New York Black Politics--Twilight of the Gods

Guest Chris Hayden

Guest Chris Hayden

Man! They got Patterson and now they're getting Rangel.

We can point the finger at those two but they are just two whose time ran out--our political system is a sump of corruption and those who are not corrupt cannot advance or last in it.

I note they were both from Harlem part of some legendary club that came to power as reformers and new jacks in the 60's and 70's. (Rangel was and Patterson's dad was)

Where were they when the heroin was ravaging their community?

Oh well. Who will step up and try next.

Troy? Or are youse gonna let a white guy do it?

Troy?

Troy would be an excellent choice. But his high standards of morality and incorruptibility would rankle the those who provide the needed elements for mold to grow.

Or are youse gonna let a white guy do it?

Why not? What do they have to loose? Being a Negro has never provided immunity from corruption, graft or fallibility...... :lol:

Oh God, don't get me started on Harlem Politics.

Xeon, despite your vote of confidence I don't know that I would be as unflappable as you suggest if I were given the power a high ranking politician.

Power corrupts.

Many in politics seem to be mostly concerned about enriching themselves. If the people are helped as a result that is cool, but it is not the goal.

The people most serious about making change are usually NOT politicians.

Guest_Chris your comment: "Where were they when the heroin was ravaging their community?" speaks volumes. Where were they while the school systems have fallen apart, where were they when our neighborhoods were being decimated? Nothing else needs to be asked until THAT question is answered.

Of course a white guy will do it -- Harlem will be mostly white in the coming years anyway. The NY Times already reported that my neighbor already is now...

Of course a white guy will do it -- Harlem will be mostly white in the coming years anyway. The NY Times already reported that my neighbor already is now...

Oh well, that's what happens when you don't collectively take responsibility for yourself...... <_<