THE BLACK CHURCH NOT SUPPORTING PRESIDENT OBAMA.

NEWS,THE BLACK CHURCH NOT SUPPORTING THE PRESIDENT BECAUSE OF GAY MARRIAGE..THE BLACK CHURCH SUPPORTS PREACHERS WHO CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES,BEAT THEIR WIVES AND KILL THEIR WIVES.YES BLACK PREACHERS HAVE KILLED THEIR WIVES...BLACK PREACHERS SUPPORT NAZI KLAN POLITICIANS FOR MONEY... HOMOSEXUALS ,IF THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE SPAWNS OF SATAN,WHY IS BISHOP EDDIE LONG ON THE PILPIT.BISHOP EDDIE LONG WAS SEXUALLY ROMANCING YOUNG BLACK MALES..WHY DID THE CHURCH NOT CONFRONT BISHOP EDDIE LONG,OR JESSE JACKSON,JESSE JACKSON JR SEX SCANDALS..PREACHER HENRY LYONS IN THE 1990'S WAS LOCKED UP FOR STEALING 4 MILLION DOLLARS.MONEY THAT WAS FOR BLACK CHURCHES THAT WAS BURNED DOWN BY NEO KLAN TRASH IN THE SOUTH...HE BEAT UP HIS EX WIVES AND CHEATING ON THEM ,HE GETS OUT GETS MARRIED AGAIN, BACK ON THE CHURCH PULPIT.....HOW MANY PREACHERS LIVE BY THE TEN COMMANMENTS, NONE........MONEY MOTIVATES THEM.....

Well I can say Obama and Romney coming down on opposite sides of this issue will force the Black church and others to come to terms with this issue.

The Black church's beliefs are actually more in line with the conservative positions expressed by right, but the Black Church like the majority of Black folks of course vote democratic. This is perhaps why there has been no overt actions by the government to directly help eradicate the problems confronting the Black poor and middle class in several decades.

This is not to suggest that the Republicans offer an alternative. The next 4.5 years will be crucial for our country.

The black community in general and the black church in particular tends to be homophobic. And it's ironic that their sentiment against same-sex marriage does not translate into an enthusiasm for hetero sexual marriage. Over half of black women aren't and never have been married. About 80 percent of black children are born out of wedlock, and as a consequence at least 90 percent of prison inmates were born to single mothers. Shacking up is a common practice. And 1 in 4 marriages end in divorce.

Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage has really posed a dilemma for Blacks. They gotta figure out whether they want to blindly follow him or stick with blindly following sanctimonious preachers who alway manage to come up with some isolated bible verse to condone or condemn the acts that hypocrites want to justify or besmirch.

Me, I don't reallty care whether or not gay people get married. But once they do, I think they should refer to each other as one another's "spouse" or "mate" or "partner". It irks me to hear one man call another man his "wife", or one woman call another woman her "husband". To me, these words belong exclusively to heterosexuals. Let us have at least one word to call our own! <_<

This upcoming presidential compaign is going to be such a contentious farce, reeking with personal attacks and prormises that will never be kept. Meanwhile, the banks and the financial community will continue to do as they please and the economy will keep on doing what it does, and race will still matter. Happy tomorrow, folks! :P

Cynique, that analysis is too on point.

First of all, how many of us know the answer to this trivia question? Question: What is the number one haven for most gay black men? Answer: The Black Church.

Secondly, I wonder if any of the proud King-James-"Authorized"-Version-Bible-thumpers have even ever given any real thought as to who this King James was. Of course I wasn't around then and cannot verify this via first account, but according to my research, it doesn't seem that King James was heterosexual, and also seems to have referred to the Duke of Buckingham as his "wife". Now how many black preachers would actually even be willing to look further into the life of "King James" and no longer read from his Bibles? How many of them, on the other hand, would, even after research points in the direction of those aforementioned things, say that this changes nothing whatsoever and possibly even defend/justify him/his actions?

People seem to forget that the president is a politician. Perhaps we can help them remember by saying, "And remember, Everyone; 'P' is the first letter in PRESIDENT. P stands for POLITICS; Politics 1st." Anyone who is foolish enough to not be able to see through Biden's calculated "slip" (you know, the one that supposedly "forced" Obama to solidify his stance) and all of these pre-election epiphanies is just.......you know what? Just the NORM.

Yes though, following behind anyone blindly is never good...and most have been doing what is never good for a good while.

P.S. Cynique, I find it very disturbing that you would use such divisive language re: "And race will still matter". Obviously, there are a FEW in our post-racial society who just refuse to stop living in the past. :P

As long a race is used as a tool to pit the masses against each other, race will still matter. I may not be a racist, but If i live in a racist environment it would be reckless of me, or anyone, to behave as if I did not.

P also stands for Pontificator, Pushover, and Preacher.

Cynique forget it... The language has already changed to accommodate the new definition of the words "Husband" and "Wife". It started with the redefinition of the word "Marriage". Merriam Webster will catch up shortly (assuming she hasn’t already).

Waterstar, using your logic about King James is largely irrelevant with regard to those that believe in that version of the Bible. If one looked a little further back into history they would find things which might call the veracity of the whole book into question. People believe what they want to believe emotion trumps truth most of the time.

Sure the gay choir director in the Black church is almost a cliché, and while the minister might be giving the old fashioned fire and brimstone, homosexuality is an abomination sermon, no one in the audience will say anything -- because people who disagreed would be somewhere else.

As long a race is used as a tool to pit the masses against each other, race will still matter. I may not be a racist, but If i live in a racist environment it would be reckless of me, or anyone, to behave as if I did not.

P also stands for Pontificator, Pushover, and Preacher.

Cynique forget it... The language has already changed to accommodate the new definition of the words "Husband" and "Wife". It started with the redefinition of the word "Marriage". Merriam Webster will catch up shortly (assuming she hasn’t already).

Waterstar, using your logic about King James is largely irrelevant with regard to those that believe in that version of the Bible. If one looked a little further back into history they would find things which might call the veracity of the whole book into question. People believe what they want to believe emotion trumps truth most of the time.

Sure the gay choir director in the Black church is almost a cliché, and while the minister might be giving the old fashioned fire and brimstone, homosexuality is an abomination sermon, no one in the audience will say anything -- because people who disagreed would be somewhere else.

Actually, Troy, this is precisely why I find the subject of King James' sexuality relevant. Homosexuality is, without question, an abomination sermon in most black churches...and the most widely used version of the Bible, in black churches is the King James Version Bible. If homosexuality is such an abomination, would King James' homo/bisexuality (I wonder) matter to those in the black church who profess to feel so strongly about homosexuality? If Obama's recently revealed "personal thoughts" re: homosexuality/gay marriage are powerful enough to make otherwise Obama supporters vow to not vote for Obama, if it would change the way in which they relate to him, would the King James revelations (I wonder), in any way, change the ways in which they relate to the authorized version of King James.

You might find the logic in the post irrelevant (and that's quite okay), yet I wonder if the King James issue would be irrelevant to the people in question. It very well could be. It would not be too far off, however, from a man who is a best selling self help author with a loyal, global following of black women... Let's saya Bishop T. Cakes. (All hypothetical.) Now let's say that information comes out that Bishop T. Cakes was had beat his first wife on a regular basis, but that this was before he was born again ... For the sisters who have supported him passionately for years upon years, most of them who abhor abuse, I wonder if it would at all change anything. I wonder if it would change the way they saw him (i.e. moral authority) or change their buying patterns (as far as buying his books). or if it would be totally irrelevant to them.

No disagreement a,tall on the "P". Perhaps P also stands for Pimp, Prostitute... Predator, Prey.

Waterstar I may not understand your point. Are you saying that Obama's position, the numbers of Gay member in the church, and the possibility that King James was gay, might prompt the Church to embrace homosexuality in a large scale?

If so, a whole generation of Black folks need to die first.

I've spoken to folks who were rabid Obama supporters who are now very critic of Obama's position because of his stance on Homosexuality. So much so at least one is not gonna vote for him. They are no voting for Romney either -- they are gonna just opt out the process this go around.

Also I did not mean to imply "your" logic in the post irrelevant. I was meant it would be irrelevant to a Christian, as postions, like the one anti-homosexuality is not based upon logic, it is based upon faith. While faith and logic may overlap from time to time the intersection is purely coincidental.

One good argument which a lot of disgruntled black leaders are making is that Obama has bent over backwards to not show any favoritism towards Blacks, the implication being that this was a smart political move. Yet, he risks being re-elected by catering to the homo-sexual voting bloc, something that is alienating his most loyal supporters.

Every week some celebrity or liberal millionaire is throwing a big fund raiser for Obama, wining and dining him, raising millions of dollars, showcasing a smiling joking Obama and Michelle in her latest designer gowns, while the economy continues to struggle. No wonder Obama is not doing that great in the latest polls.

As far as I'm concerned, Romney amd Obama both leave a lot to be desired when it comes to making a choice. I can understand why not voting for either one is emerging as the easiest option.

Oh Troy, I did not at all take it as a personal attack on my intellectual gangsta! If I would have, I woulda holla'd at my folk (notice I didn't say boy/girl) Boitumelo to put a put a CAP in ya. haha

Actually, I wasn't even going that deeply with it, I was just wondering if those in the Black church who feel so strongly against homosexuality to the point that Obama's support for gay marriage will cause them to turn into ex-Obama supporters who do not vote for him would at all feel differently about King James (or if it would not even matter) if the issue of King James' less-than-hetero-sexuality came to light.

Cynique, you said:

"One good argument which a lot of disgruntled black leaders are making is that Obama has bent over backwards to not show any favoritism towards Blacks, the implication being that this was a smart political move. Yet, he risks being re-elected by catering to the homo-sexual voting bloc, something that is alienating his most loyal supporters."

Cynique, I have not said anything about that, but of course, it has been in my mental book of interesting observations. lol Still, a politician is what a politician does and Mr. Obama has a price just like most of the black leaders who are supporting him AS WELL AS most of the black leaders who are disgruntled.

Once upon a time, the president of America said, "SHOW ME DA MONEY!!" So in one corner of America, all the black people of America gathered, pooled all their money together and came up with much more love, passion, and emotional support for the president than money for the president. In the other corner of America, all the people of the LGBT community got gathered, pooled all their money together, and came up with "some" love, passion, and emotional for the president but much more money for the president than love, passion, and emotional support for him. So he President chose the LCBT community. The end.

Cynique:

(on how some disgruntled black leaders feel)"....Obama has bent over backwards to not show any favoritism towards Blacks..."

:o Ahhh snap! That was one WICKED double entendre! lol

Well Cynique, While I disagreed with your regarding Obama 4 years ago. I was all for voting for him because he was Black (was there really any other criteria upon which to make a really determination of his ability?)

This time around I tend to agree with most of your positions regarding this year's election. Whether expressed or not the Black electorate will demonstrate its agreement as well.

Waterstar/Cynique help me out the double entendre was lost on me? Remember, I went to public school.

:D I went to public school, too...and, outside of smart/wise fam, if it weren't for libraries and book stores to aid in self-education from young, I would probably be a complete idiot.

Wellllll Troy, perhaps it was an unintentional pun, but it would still be a curiosly random one, because gay politics and bending over backwards is just a queer (See? Like that.) pair.

I swear, Troy, I don't remember that my sentiments were that adamant one way or another about Obama 4 years ago, I was more focused on Hillary Clinton, and all the hate and criticism bein heaped on her which I thought was unwarranted. I voted for Obama wtih great pride and deliberation because McCain had a wife who was scarier lookin than Michelle and a running mate who was more of a ditz than Biden. Oh, yea, and because Obama was semi-black.

And, actually, Waterstar, the double entendre involved in the "bending over backward phrase" was inadvertant. It just came out that way, although I do love a good pun!

You're forgiven for not gettin it, Troy. And BTW, Merriam Webster is not a "she". Merriam is the surname of the brothers who owned the company that published Noah Webster's dictionary. ;)

Waterstar, well thank God for bookstore and libraries.

Cynique, all this time I thought Merriam was some bespectacled, spinster feverishly keeping up with our rapidly evolving language. Speaking of keeping up with language. There is a guy I do a lot of work with. In many way we business partners. Sometime I have to catch myself when I introduce him as my "partner". That was was redefined as well.