The Hidden Colors: The Untold History of Aboriginal, Moor & African Descent

The Hidden Colors: The Untold History of Aboriginal, Moor & African Descent

Hidden Colors is a documentary about the real and untold history of people of color around the globe. This film discusses some of the reasons the contributions of African and aboriginal people have been left out of the pages of history. Traveling around the country, the film features scholars, historians, and social commentators who uncovered such amazing facts about things such as: *The original image of Christ *The true story about the Moors *The original people of Asia *The great west African empires *The presence of Africans in America before Columbus *The real reason slavery was ended And much more.

Hidden Colors 2: The Triumph Of Melanin

• 1 year later...

Hidden Colors 3 is out now:

hidden-colors-3.jpg

It is so odd that I just learned today (July 29, 2014) that the producer and director of this film Tariq Nasheed is also a NY Times Best selling author.

I first learned about the first Hidden Colors documentary film in a Black owned independent bookstore in Virgina, Positive Vibes.  I asked the Brother who was showing me around the store.  What was the best selling thing they had.  He showed me the Hidden Colors DVD; which I purchased.  The DVD had been out for over a year (I posted information above at that time). 

I can't help but think that 10 years ago I would not have missed, the fact this Brother had a NY Times bestselling book or even the popularity of the Hidden Colors documentary.  Despite our so called interconnectedness with social media, there really has been a great reduction in the amount of useful information being propagated online over years.

I just noticed Tariq was discussed on our discussion forums back in 2008.  I was not part of that conversation.  I also see that Emmanuel said he was reading Tariq's bestseller, back in 2004.  So I guess there was opportunities for me to learn about Tariq's work here on my own website. :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Guest brionajones@gmail.com

i really love these movies and books because it really goes into details about where i came from and about my african american people who don't know this and it's sad that they don't teach kids about their culture and where they came from.

-Briona Jones

• Like 1