New book series reflects the darker side of the Underground Railroad

Hello all,

A follower on Twitter contacted me and suggested I post a topic on the AALBC regarding my new book series "A War Below". So, here I am. And thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

A War Below is a series of four books that follow Moses Jones on his journey from slave to underground resistance fighter during the American Civil War. The series is a dark and gritty account of life in the Underground Railroad and reveals how the United States government utilized (some say hijacked) the Underground Railroad to run clandestine espionage missions into the South during the war. The series tells of revenge, murder, sabotage and assassinations - all of which took place within an underground war that we rarely hear about.

The story is inspired by actual events and sewn together with fiction and theories. There are some hard truths reflected throughout the series. Truths that show Abraham Lincoln in a slightly less than noble light. And while those truths need to be told, the most important story is of the small band of men and women that put their lives in each others' hands (and sometimes died together) in order to free slaves and eventually wage a secret, underground war against the Confederacy.

There are far too many members of the Underground Railroad that simply disappeared without a trace. This series attempts to tell their story.

Starting April 16th, I'll be starting a CONTEST on Twitter (@peytonfarquhar). I'll be asking questions about the first installment in the series "RUN". The first to answer a question correctly wins an Amazon Kindle. It's that simple.

You can find the Kindle version of the first book in the series (RUN) on Amazon here: http://amzn.com/B007E50WUW

And you can visit my website to learn more about the series and find links to the book on the Apple iBookstore and Barnes and Noble Book Nook as well: http://www.awarbelow.com/

Thank you again for reading this post.

Sincerely,

Peyton Farquhar

• Like 1

Hello all!

I wanted to let you all know that I've started a contest with my Twitter followers. The first winner was announced today. The contest is simple: I ask a question about the first book in my "A War Below" series – "RUN". The first to answer it correctly wins an Amazon Kindle. If you're interested, just follow me @peytonfarquhar. I'll be announcing the date and time of the next question.

I was also thinking about running a similar contest here on the AALBC board. If there is any interest in that, just let me know here.

Thank you, Peyton Farquhar