Monday fun day

I just can't get enough of this silly song. Why, I don't know. My grandson even threatened to shoot a video of me singing it so he could add it to YouTube's collection of diffent covers of it. This link provides one of the more interesting versions for those of you who are tired of serious subjects. ;)

http://youtu.be/lEsPhTbJhuo

• Like 10

Why? I have know idea either :o Cynique. That you could find unbounded pleasure from this requires no explanation.

I was only interested 'cause The Roots provided the music.

"Music Room": Backstage before the show, Jimmy, Carly Rae Jepsen, and The Roots grabbed some instruments you'd find in an elementary school classroom and performed "Call Me Maybe."

Carly Rae Jepsen - vocals, triangle

Jimmy Fallon - wood block, tambourine, bass drum

Questlove - washboard stick, kazoo, recorder

Tuba Gooding Jr. - kazoo, recorder

Frank Knuckles - bongos

Captain Kirk - ukulele

James Poyser - melodica

Mark Kelley - toy xylophone

Black Thought - tambourine

Nana always said if you can't find nothing nice to say, maybe it's cause there is nothing nice to say. Mums said there's always something good somewhere, even when we have to look really hard to find it. :-)

Actually, I thought that the instrument selection was particularly interesting, especially when I reflect on how school systems are gutting music ed. programs along with other programs that help students to develop creatively.

This video just helps to reinforce the argument that it does not always take loads of money to save such programs.

I know this was supposed to be "Fun Monday", but fun is relative To some, standing in the gap for our children is not boring at all.. :P Can't you see younger children on these, for the most part, simple instruments having fun while learning this song (and learning to improvise)? Could be donated or second hand or even student-made made instruments. Clips of this video should be paid to support keeping music ed.

My goodness, too. It has been so long since I've even seen a kazoo. I dig the creativity. You know when you got The Roots involved creatively, you are going to see the ordinary become extraordinary. Surely they proceed...and continue...even if they rockin mostly through toy instruments. ;)

I have to admit Cynique the White folks leading Blacks did cross my mind -- but hey it was "Monday Fun Day"

This video just helps to reinforce the argument that it does not always take loads of money to save such programs. Waterstar, that is so very true.

I have to admit Cynique the White folks leading Blacks did cross my mind -- but hey it was "Monday Fun Day"

This video just helps to reinforce the argument that it does not always take loads of money to save such programs. Waterstar, that is so very true.

That is true. Another area that is taking severe cuts is physical education. Are people really noticing how much bigger and how fatigued these kids are these days? Guess people don't have to notice though, because as it goes with many of those legislating such nonsense, their children are either grown or are attending private schools at which their children are receiving all the stuff they gut for public ed budgets plus much, much more.

Politicians are only part of the problem, though. We don't stand up for our children. Perhaps it is because we don't feel that they are ours anymore.

Bigup elders who stand in the gap for our children like Dick Gregory. Much respect to educators/consultants who really give a darn about our children like Jawanza Kunjufu and Jonathan Kozol, Sister Fulani, and others selflessly standing for much more than drive-by advocacy.

• 2 weeks later...

95-year-old Phylis Diller has passed. She was a looney tune, and a pioneer in the field of female comediennes. R.I.P. ol girl.

I always take note of senior citizens who defy stereotypes. Especially those who poked fun at themselves and told the rest of the world to stuff it. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It ain't Monday but these letters to advice columnist Abigail Van Buren are funny anyhow. A warm up for the upcoming presidential debate.

Dear Abby,

What can I do about all the Sex, Nudity, Fowl Language and Violence on my VCR?

Dear Abby,

I have a man I can't trust. He cheats so much, I'm not even sure the baby I'm carrying is his.

Dear Abby,

I am a twenty-three year old liberated woman who has been on the pill for two years. It's getting expensive and I think my boyfriend should share half the cost, but I don't know him well enough to discuss money with him.

Dear Abby,

I've suspected that my husband has been fooling around, and when confronted with the evidence, he denied everything and said it would never happen again.

Dear Abby,

I was married to Bill for three months and I didn't know he drank until one night he came home sober.

Dear Abby,

My mother is mean and short tempered I think she is going through mental pause.

Remember, these people probably watch fox news and can vote!

--

• Like 1