Holiday Books Giving & Receiving

It’s that time of year again! I got the annual Walter Mosley book for my son – the latest Leonid McGill story [Known to Evil I think].

I think Santa may bring me a kindle. I didn’t ask for it and not sure if I want it but folks are dragging me kicking and biting into the middle of this electronic age. And I hope it’s NOT the Fire because that would really be overkill for me. I don’t use the computers I’ve got now. Plus the kindle is ugly. Books are pretty. :wub:

What’s on your list?

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

With my yen for biographies, I'm getting ready to start "Sweetness", the controversial tell-all about the late great Chicago Bears running back, Walter Payton, who like so many celebrities had a dark side and a secret life..

For my last birthday, I was given a kindle-like device which I haven't put to use yet. I keep procrastinating. Why, I don't know!

So, are you gearing up to turn out a batch of your famous rum balls? :unsure:

I might be getting a kindle too! But I'm also afraid that I may not use it. Right now I have two books that I'm trying to read on the Kindle Cloud app (on the laptop) and it's just not the same as good old fashioned turning of the pages. Plus, I keep getting a headache...not because the books are bad, but because my eyes don't like reading on the screen like that. So...I dunno how this is going to play out.