I'm about to go on one of my flights of fancies.

Hello All,

I was watching my girl Rachel Maddow the other night. This night happened to be after that fool Pat Robertson said that the Haitian people asked for that earthquake because their ancestors had made a deal with the devil in order to get the France's foot off their necks to become free from slavery. He's ignorant as all hell. The Haitian Ambassador was a guest of Rachel Maddow and he dropped some knowledge that I did not know: that if it was not for the Haitian people freeing themselves from the French, the French would not have sold the US the Louisiana Purchase. Many of you know that the Louisiana Purchase basically doubled, more than doubled, the United States.

My interest was peeked and I got to looking for books--novels cause you all know I do fiction a lot better than I do non-fiction--that deals with the Haitian slave revolt. The novels that surfaced was the trilogy by Madison Smartt Bell: All Souls' Rising, Master of the Crossroads and The Stone the Builder Refused. Believe it or not, I had my copy of All Souls' Rising for years and never read it. After the conversation, I had to pull it down and put it on the pile. I see when it comes to our history, we still have to go out there and get it!

I was watching my girl Rachel Maddow the other night. This night happened to be after that fool Pat Robertson said that the Haitian people asked for that earthquake because their ancestors had made a deal with the devil in order to get the France's foot off their necks to become free from slavery. He's ignorant as all hell. The Haitian Ambassador was a guest of Rachel Maddow and he dropped some knowledge that I did not know: that if it was not for the Haitian people freeing themselves from the French, the French would not have sold the US the Louisiana Purchase. Many of you know that the Louisiana Purchase basically doubled, more than doubled, the United States.

Nice snippet of information. I also did not realize there was a relationship between the ouster of France from Haiti and the Louisiana Purchase. And yes, when I learned of the mindless racist blather of Limbaughs comments, I also heard about the simple minded nauseous nonsense of Rat Robinson. It was disgusting and inexcusable. I have no idea what world people who think like Limbaugh and Robinson live in. Neither have any links to reality. An indisputable fact....