Sign in to follow this  
Pioneer1

Where Does Your Inspiration Come From?

-_- zzzzzzzzzz. Once again you're having a field day, Pioneer, attacking the messenger because of the messages, messages you desperately try to ignore although they espouse points of view that many of the great philosophers from the renaissance period embraced, not to mention the foundling fathers of this country like Benjamin Franklin, and other great thinkers of the 20th century like Bertram Russell and Albert Einstein. You continue to chide me for not shackling myself to just one credo, reprimanding me for daring to inject a hint of sexism by making reference to your chauvinistic posturing! My, my! What a bad girl I've been! Considering your mental inertia, I really don't care whether you equate my being a free spirit with being "unstable". Doesn't bother me because I'm not seeking your approval or do I give any weight to your psycho-babble and half-truths. I don't have to justify to you what I say or provide you with explanations. If I'm "wrong", who cares? I don't. After all, to me, "wrong" is relative. I hope it will really frost your balls when I reveal that Buddhism is also a favorite on my food-for-thought menu. It's such a refreshing change from the prosyletizing of numb skulls like you who are full of themselves.

The more you preach, the more I realize that you consider me a threat, a jolt to your comfort zone because your blind faith needs validation. In the peep hole of your view, I am supposed to follow your commandments and pay homage to you by embracing the herd mentality that would require me to put my brain on lock-down and put my trust into something that can't be relied upon, as evidenced by how for centuries Black people have remained entrenched at the bottom of the totem pole, praisin' de lawd for blessing them with misery. This is something you seemed to have overlooked when piously expressing concern about what "crafty people" are doing to unsuspecting Blacks who have so blatantly been forsaken by the "creator" you worship..

From the cracked pedestal you've placed yourself on, you can continue to try and portray me as a confused, troubled soul in need of your blubbering consul, and I will continue to regard you as a clueless windbag who is deflated by anyone who has an open mind and enjoys speculating about the infinite possibilities of what might be...

I thought it was being objective. Any good, well-informed debater can argue either side of a question.

Jazz pianist Errol Garner could accompany himself, playing a song at one tempo on one hand and at another tempo on the other hand. He was considered a musical genius.

Lawwwd, lawwd, lawwd.........lol.

That projector she's using is so worn out and raggedy, no wonder she has a hard time trying to focus which one of the images she's trying to project on people.

Angela Davis Cynique

Oh, so now you're miss "pro-Black - don't lock my peops down" right????

Trying to equate believing in God with oppressing the Black man, lol.

Well are you a FEMINIST or BLACK REVOLUTIONARY?

Again.....you really need to make up your mind sweetie, you can't be both because feminism came straight out of the same back of tricks that atheism came out of.

Just like atheism was thrown out there to destroy the morality and spirituality of Black people; feminism was also thrown out by the same people to destroy the masculinity and family structure of the Black community.

I'm not attacking the messenger and I'm sure not attacking the message because I can't figure out WHAT IS the damn message, lol.....you have so many of them.

You claim there is no God or devil and that people have made these things up, then you look up with a dazed smile and espouse a curiousity about an Omnipotent Force and Supreme Intelligence somewhere in the universe.

Then you flap your wings like mother goose all over people who dare say that atheists have no morals claiming that atheists are often good and decent people, then turn right around and say that there really isn't any such thing as "good" and that morality is also non-existant.

So I'm not suprised that the philosphy of Buddhism is also on your menu (to go along with your taste for a deep dish of toasted frosted balls), because you're still searching and don't know WHAT to believe.

But don't feel so bad about yourself, brother Pioneer understands these things......

I just ask that if you're ignorant and KNOW you're ignorant, stop arguing and frontin' like you know.

You see, I'm MAN enough to give credit to where credit is due....lol.

I may not be a Christian, but I'm MAN enough to acknowledge that it was the strong belief in the Black Church along with Christian brothers like Marcus Garvey and Martin Luther King who spearheaded the Civil Rights movement. It was their strong faith in God that gave them to courage to confront and help bring down Jim Crow.

I may not be in the Nation of Islam but I'm MAN enough to acknowledge that that religious movement produced the likes of Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X who futher advanced the progress of our people. There RELIGIOUS philosophy helped to turn around and improve an incalcuable number of Black lives.

Now put down the snowballs and point to the atheistic negroes who worship the religion of Western science (that tells him he's the missing link between the chimpanzee and the White man), and tell me what THEY have done in the way of liberating or advancing thier people.

You're really making yourself look quite silly.

This is getting serious, you need to get a good grip on yourself before your "twin conditions" of heathenism and instablity gets the best of you, lol.

Delano

I think you're talking about those who hold two SEPARATE beliefs in their head at the same time.

Holding multiple beliefs at the same time is good and makes one a great strategist, planner, and generally organized thinker.

