Why Black Children Need to Read and Write Science Fiction

This weekend (August 18, 2012) I'm part of a panel at Happily Natural Day in Atlanta. We're discussing why black children need to read and write science fiction. I know my reason, but how about yours? Do you think black children should read and write science fiction? Why or why not? I'm interested in your feedback.

• Like 1

Hi Milton I received a direct message from @crazyquits on Twitter

"Hi! If you could send me a blurb about the Happily Natural Day and why Black children should read andwrite SF, I'd be glad to post it on my blog"

If you are interested in responding please follow up directly

This weekend (August 18, 2012) I'm part of a panel at Happily Natural Day in Atlanta. We're discussing why black children need to read and write science fiction. I know my reason, but how about yours? Do you think black children should read and write science fiction? Why or why not? I'm interested in your feedback.

I think anything that requires black kids to expand their imaginations and inspire their creativity is good. Reading and writing science fiction actually serves a dual purpose because it can be a fun way to encourage an interest in science along with providing a way to improve writing skills. It is also an activity that can wean these youngsters off the mind-numbing video games that only serve to make them an extension of someone else's imagination

]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=GHETTOHEAT

SONZ OF DARKNESS BY DRU NOBLE IS AN EXCELLENT SCI-FI ADVENTURE! A GHETTOHEAT® PRODUCTION!

HICKSON: CEO of GHETTOHEAT®

Publisher of GHETTOHEAT®, CONVICT’S CANDY, HARDER, AND GOD CREATED WOMAN, LONDON REIGN, SONZ OF DARKNESS, TANTRUM, LOVE DON'T LOVE NOBODY, THICKNESS, GHOST TOWN HUSTLERS, TRUALITY, DIRRRTY, CLUB AVENUE, TOUGH, UGLY/BEAUTIFUL: ME, SOME SEXY, & SKATE ON!

GHETTOHEAT® | P.O. BOX 2746 | NEW YORK, NY 10027 | GHETTOHEAT.COM | @GHETTOHEAT | @HICKSONHOTNESS

GHETTOHEAT®: THE HOTNESS IN THE STREETS!!!™

• 4 months later...