African American or Spanish or what? And why did she tell on him? I think she got pissed when she found out about the other women. Didn't she know that a man who cheats on his wife will on his "other" women, too? The more the merrier for men like him. I know from personal experience.

Piggy Ann

I was wondering what race she is also,I tend to think she is black or bi-racial.And i think she told on him because she was paid very well.They say she's unemployed,she needs the money.And she do seem troubled to me, like Herman Cain said.But i believe her, over him.

I'm actually disappointed that he "suspended" his campaign. If he was truly innocent he'd have stayed in the battle. He didn't say whether his wife made the final decision. I hope she gets a new house and a new car -- even though all those years of cheating can't be swept away with a new house and car. It's not her fault. Women whose husbands cheat can't stop the husbands from cheating, even if the wife was with him every second, even when he went to the bathroom. Pastors tell us women to "trust" our men. While we're trusting they're thinking of ways to take advantage of that trust. The cell phone didn't help. Some husbands call their wives from hotel rooms on their cell phones while hugging on their xitches. The wife thinks he's tired and turned in early. He sure did!

Many cheating men have their own definitions for their actions. They're not having an affair; they're helping a woman out. They're not screwing around; they're just fooling around. On and on.

That "one eye" is a trip!

"Do you ever get tired of the media focusing on all the negative attributes of Black people. Do you think if more attention was payed to the positive things Black people did Black folks and the country would be better off?" ~ Troy

That's a good place to start but first, I'm dancing around like the Munchkins from The Wizard Of Oz because the Wicked Witch, Hermain "Munster" Cain is dead. I mean, he's not buried in the ground but that Negro presence on the large stage was equal to the showing of The Birth Of A Nation. Come on now, speaking of negative news, Mr. Cain was juicy bait. Yes sir, he was propaganda of the worst degree.

But wait, before I go off on Huck & Buck Cain, I have to address the "ONE EYE" that's a TRIP who got caught in the big TRAP. Yeah, y'all know what I'm talking about. If there wasn't a "trap", there wouldn't be a place for the "ONE EYE" to lay it's tired head. I am suggesting there's a whooooole lot of complicity going on... that's being given a blind eye. Come on now, without a "Ying" there would be no "Yang". And, I don't think infidelity has a sex - does it?

Oh well, anyway, now it's time to stretch out on Troy & Cain. See, Troy has consistently beat Obama upside the head with a bunch of negative, unsubstantiated mess... just like Cain has repeatedly done in the past. That's right, it's true, Troy and Cain have both vilified our President, yet neither has come with any solutions - of their own - that would remotely replace, nor solve any of President Obama's alleged Missteps. So I am standing up and saying it's not wise for people in glass houses to throw stones.

Thanks for stepping out an saying that Suzyq the problem you described with the media are actually getting much worse on a LOT of levels the wild thing is that this issue is going largely unnoticed.

The main reason for these problems is that we do not own our own media. When we do, we either sell out, or conform to what mainstream media does. Of course an insatiable need for money is the driver.

There however are many who struggle to create something positive. They go largely ignored and unsupported. I've been writing a lot about this subject recently. Please check out a Blog post about Black book magazines: http://aalbc.it/blacklitmags

PiggyAnn4612 (not trying to pick on you), comments really illustrates why the negative is so profitable. I submit, this is the only reason the media focuses.

The problem I have with it this is that someone call call up a news outlet, make an allegation, and presidential campaign and a potentially a marriage are destroyed -- all driven by the media created public spectacle.

Again, all of this so that a few people can become fantastically wealthy.

Carey your attempt to link me with Cain is puerile. If you bothered to ask you'd know that I would support Obama over Cain or any republican candidate. That is not to say, I don't have serious issues with Obama. Obama despite all the promise for "change" is merely a reflection of all that is bad with our government.

"That one eye" cost Cain his chance to continue to "run" for the presidency. The Republicans wouldn't have let him get the Republican nomination, obviously, but he couldn't even stand up to that last accusation. It's easy to blame the media but when you put yourself out there you invite the media to look for negative things.

Obviously women entice men just as men entice women, especially men who have some measure of power and money. But Herman got caught. His one eye had turned a blind eye.

The media hasn't found anything about sexual harrassment or affairs with Barak Obama and his wife. If there was even the tinge of it all the press would have found it by now.

PiggyAnn4612, most of the secrets or behaviors we all keep from the public would not withstand the the media spin. Nor should it be fodder to evaluate a presidential candidate.

Two questions:

(1) Is it the "news" media's role to reports on alleged non-criminal sexual behavior of politicians?

(2) Does the non-criminal sexual behavior of a politician matter?

There was a time where this stuff was fodder for the national inquirer. Today's tabloids are indistinguishable. Venerable newspapers like the New York Times are catching up (OK, maybe that last point was an exaggeration, but on some levels they are).