The game of chess is excellent in helping one to develop this skill.

What Cynique is doing is holding two (or possibly more) OPPOSING beliefs at the same time

......which is a pathology if I'm not mistaken, lol.

If you believe your dog has died a physical death but his soul has moved on, that's 2 separate beliefs. That's Ok.

But if you believe your dog has died a physical death, but still believes he's in the kitchen chewing on a turkey bone; then turn around and snap at family members who try to tell you anything different........now that's fuucked up!

Medication may be required for that one, lol.

I think we can agree on one thing, Pioneer. We could never be members of a mutual admiration society. You just don't get it. It doesn't penetrate your denseness that I am not trying to convince or convert you to my way of thinking, which you keep "explaining" even as you claim you don't know what the messsage is. It's still not getting through to you that I don't care if my spectrum of beliefs is too bright for your stagnant blind faith. Or do you seem to be aware of what should be obvious: You don't stand a snowball's chance in hell when it comes to competing with the great expanded minds of free thinkers that I revere, so you need to quit trying to lecture to me because nothing you say is accurate or informative. It's just griping and sniping. :angry:

You also need to go somewhere and sit down because all of that self-serving, melo-dramatic rhetoric you're reciting is passe. Why don't you join the 21st century? Martin Luther King has become a "brand", Malcolm X the subject of biographies which dull his sheen, Marcus Garvey remains a tragic failure, the civil rights movement a dream unfufilled, the race problem still with us, and black folks worse off than ever. How's that religious thing workin out for ya, babe? :(

And what a coincidence that you bring up the subject of fools because you could be the poster boy for the old adage about "a fool who knows not that he is a fool." I recall your mentioning not being able to find black men to have an intelligent conversation with. Maybe they just don't feel like being an audience for somebody who thinks he has a monopoly on the truth. Um, that would be you. "Pioneer", hell. How can anybody who can't see past his nose blaze a trail??? :wacko: HUH HUH ?

And talk about the pot calling the kettle black. How can an ego-maniac like you have the gall to diagnose anybody else's disorders? If I did suffer from multiple personalities, believe me all of them would be able to see through a wanna-be like you. :lol:

Cynique

After reading some of your other posts and seeing how that (( R )) rattling peanut you call a brain operates, I have a pretty good idea of where you're getting YOUR "inspiration"....and what brand you're using, lol.

((As the back-n-forth between Pioneer and Cynique tips the balance from more logical than emotional - to more emotional and down right immature; I feel it's a good time to leave that foolishness behind and continue the march forward towards enlightenment))

Where Does Your Inspiration Come From?

I asked where does your inspiration come from.

Let us look at this word: INSPIRATION

It was brought to us from the Latin word "inspiratio"

Meaning to literally "enter the spirit" or fill with the spirit.

In reality, all TRUE inspiration must come from an OUTSIDE SOURCE.

You don't inspire yourself, nor does your inspiration come from the mechanics of your own brain.

If it is inspiration, it must come from a source(s) outside of you.

Giving the Latin root of a word, doesn't prove anything, except that the person doing this is trying to be erudite. ;) It can also be postulated in English that inspiration comes from a combination of things; inside and out. An idea may already exist, but In order for it to manifest itself in reality, the mind must tap into it. If that doesn't occur, then neither will inspiration.

Depends on whether you equate a reaction with an inspiration.

How about you, Delano. Are you inspired by criticism?

Cynique I don't understand your answer.

That depends on whether I feel it us a valid criticism. If it id valid then it will or May motivate me, but I wouldn't feel inspired. If the intention is to hurt my feelings then less so. Sometimes it is a mix of the two. Then I dint think I can answer your question objectively.

The only reason a person would use such an uncommon word as "erudite" in a conversation is if they were trying to be just that, lol.

Delano

I personally don't find any inspiration in criticism.

I often find it CORRECTING, and don't necessarily dismiss it.....but someone else's critique doesn't necessarily inspire me to any new ideas.

Regardless as to the REASON someone may do it, whenever someone criticizes me or something I've said/done I've learned to first examine their critique to see if there is any truth in it.

If there is....I try to correct it.

If not......I decided whether to ignore it or launch a counter-attack.

Delano, are you named after Franklin Delano Roosevelt, - the man who was the president for the first 12 years of my life, back when there were no term limits on the office? Just curious.

What I meant in my reply was that my "reaction" to a criticism can sometimes "inspire" me to retort.

In using an appropriate adjective to describe something or someone, Pioneer, I don't think I'm trying to be erudite, I think I'm succeeding.

Perhaps more interesting is the shift from inspiration to action. Even if you don't know the exact origination of an idea, the moment you begin to do something with an idea, moving it to a creative concept, is an intentional choice, often founded on routine or patterns of creative behavior.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this