President Obama's 2nd term

After a long and overbearing presidential race, President Barack Obama has been re-elected. We no longer have to wonder who will lead our nation for the next 4 years and all major political campaigning can be put aside for a few years. The president and the DNC ran a great campaign and both should enjoy their victory, but the battle to improve the economy has just begun.

Will President Obama be able to lead our nation into economic prosperity? Will congress come together to help improve this nation, instead of playing politics? I believe the answers to these questions are not as important as many people may think. Why? The answer is simple; government does not dictate the direction of the economy. That charge remains firmly in the grasp of all American citizens.

We must make the important decisions that will dictate the direction of the U.S. economy. We will have to decide if we will continue to support companies that ship jobs American jobs overseas. We must be motivated to create new ways to address our constant need for energy and convenience. Most importantly, we must hold all politicians responsible for fulfilling their promises.

President Obama and all other winners from last night's election have made a lot of promises, but we can't accept another 40 - 60 percent fulfillment rate. We must hold them all responsible for their failures. How can we do this? While voting is a powerful tool for us to express our feelings, more is needed to hold politicians accountable for their commitments. We can't simply wait another two years to kick some people out of their government offices. We have to address their failures by cutting off the money supply. If political season promises are not kept, don't contribute a dime towards the next campaign. We should stop supporting all companies and organizations that openly support these promises breakers. Money talks in D.C. and it is time for our voices to be heard. This is where the opportunity to improve our government resides and we must use it to our advantage.

http://moneyetiquette.com/blog

• Like 5

I hear you FinanceFree the next four years will be interesting. I just hope for the sake of my small business and family that things improve -- in a hurry! I not sure how many shocks my little business can absorb, shitty economy, publishing in turmoil, high tuition, even Hurricane Sandy...

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and Thank God!!!

Besides the fact that I adore Obama, I couldn't bear the thought of listening to Mitt the Twit's nonsensical gibberish for 4 to 8 years. Hopefully he and his snooty phony wife and the rest of his clones will disappear into oblivion (fingers crossed) unlike John McCain who keeps lingering around with his stink nasty rotten sour grapes! Just go away ppl.

As to what the future holds - who knows? I do feel that ppl need to get up off of their own asses and make something happen for themselves and stop waiting around for politicians to make decisions for them. The ppl drive the economy, not the president. There's plenty of money out here as evidenced by the latest astronomical iphone sales (or whatever is was that Apple sold 3M of the other day). You just have to figure out how to get an income stream flowing your way and work to make it happen.

Anyway, I hope that Mr. Troy, Cynique and everyone here is doing well. I've been doing okay, just keeping very busy. Life is good. Thank you Jesus for all the blessings.

Love you all!!!

MZURI! I'm glad life is good with you. Life is good with me too despite my bitching and moaning about everything else lately :-)

While the prospect of Romney in the oval office gave me the heebie-jeebies and I can't exactly fall to my knees and thank the Almighty over an Obama win either.

People were dancing in the streets here in Harlem. I'll get more excited with results...

Yes Cynique, I was republican for a while a few years ago. But I've since changed my mind and have voted for Obama three times - in one primary and two presidential elections. Unfortunately Texas electorals went to the republicans but hopefully that will change next time.

Troy with a case of heebie-jeebies? Too funny!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad he won, but now as AfroAmericans we need to put together a sound workable AGENDA to present to him to make sure OUR needs and wants are being met this time around. What does it say to the world that we had an AfroAmerican President in the Whitehouse for 8 years and conditions in the Black community still continued to deteriorate?

It says to the world that Barack Obama was so busy trying to be president of all the people that he stiffed the ones who got him elected. And It's not like he can deliver on any agenda submitted to him by his black constituency. The senators elected by the peope who didn't vote for Obama couldn't care less about what the president and his black supporters want. Can you say "lame duck"?

As I've been observing politics for 20 years or so the thing I've noticed was that since the 90's middle-aged conservative Whites have become more emboldened and militant while Black people as a whole have become more passive and satisfied or uninvolved all together. Where is the AfroAmerican version of the Tea Party? What mass Black socio/political movement has been held since the Million Man March? Also, most Black people tend to focus more on the politician himself rather than the issue that he/she is supposed to be supporting, promoting, or representing and that's the mistake our people have been making for 30 years. In other words, rather than saying we demand Universal healthcare, more good paying jobs with benefits in urban areas, and a public educational system that ensures ALL public schools are of the same quality regardless of regional income......to many of our people just vote for a politican because they're a Democrat or Black and ASSUME that they'll fight for what's best for us.

I agree. But Obama was the one who tailored his political platform to appeal to the best interest of Black people. Then he flipped. Still black voters hung in there, because they had no choice.

If Blacks have become increasingly passive, it's because they're disillusioned, finally realizing that you can't beat the system. The powers-that-be always prevail, and - "the revolution will not be televised."

• Like 1

Pioneer1 Welcome to the boards!

I'm so disillusioned by the political process that I don't trust anyone who is successful enough to get elected. Obama was about as qualified as Paul Ryan to be president. And Paul Ryan was not qualified.

We voted for Obama because we wanted a Black man in the office and he promised everyone else a desperately desired change.

We got more of the same. If Hillary was not tied of with Bill Clinton she may have had a chance, but her opportunity was a direct result of being mixed up with Bill... Anyone who expects anything different out of Obama is woefully optimistic. Unfortunately the Republicans have MORE of an incentive to jam Barack up. The resolution of the "fiscal cliff" will be quite telling.

