Well Thump, lets take a look. You're good.

Okay Thump, you still the man! I mean, you didn't get them all but you were real close. Take a look at your picks.

Thumper said, As far as this year's Oscar goes. It's going to go down like this:

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges - Crazy Heart

Best Actress: Meryl Streep or Gabby Sidbie

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz - Inglorious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique - Precious

BEst Director: Kathryn Bigelow - The Hurt Locker

Also, Here it goes, right between the eyes.

Oscar winners:

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker

Best Director: Kathleen Bigelow

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges

Best Actress: Sandra Bullock

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique

Best Original Screenplay: Up In The Air

Best Adapted Screenplay: Precious

There it is baby, take it to the bank.

Hello All,

Hell yeah, I'm good. Why you keep doubting me is the question?

"Why you keep doubting me is the question?"

Well man, I am trying to keep you from being a poor hustler. I mean, your head is big enough and with all that new gray hair, it could be an ugly sight. But then again, I've been reading your book reviews (on AALBC's home page) and those of Kam's (movies)and I might be getting them confused. I mean, ol'boy could use your help. In particular, those interviews of celebrities. That stuff is dry. I could feel the uncomfortable feelings of him and the guests. Also, his movie picks are... well, he could use your help... imo.

But Thump, if I didn't keep you in check, who would? I mean, you might start believeing your own hype. I know it's a po' frog that doesn't brag on it's own lilly pad, but I'm just saying...

Yeah I liked Hurt Locker much more than I did Avatar. It seemed to be a pretty weak year for movies...

My favorite movie last year was Star Trek, but unless you have a relationship with the franchise the movie probably would not mean very much to you. So I could understand why it would not be considered for any major awards.

Say what you will about Kam's Oscar picks but he usually nails them! This year he did, to quote him, "horribly" (Kam's Oscar Picks).

Despite all of the controversy surrounding Precious By the time I finally saw it a couple of weeks ago I was surprised by how relatively innocuous a film it was. Hardly worth all the gnashing of teeth and hand wringing. The money was OK I like Hurt Locker much more.

Monique was good and played her role. To compare comedians I would not put it on the level of Jamie Fox's performance in Ray. It is really difficult to judge how good an actress Monique is without seeing her in a range of roles. her character in Precious is not really much of a stretch from her Skinny Bitches are evil persona.

I liked Anthony Mackie's performance in Hurt Locker. I would been happy to see him win best supporting actor. While he was not in a competing category with Monique his performance was superior.

Now see, I just got back from a party full of naysayers, and I find myself on the same block. But I must admit, Troy, I did read Kam's picks ( a week ago) and he was on the mark. But, I couldn't find his name attached to the review. I guess I should assume that all the review posted @ AALBC are his unless it says otherwise?

But Troy, why is it that people want to attach Mo'nique character to her. I mean, why does she have to have a large resume in order for us to appreciate her brilliant acting? And, why didn't you say this when Thump and I was kickin' it about her and Jamie Fox?

Again, you must be on the inside track to Mo'nique's personal life because what specific parts of her performance tells you that see wasn't reaching down to emote feelings or actions that she had never experienced.

But you at least compared her to Murphy's Ray, which I think is one of the greastest performances of all time (by a black man). So, although it's my opinion that you are hating on Mo'nique with faulty logic, you at least played it safe.

But then again, you're a Star Trek man. Yikes!

Troy, you didn't say, but are you in the crowd of those that say Precious shines a bad light on blacks and therefore is a tool for those that want to only show us in a negative way? If so, I bet you don't like horror movies or war flicks. But let me take that back, you probably only like those in which the black person doesn't get killed in the first scene. :lol:

Oh, I also read Kam's review of Top Cop(?), with Tracy Morgan. I see he didn't like it. I'm going to check it out. After reading his review of Soul Men, I felt he wasn't crazy about it either, but that movie had rollin'