BEYONCE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN/NO

PEOPLE MAGAZINE SAYS BEYONCE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.NO/I DO NOT THINK SO..HAVE YOU NOTICE THE BEYONCE'S AND HALLE BERRY 'S ARE CHOSEN MOST BEAUTIFUL..LIGHT SKIN NOT DARK....DARK SKIN VERSUS LIGHT SKIN.. ..THE WHITE MEDIA PERFER LIGHT SKIN BLACK PEOPLE NEWS ANCHORS ARE LIGHT SKIN FEW DARK SKIN.....ALSO MAD COW DISEASE IS BACK......

• Like 1

Beyonce's beauty doesn't have to do with her skin color. Whether light-skinned or dark, she would still be beautiful because her face has good symmetry, and her skin is smooth. She looks just as good without make-up as she does with it. She and Halle are both full-chested, broad-hipped, long-necked women, traits which are testaments to their African heritage. -_-

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha@ "And mad cow disease is back." ahahaha Real talk though, the epidemic of some off the wall disease always seems to pop up before or after elections. Some terrible disease and some terrible incident which will ultimately raise the national panic index level and require more invasiveness (all for our protection, mind you.)

As far as the image of beauty, it is just reality that perceptions of beauty and race/skin tone go hand n hand. Oh "some" African features are okay, so long as they are kept in perspective by man when nature fails. Many black women bleach out their skin to look "more attractive" while some get plastic surgery to have a less broad nose and such, trying to live up to these Eurocentric standard of beauty. A black female is looked upon as lucky when she was born with "good hair" but for those who have that hair that "needs taming", a relaxer or weave can help them to "feel beautiful". Coffee is just fine here...so long as it has enough sugar and cream.

Quick question just for the mind... How many remember seeing Boomerang? Both Grace Jones and Halle Berry were in that movie. How many thought that Grace Jones was beautiful? How many thought that Halle Berry was beautiful?

Black men and women do the doll test every single day of their lives without even being aware of it. Just like the little black girls who preferred the white dolls, black men and women constantly choose the Western image of beauty.

Well, Waterstar, I think your argument is a stock one. My observation is that, currently, Eurpoean/western traits once considered the ideal have been diluted. Pale white skin is no longer considered preferable to golden tan. Full lips are now more desirable than thin ones.Slanted Asian eyes are considered exotic. Nose jobs and do-overs are most popular among Caucasians. Women of all ethnicities enhance their hair with dyes, tints, bleaches, weaves and - wigs. Both black and white women have their hair straightened or curled. All those luxurious tresses tumbling around the shoulders of white celebrities are synthetic hair extensions, and there are very few natural blondes. All women want J-Lo and Beyonce and Kim Kardisan booties. Glamour is an aura that is not skin deep. ."Vanity, thy name is woman". The paragon of feminine beauty now draws from all races, and is something that all females strive to achieve.

In the big picture, natural beauty still trumps falseness and it transcends color lines. Pop culture is a very frivilous domain not to be confused with the gravity of politics where race does rear its ugly head.

My take on your comparison between Halle and Grace in ""Boomerang" would be that Halle was "cute", and Grace "stunning".

As far as I'm concerned capitalists have masterfully convinced all women that they need to change something. usually it is something that never needed to be changed in the first place.

Men are, unfortunately, getting on the band wagon too -- arching eye brows, tattooing skin, piercing ears, noses, and spending more time in a saloon chair than women getting their hair braided, dying, straightened, curled...

Interesting statements as always, Cynique.

When we look at media though, you still see more sisters who have lighter black skin being considered beautiful. Very rarely is a darker sister considered beautiful in the same way and even less common is a dark skin sister with natural hair being considered beautiful. Also, I am willing to bet that your Grace Jones/Halle Berry response is not shared by many from the time the movie came out up to now.

Troy, you just made me think of something.. What if Boitumelo is "metrosexual"? :ph34r: