Rosa Guy Passed Recently

rosaguy.jpg

I learned from a local journalist and author Cheryl Wills, of New York City's NY1 that Rosa Guy passed recently. I don't know the exact date, but I believe it was within the past week.

Rosa was a Harlem based author, and literary activist. Her first book was published in the mid 60's (I believe), she co-founded the Harlem Writer's Guild. She was also a member of a Black nationalist literary organization, On Guard for Freedom.

She is definitely, as I would say, "An Author You Should Know".

Cheryl's TV station did a segment on Rosa Guy but I missed it. I've been searching the net for over 24 hours and I have yet to see a mention of Rosa's passing. If I have not heard this from Cheryl directly I might have believed it was a hoax.

While I appreciate relatively few people know Rosa Guy and therefore the media is uninterested, but one of my complains over the last few years has been who, and what is covered online and how it has changed over the last decade for the worse, computers are faster, better and cheaper. But we are less informed, more superficial than ever before...

RIP Rosa