• There's a rumor that in Asian and Jewish homes, any grade less than an A means that changes will have to be made. In White homes, anything less than a B means that changes will be made. Unfortunately, in Black homes, as long as you pass, everything is okay.

• The future of te Black race lies in the hands of White female teachers and single-parent mothers.

• Why does parent involvement in school decline as the child grows older?

• Every boy needs a male role model. You can't be what you have not seen. Boys will be what they see.

• The teacher has your son for 180 days. You have your son for a minimum of 18 years.

• Many fatherless boys are aggressive and possess a derogatory attitude toward females.

• Is your son suffering from ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or DD (Dad Deficiency Disorder)?

• This may be the first generation of Black boys to never leave home.

• What slavery did not do to the Black family has been done by crack cocaine.

• It is easier to raise boys than to fix men. When a boy is born, he needs female nurturing.

• In studying great people, I found that somebody in their family was crazy about them.

• Are you teaching your son to get a good education in order to land a good job or to develop a good business?

• Are parents today more self-centered than they were in the past?

• Do not let anyone break your son's spirit.

Some points from "Framework" Jawanza Kunjufu

• Like 1

* In 1980, one of every ten African American male was involved in the penal system. In 2007, one every three African American males was involved in the penal system. It is projected that in 2020, two of every three African American males will be involved in the penal system.

"Take the case of Malcolm Little. I didn't say Detroit Red or Malcolm X. I said Malcolm Little. He was a brilliant eighth grade honor-roll student. One day in school, his teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. Malcolm said he wanted to be a lawyer. I believe Malcolm would have been one of our best. Unfortunately, his teacher told Malcolm he couldn't be a lawyer and cruelly advised him to be a carpenter. This brilliant eighth-grade honor-roll student was initially destroyed by the words of his teacher. Words turned an honor roll student into a drug dealer and criminal."- Jawanza Kunjufu