You wouldn't believe what happened today!

Do You Believe This?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this story?

• Yes, definitely! Anything is possible.
    • Kinda... It "could" have happened.
    • Either you lyin about your story or you lyin about your disclaimer.
    • Gurllllll, stoppppp~

Before I tell you what happened today, let me issue a disclaimer: I don't drink/smoke.

All right then.Today, I was all alone in my garden, tending to my vegetables and then, I saw.......a SNAKE! I started to be afraid, but I heard a voice saying, "Just be cool." It wasn't my conscience saying this and I knew I was alone, so I'm kinda wonderin what the heck is going on. Come to find out, it was the snake. It said, "Be cool, I don't use my mouth to bite; I use it to talk." I guess the snake could tell that I was kinda freaked out, so it took out some food and told me to help myself.

OKAY... Now, please tell me how many of you believe this story and how many of you do not believe this story and please tell me why or why not.

• Like 1

Well since we all know snakes are incapable of carrying on a conversation the story if clearly false. Now you may have been under the effects of some hallucinogen (you did not rule out drugs), had a psychotic episode or were experiencing an event outside our space/time continuum, in an alternate universe perhaps. In any case, I'm certain what you experienced would not have been shared by someone else right next to you when you encountered the speaking snake. Same goes for the serpent in Genesis.

I don't believe this story. Why? Because you're obviously a creative person, someone who, rather than employing mudane rhetoric to tell a cautionary tale, would instead use an allegory to illustrate the deviousness of glib politicial leaders.

Before I tell you what happened today, let me issue a disclaimer: I don't drink/smoke.

All right then.Today, I was all alone in my garden, tending to my vegetables and then, I saw.......a SNAKE! I started to be afraid, but I heard a voice saying, "Just be cool." It wasn't my conscience saying this and I knew I was alone, so I'm kinda wonderin what the heck is going on. Come to find out, it was the snake. It said, "Be cool, I don't use my mouth to bite; I use it to talk." I guess the snake could tell that I was kinda freaked out, so it took out some food and told me to help myself.

OKAY... Now, please tell me how many of you believe this story and how many of you do not believe this story and please tell me why or why not.

I've had the same sort of thing happen to me,except the snake wrapped itself around the laundry water pipe and almost gave me a heart attack when I went to turn the tap off.

LOL X 10! I just love the intelligence and humor on here.

Troy, I started to not say garden, as I thought it would make my question too obvious. Still I wanted to get it as close to the widely believed story as possible. ;)

Cynique, that is always a compliment coming from you, you are so creative and witty... so much until you have come up with an interpretation that I did not even think of until I read your response. :-O Perhaps the first chapter of dat well aged book was about politicians! :-O

Lindabe, was it poisonous?

Okay...

On most forums around the globe (not this one :-D), I am pretty sure that many would have said that they did not believe this ridiculousness.

Many of the posters expressing that my story was rubbish would also be firm believers in the literality of the Bible. Would you agree, Mr. Troy?

Waterstar, understanding humanity, the Bible and the intersection between the two is WAY above my paygrade. If taking the snake story literarly keep people from killing each other I'm cool with that -- as long as they are not forcing me to take it literarly too.

The are some Christians that don't take the snake story literarly, but there are also Gay Christians, Bbaby aborting Christians, and Christains that murder in the name of God.

So that fact that someone would call your story bullshit, but believes someone who refuses to take the story in the Bible literarally will be damned for eternity does not suprise to me in the least bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be that they believed my story and did not want anyone else to know it? :o

What if I said that DaShawn and Moekweesha were the first and only two people in this world....before they had children. Two boys... Lil Shawn-Shawn and Earl...and Lil Shawn-Shawn killed Earl...but here's the kicker... Lil Shawn-Shawn had kids.....If his parents were the first two people in this world and they had only two children, with whom did Lil Shawn-Shawn have children? :o Oh snap, Lil Shawn-Shawn made whoopie with Mommy? Well now, that would explain why the world is so screwed up....at least it would explain it much better than the eaten-apple thing~

It's not really so much about questioning the Bible as it is about questioning our socialization in general and how this affects us in many areas. A debate would be interesting, but even a slight chance of our considering the origins of our socialization would probably be much better. Religion is but one form, but it is the example that seems to illustrate the bigger picture better than most.