Tarnished Kudos

536699_10150968282356689_48822286_n.jpg

I find this info to be an interesting tid-bit because I am always fascinated with the idea of looking at things in a different way!

Thrilled with Gabby's "flying squirrel" nickname? Not so much. The media always finds a way to compare black athletes to animals. Nuts to them!

• Like 3

First name unscrambled "Baby G"

The media did not make up Gabby's name. Indeed I read somewhere, early on that she liked the name. If you saw her on uneven parallel bars the name fits :lol: I saw her compete earlier in the year -- amazing. Indeed all the women were.

Now if they called her the "flying monkey" I would have an issue with that -- whether she liked the name or not :)

LOL. Well, OK. I went out and looked at some of the squirrels scrambling around my neighborhood, and they weren't very good in their dismounts and many of them had gray fur but - - if Gabby likes it, I luv it. I'm also lovin that "Baby G" thing.

I'm just hoping the black stallions on the USA relay track team don't drop the damned baton this year!

Dear Gabby, (Baby G)

We are all so proud of you! You're an inspiration to young black girls everywhere. Your talent and skills have brought you fame and will soon net you a fortune. It has been estimated that your endorsements will translate into millions of dollars, enough to get your hair done and bail your momma out of bankruptcy. You will soon be overwhelmed and your whole world will change, and you'll have to grow up fast! Here's a bit of advice from ol Cynique, who's been around a long time and knows the ropes. :unsure:

602367_399635233428778_525857709_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...