I'd have agree, Obama must have a squeaky clean sexual history. But that does not mean the media did not run with silly allegations, like the long form birth certificate bull.

Troy, please spare us, your actions link you to Cain, not I. Listen, just like Herman Cain, you talk a good game but your walk speaks differently. Look, over the last 4 years you've shown the signs of being a closet Republican in so many way. Seriously, you or anyone else would be, and will be hard pressed to bring any of your quotes, sentences or paragraphs that champion any of President Obama's acccomplishments. In fact, on the other hand you were one of the leading advocates behind Smiley and Cornell West's attempts to muddy Obama's name. So please Troy, save the pandering for sympathy votes. All closed eyes and silent pens are not asleep. In short, you may not be running for POTUS but you've shown the signs of a negative propaganda machine... long before Hermain Cain hit the scene.

Troy, you are correct that our secrets and sins wouldn't overcome the media spin. But a political candidate who runs for office becomes a role model for leadership. If he pays more attention to that one eye than to his office's affairs, he places his positon and his responsibilities and his supporters in dire trouble. When someone is running for public office these days he or she should look over his/her past very carefully and see what, if brought to the light, would pass the test. Apparently that's why the US ends up with the kind of political candidates that we do. And more than a few pastors.

Oh -- one mo thing: As to the Black media, I respect and love most of the Black media, despite some radio station DJ tendencies to tell dirty jokes during the 7 a.m. drive time. The Black media in the past used to be our only voice and our only media muscle. But remember that so many of us ran to the white media with our little stories when we "really" wanted publicity. Some of us even acted like were ashamed of the Black media and called them "rags."

Remember the days when Jet Magazine ran some very racy articles, too? So the media strives for readership and advertisers, and many don't care what they'll print or air in order to get it. Unfortunately it's the way of the world in many respects.

Carey, while all eyes are not closed some, like yours may as well be. If I just wrote that I would support Obama over any Republican candidate, how is it possible for me to be a closet Republican -- that is illogical, unless you think I'm lying or dumb.

Sure my opinion of Obama is more closely aligned with that of Tavis and West, than yours, but how you construe that as being in support of Cain is beyond me.

Would a closet republican run be running AALBC.com or engaged in an effort to identify and categorize all independently run Black websites without trying to make money in return for the effort. Brother you ain't makin' any sense today. Just accept the fact some people are not jockin' Obama the way you are and are willing to point out areas we he needs to do better.

PiggyAnn, unfortunately anything can be spun by the media to make someone look bad, they tried with Obama using Jeremiah Wright, his smoking herb, being Muslim, having a middle name of Hussein, having an African father, etc, etc. People over looked this because they desperately wanted change.

I seriously doubt, Martin Luther King, with his infidelity,or Malcolm X with his homosexual sex would have withstood a modern day media assault had those revelations been made public, when their most important work was being performed. Now that I think about it, the media assignation would have spared the physical assassination, without making them martyrs.

PiggyAnn46 which Black media outlets, specially, do you respect the most?

Troy, I'll have to think about which specific Black media I respect the most because I'll have to research to see which ones are still in operation. Historically I was in much respect of Black newspapers, having been a news editor of one years ago. Black newspapers historically led the way to combat racism by exposing many of the racist laws, lynchings, etc. and to feature Black personalities and their accomplishments, along with promoting local Black citizens, having a "society" page, covering community events, and running obituaries, and covering other areas largely ignored by the white press. It used to be that the Black press was THE voice for African Americans. Remember, I'm talking "historically" -- up until to probably, oh, thirty, forty or fifty years ago or so.

Hi PiggyAnn, I appreciate the historical perspective, however I'm most focused on the situation today. I have to agree however even in today's environment the remaining Black owned newspapers are so very important. Here in New York Black Star News and the The Amsterdam News are really invaluable for the reasons you described.

Those and other publications aside, for the moment, we have a very serious and worsening problem as it related to Black news and journalism in terms of how, what, and who is covering it -- especially online.

Troy, until recently I watched BET because of Ed Gordon, Bro. Curry (?), and Bev Smith, who did such good jobs. I miss hearing these perspectives. I'm sorry that I don't follow as many online media outlets as I used to. My fascination with the internet has waned in these last few years. You tell us what's hot and what's not.

boitumelo, I know you like to hit and run with all the controversial Black stuff, but do you believe all the allegations? Do you think this is relevant.

Do you ever get tired of the media focusing on all the negative attributes of Black people. Do you think if more attention was payed to the positive things Black people did Black folks and the country would be better off?

Media .. All they do is waiting for someone to do something can negatively affect one being on Black people, and then they spread it out just like they dont care