Walter Mosley

Guest Smiley Face

Guest Smiley Face

For better or worse I am a Walter Mosley fan. I've supported all of his novels. As of late I'm kind of wondering If he's really trying to say something? Or are his recent novels Diablerie Killing Johnny Fry his attempt at jumping on the trash novel bandwagon without being too transparent. Beyond the racial dynamics,the sex that is more graphic than required and it puts me in the mind of a wierd Zane novel.

Hello All,

Smiley Face: I have those two Mosley novels, but I haven't read them. I don't believe that he is jumping on any bandwagon, per se. I would imagine that he's stretching his artistic muscle. I also wonder if sales might have anything to do with it.

For better or worse I am a Walter Mosley fan. I've supported all of his novels.

My best friend is a Mosley fan also. And as I recall, so is former president Bill Clinton. But I have to be honest about this. I read a few of his books years ago and I just couldn't get with it. I really couldn't. My best friend is a major fan of murder, mystery, detective and "who done it" type fiction. I guess reading nothing but factual grammatically and syntactically sanitized biographies and history books has warped my appreciation for the fiction genre of literature and street pulp......