Steppin his game up

Guest Try smarter, not harder

Guest Try smarter, not harder

...So I was watching Divorce Court the other day. Interracial couple, bm/ww. They were having a dispute about his infidelity, her stabbing him in the foot and owing him 3 stacks for the emergency room visit...and her "ghetto" behavior in which this this samborific step-n-fechit remarks (TO JUDGE LYNN..who is a beautiful sista) "If i wanted ghetto, I would have married a black woman!"

Of course Judge Lynn schooled this spearchucking bandicoot and read him like a damn book, lol. What amused me about his words is that this fool was neck rolling, using broken english and behaving just like a "ghetto black woman" he vehemently despises.

So I ask....the standard for a black woman (to a black man....I could care less about other races of males because I dont fuck with them on any level besides professsionally) of course is always higher than for other races of broads...but why dont we do the same? Seriously...we need to step our game up. NOT when it comes to "acting ghetto". Fuck that. I mean making a man STEP HIS GAME UP. Men do shit to impress US, meaning all the coonatrics and niggatry being displayed is primarily to impress us because - sadly - it does impress MOST black women.

Men will act right IF we SHOW we WANT THEM TOO. So the next time some black man steps to you...clad in skinny jeans, a wife beater and gucci shoes with a mouth full of cheap gold, breath smelling like wet pennies...and talking like his tongue had a damn stroke...ask him what his credit and SAT scores were/are.

My grandson practically lives on FaceBook. When he's not on it, he is bringing me up to date in regard to his exchanges there. Time and time again he tells me about all of the teen-aged girls who are putting themselves out there, posting provocative pictures of themselves, cussing each other out and making connections with guys. My grandson, who is quite handsome,(but so outrageous that I "unfriended him" and am thinking about disowning him because he is a faithful disciple of Lil Wayne and the black sheep of his 2-parent family.)

Anyhow, he reports that he's lost count of the number of facebook girls in frantic pursuit of him, many of whom have showed up at his doorstep, ready for action. His mother has had to kick several of them out when she discovered he had sneaked them into his bedroom. He marvels, himself, that he doesn't even know the last names of some of his bootie calls.

I asked him what he makes of this and he says that these young skeezers are the daughters of young mamas and grandaughters of 45-year-olds and all they are thinking about is finding some guy whose name they can have tattoed on their body before hoping to get pregnant by him. He says, with uncommon wisdom, that these girls are all loved-starved because they ain't got no daddies, and they'll do anything to get a man. This is the dead-end situation that leads to black men becoming spoiled, trifling players and black women being relegated to the bottom of the dating totem pole, burdened with a lot of baggage. Of course, this is just one facet of black life but its negative repercussions spill out into the larger culture.

What can be learned from all of this? A familiar lesson: A good strong father heading up the family unit makes all the difference in the world because he not only provides a role model for his sons and but a love fulfillment for his daughters, circumstances which increase the chances of children growing into adults capable of having healthy relationships with the oppposite sex. But the future for the increasing existence of such situations looks bleak

So, all this advice about what single black sistas should do is futile. All one can do is to hope that, where finding a good man is concerned, she will get LUCKY. She also might consider, enhancing her luck by delaying motherhood.

• 2 weeks later...

My grandson practically lives on FaceBook. When he's not on it, he is bringing me up to date in regard to his exchanges there. Time and time again he tells me about all of the teen-aged girls who are putting themselves out there, posting provocative pictures of themselves, cussing each other out and making connections with guys. My grandson, who is quite handsome,(but so outrageous that I "unfriended him" and am thinking about disowning him because he is a faithful disciple of Lil Wayne and the black sheep of his 2-parent family.)

Anyhow, he reports that he's lost count of the number of facebook girls in frantic pursuit of him, many of whom have showed up at his doorstep, ready for action. His mother has had to kick several of them out when she discovered he had sneaked them into his bedroom. He marvels, himself, that he doesn't even know the last names of some of his bootie calls.

I asked him what he makes of this and he says that these young skeezers are the daughters of young mamas and grandaughters of 45-year-olds and all they are thinking about is finding some guy whose name they can have tattoed on their body before hoping to get pregnant by him. He says, with uncommon wisdom, that these girls are all loved-starved because they ain't got no daddies, and they'll do anything to get a man. This is the dead-end situation that leads to black men becoming spoiled, trifling players and black women being relegated to the bottom of the dating totem pole, burdened with a lot of baggage. Of course, this is just one facet of black life but its negative repercussions spill out into the larger culture.

What can be learned from all of this? A familiar lesson: A good strong father heading up the family unit makes all the difference in the world because he not only provides a role model for his sons and but a love fulfillment for his daughters, circumstances which increase the chances of children growing into adults capable of having healthy relationships with the oppposite sex. But the future for the increasing existence of such situations looks bleak

So, all this advice about what single black sistas should do is futile. All one can do is to hope that, where finding a good man is concerned, she will get LUCKY. She also might consider, enhancing her luck by delaying motherhood.

Your wisdom and common sense are both on point, Ms. Cynique.

I just find it disheartening that many black women do NOT want a man...just a male that they can make excuses for and coddle like a toddler.

It's true, a STRONG FATHER FIGURE is a role model for ALL of his children, regardless of the sex because really...HE is really what SHE (daughter) has as the first example of what a MAN is suppose to be.

Fuck Dr. Phil....CYNIQUE IS IN THE BUILDING!

Well, all three of the comments are on the money. No doubt about it. This is the very type of behavior I comment about only to often times face venomous retaliatory personal attacks from angry Negroes who foam at the mouth because I dared to speak harshly of the coon culture. I can see from the comments by all three of the black female posters that they are equally dismayed and disappointed at the public self-degrading and inexcusable behavior of a tragic segment of black Americans. Cynique is absolutely correct. The absence of active and positive black male figures has been the Achilles heel of black America. And more sadly as she noted –there is nothing in sight that suggests the entrenchment of coonery is going to subside or change (for the better) anytime soon. Too bad, too sad but too true……