Troy

Black & Write - A documentary on black authors and the publishing business

@ Carey Carey

Thanks for the love, fam

I know what the hell I’m talking about…LOL

I speak on things I know…and look, listen and observe on subjects I know nothing about

Troy and Cynique are too stuck on the age factor to take heed of what I know considering I’ve LIVED the Hip-Hop culture

@ Cynique

Side A

Why not question me about the positive aspects of Hip-Hop?

Why negativity ALWAYS has to be synonymous with Hip-Hop in general and rap music specifically?

There are rappers and rap producers who are currently teachers and professors like 9th Wonder and NY Oil

Why not talk about that???

If someone in the Hip-Hop community does something righteous, the masses turn a blind eye

But let a rapper shoot someone or engages in criminality and you'll see that get full blown coverage

It seems like the only people who have lopsided views about Hip-Hop are those who are least knowledgeable about the culture such as yourself

Side B

You say you have a limited understanding about Hip-Hop, and yet you STILL find ways to stereotype Hip-Hop as a whole which is recklessness within itself

You negated the fact that every region and city has their own style

If you go to LA, you might see dudes wearing Khakis, Cortez Nikes, and Chuck Taylors instead of Timberlands and Hoodies

Of course rap music can be negative…America created that Frankenstein considering the conditions that a good number of the artists have come from

Rap music is American as apple pie

Point blank period

Have I really said anything bad about hip-hop, Nah'Suh??? Just because I can take it or leave, doesn't mean I think it's worthless. It just ain't my cup of tea. As steeped as you are in your devotion to hip-hop, why do you even care what I think about it?? Since I preface what I say with the caveat that I don't know that much about hip-hop, then I'm exonerated. Didn't I request that you correct me? Did I dispute your accusation that I gave stereotypical examples in my limited knowledge of this subject?. And a lot of what I said was tongue in cheek. But you can't take teasing!

And I don't know who's any more stuck on the age thing than you. You're the one who can't let it go. Why should it make a difference to you if I think you've got some maturing to do. If you're secure in your skin, my opinion should'nt matter. And again, you attribute a lot of what I say to my age. You can dish it out, but can't take it. Grow up! :lol:

Your getting uptight about me sterotyping hip-hoppers says a lot about you and your beloved "culture", Nah'Suh. If I can take you at your word, under close scrutiny, there is no such thing as a typical hip-hopper. They are not only "this", they can also be "that". They might be one way or - they may be another. This being the case, what makes them unique??? Presumably, the only way hip-hoppers can be identified is if they place this label on themselves. Apparently, they are a loose-knit segment of the black populace who have one thing in common: They are fans of Rap music and are tolerant of street lit. Whatever.

Your impression that I said "bad" things about your "cult" was a subjective reaction. In my post giving my version of hip-hop, I did not criticize. When I said that "keeping it real" was the hip-hop credo then, to me, this excused a multitude of sins, especially since I'm not a Polly-Anna. I'm not appalled by gangsta rap because I consider the source. I'm detached about fashion choices because folks are entitled to do their own thing. Booze and drugs? Whatever floats your boat. Booty calls? Enjoy. Anti-establishment? Count me in. In the twilight of my years, I've learned to live and let live. But I'm also a cynic and have concluded that some people live a little more sensibly than others.

• Like 2

Your getting uptight about me sterotyping hip-hoppers says a lot about you and your beloved "culture", Nah'Suh. If I can take you at your word, under close scrutiny, there is no such thing as a typical hip-hopper. They are not only "this", they can also be "that". They might be one way or - they may be another. This being the case, what makes them unique??? Presumably, the only way hip-hoppers can be identified is if they place this label on themselves. Apparently, they are a loose-knit segment of the black populace who have one thing in common: They are fans of Rap music and are tolerant of street lit. Whatever.