So while team Obama skill at winning elections is prodigious, governing is a completely different skill set.

To quote a keen observer of the passing seen, "The powers-that-be always prevail, and - "the revolution will not be televised.""

Cynique

Lol, illegal Mexican migrant workers who don't even have a highschool education...

Can't even speak English.....

Have found a way to beat the system and sneak in the world's most powerful nation, make money in it, and even get foodstamps and medical treatment inside the system.

If THEY can dance their way across the border and beat the system, what's the Black man's problem?

The problem is not the ABILITY....the problem is the WILL.

If you were to go to the average local shopping mall you probably wouldn't be able to find a dozen Black men willing to sit down and have an intelligent political conversation with you about politics in this nation and where things are headed.

Disillusion comes from a person actually TRYING to do something or go somewhere but failed. When you don't even put for the effort it's called shiftlessness and shiftlessness is what the AfroAmerican community in suffering from today.

Troy

Thank you!

Back in 2008 I actually thought that Hillary would have been a better choice for Democrats than Obama because I knew being a woman with something to prove she would actually be more likely to fight for Democrat and liberal ideals rather than wasting time trying to reach across the aisles. And it appears that my suspicious were justified. Obama has wasted too much time trying to avoid the "angry Black man" image.

Yes, I agree with you Pioneer - to a degree. Mexicans are managing to survive by using the system, but they are not beating it as they hover together, afraid to assert themselves, working at low wage jobs, living in constant fear of immigration authorities. The same is true of black people, when it comes to getting over on the welfare plantation. But anytime you are totally dependent on the charity of the government, then you are at its mercy. And this is what The System is designed to do. The underclasses wield no power. They are enslaved to the perks that rob them of their initiative.

Yes, shiftlessness does plague the black race. And since nobody knows how to eliminate it, disillusionment sets in. Everybody shoots me down when I say this, but I still think most of our problems stem back to the wanton breeding on the part of young single black women and their poor parenting skills. Most people want to blame it on something else.

Hillary probably would've fared better than Obama as president, Troy, mostly because she would've had slick Willy advising her. I've never been impressed with Obama's inner circle. They've never had their finger on the pulse of black America. As soon as Obama was elected, getting re-elected became the priority and every move was calculated to pacify everybody but black folks.

• Like 1

Cynique

Yes, I agree with you Pioneer - to a degree. Mexicans are managing to survive by using the system, but they are not beating it as they hover together, afraid to assert themselves, working at low wage jobs, living in constant fear of immigration authorities. The same is true of black people, when it comes to getting over on the welfare plantation. But anytime you are totally dependent on the charity of the government, then you are at its mercy. And this is what The System is designed to do. The underclasses wield no power. They are enslaved to the perks that rob them of their initiative.

Not only that, but I've learned that there are certain spiritual laws that can not be violated without there usually being a consequence.

If you look at people are are always begging, borrowing, and trying to get something for nothing....they're are alway broke and don't have anything; which keeps them in that position.

I've noticed that they rarely give charity while those who are the wealthiest tend to give plenty of thier own will.

Too many people of color both AfroAmerican and Latino are on the receiving end of charity and other people's good will thinking their "slick" and getting over when they are really conditioning themselves and their children to be scavengers living on the bottom of society.

Yes, shiftlessness does plague the black race. And since nobody knows how to eliminate it, disillusionment sets in. Everybody shoots me down when I say this, but I still think most of our problems stem back to the wanton breeding on the part of young single black women and their poor parenting skills. Most people want to blame it on something else.

Yes sir, I believe immorality is the greatest problem in the Black community today and all the other problems STEM from this main problem.

Take illiteracy and poor academic scores for example.....

It's not like Black students spend 10 hours a day sweating over text books at the dining room table trying to learn math and science but just can't comprehend the words or remember them. Most don't even bother to study at all thinking they learned all they need to know in the class room; and most of those who do bother to study have the radio or television on or are on the phone and aren't focused enough to study in silence the way most Korean and Indian students do. And these habits show up in poor grades and lack of higher degrees.

This problem doesn't come from a slow brain which is an intellectual problem, but from laziness and misplaced priorities which is an ethical/moral problem of personal character.

As long as immorality and unethical behavior in the AfroAmerican community is supported and encouraged, expect the problems to continue.

You are right Pioneer we don't have slow brains. As with obesity, behavior is the culprit not genetics.

Anyone who questions the potential or the intelligence of Black people need only look to the African immigrants across the Diaspora.

Africans are kicking butt in many quarters, corporate America, academia, athletics, entertainment, and entrepreneurial endeavors.

Pioneer, perhaps we should look to the Africans in our midist for inspiration and role models for sucess in this system.

Cynique apparently Slick Willy was instrumental in getting Obama reelected. I wonder what that support will cost him, us really, in the long run...

Troy

Yes, most Africans I know tend to be very successful.

They tend to be very family oriented which provides a decent and stable environment for children to excel in academically.

I remember at the highschool I went to it was over 75% Black but there were only a few African (West African) students there and they were not only on the honor roll but were on debate teams and involved in just about every progressive program the school had to offer, lol.

It's interesting to me how Africans and West Indians are constantly being left out when they want to talk about race and test scores in America. Most African students do just as well as Koreans, Indians, and other so-called "model minorities" that society likes to point to as examples of achievement.

Speaking of diet and obesity, I really think that when Black people adopt a diet that is more native to us biologically (less animal fats and more fresh fruits and vegetables and fish) I think it helps us not only physically but intellectually.

• Like 1