Your impression that I said "bad" things about your "cult" was a subjective reaction. In my post giving my version of hip-hop, I did not criticize. When I said that "keeping it real" was the hip-hop credo then, to me, this excused a multitude of sins, especially since I'm not a Polly-Anna. I'm not appalled by gangsta rap because I consider the source. I'm detached about fashion choices because folks are entitled to do their own thing. Booze and drugs? Whatever floats your boat. Booty calls? Enjoy. Anti-establishment? Count me in. In the twilight of my years, I've learned to live and let live. But I'm also a cynic and have concluded that some people live a little more sensibly than others.

#Stereotypes

#Generalizations

Weak. Is that your best shot, Nah'Sun? You're not "holding your own". You're holding your limp dong. :lol:

Because the last sentence in the above post would bring what was an intelligent discussion to an ignoble end, since I wrote it, I will take it upon myself to bring closure in a more civil manner. The sentence was a figurative one; graphic in the image it conjured up. :wacko: But it is an example of what an exchange can degenerate into when, to paraphrase writergirl's observation, people write and write for the sake of seeing their words in print. :unsure:

Nah'Sun wrote and wrote and wrote, pontificating on his favorite subject like a Trekkie at a Star Trek convention. Me and others offered our opinions, writing and writing and writing but this input rolled off Nah'Sun's back. Not only was he the undisputed authority on the subject of Hip-Hop, but - his age was just a number! The world gasped. :o Guess what happened next? Nah'Sun ran out of words. And nobody cared... -_- zzzzzzzz

What is the moral of this story? If you call yourself "Nah'Sun", don't be surprised if you get "Nah'Mooned". :blink:

• Like 1

Cynique, please don't fool yourself into believing (and you're not convincing anyone else) that Nah'Sun points were not well taken by those of us whose views are not biased. On the other hand, I saw your comments as a severe case of DENIAL.

Listen, as I see it, Nah'Sun did not run out of words per se, he just got tired of trying to teach an old dog new tricks. I mean, you've admitted to be cynical and some have defined you as "bitter", so what purpose would it serve to continually build a platform for you to run around spewing hater-aid infused envy and jealousy?

Do you ever know what the hell you're talking about in your ongoing efforts to monitor and moderate what goes on here, carey? Does it ever occur to you that as "you see it" may be skewed because of your resentment of me? You're the one in denial. Input by Troy and writergirl were the points that were not well taken by Nah'Sun as he continued to blow them off. None of us ever said that he didn't know what he was talking about, but when it came to me, he preferred to tap dance around everything I said because he couldn't bring himself to concede that I was not totally wrong in my impressions of hip-hop. Of course you can't discern this because you're too busy suckin up to Nah'Sun, probably hoping he'd check out your bog, - oops I mean blog.

And why would I be jealous because Nah'Sun knows more about hip hop than me? Is that something an old lady like me should be envious of? Does that make any sense? You're silly beyond words. And the pathetic thing about it is that you think you are so on point about everything. Get some new material. Bottom line is is that you want Troy to give you a corner because you've been here longer than I have and you're lealous.

Personally, I hope Nah'Sun comes back to discuss other subjects. The more the merrier, I always say. I also hope Milton returns. He always had interesting things to say - unlike you who are about as interesting as dirt.

@ Carey

I was on vacation...which means I have something that Cynique needs…A LIFE

Other than that, you’re absolutely right…I got bored with the discussion…time to move on

@ Cynique

*translates Cynique's post by the way of Charlie Brown's teacher*

Wha wha wha WHA wha WHA wha wha WHA wha WHA

Yada, yada, yada, Nah'whatever. Yeah, you got a life, all right, stuck in your hIp-hop mode, a hopeless personification of Arrested Development. :wacko:

I've lived my life, and when you're a retired lady of leisure like me, the life I have left is made more amusing by people like you who are clueless as to what a joke you are. :blink:

Vacation, hell, You were probably somewhere curled up in a fetal position, sucking your thumb, trying to convince yourself that you matter. You and carey make a good couple. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.