Have you experienced mental telepathy?

A lot of racial uniqueness is biological.  In general, black people are said to be more right-brained than left brained.  They are spontaneous and creative and good at improvising.   

Instead of applying the Rap  term YOLO  to you, Troy, maybe it would've been more apt to commend you for compiling a "bucket list" ahead of time.   

• 1 month later...

Why is stuff so normal considered to be paranormal? It's kind of like how wearing suit, ties, and stockings in the blazing sun is normal while wearing little or no clothing in such heat is abnormal.

I don't find anything "para"normal about one closing his eyes in sleep and seeing the events of things to come played out for him. Nor do I find anything "para" normal about one spinning without physically moving, leaving her body, floating, going to other realms. What is not normal about being able to hear things that are actually being said or thought without being in the physical presence of those who are saying them? 

What I do, however, find abnormal is that we continue to find these things abnormal or unbelievable. What is really abnormal? Being so far removed from those parts of us unlimited by flesh until we think that this physical realm is all there is an existence so unlimited or being in closer touch with those parts of us unlimited by flesh and thinking that there is much more to existence than this physical realm? 

It's almost as baffling as seeing how baffled some of the "greatest minds" (whatever the criteria for that is... :wacko:)  in literature are to this day over these lines: "Beauty is truth, truth beauty- that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."  

• Like 3

It is my analogy, or I can't remember where I heard it.

I think our emotions, our subconscious and our soul all make decisions that we are. Unaware

So cool and sagacious.  Is piscean influence strong somewhere in your chart? I don't know much about the science of astrology, yet I would love to learn. I know that you suggest good books, but I think that I'd (and perhaps others here as well) be more enthused about reading yours. 

On another note, it's really refreshing to see how while some are not exactly sold on certain concepts/possibilities, they are not blindly dismissing them (which seems to often be the case with such things).

We can not KNOW what was BEFORE the big bang (the creation of the universe). Their are things that are simply unknowable, we can speculate, formulate or guess but there are many things we simply can not know.

I just get nervous with people who say they know something that is unknowable.

I get really nervous with people who not only claim they know the unknowable, but punish or even kill you for not agreeing with them.  

I find all of this stuff fascinating whether it is paranormal or otherwise.

We get into trouble, when we seek to capture reality in  language.  Some things are too profund for words. We may know things but cannot express what we know.  We just know it.  We all have intuition.  We have to develop and trust  and  enable it with an open mind.  De ja vu should always be given weight.  And I am venturing  into the unknown realm even as I caution against the inadequacy of words...  :wacko:

• Like 1

Admin

Pioneer I'm April 8th what is your birthday?

Don't care too much for giving my birthdate in a public forum, but I'm an Aries too.

While I don't believe the star(s) you're born under can tell you your future or destiny, I do believe it helps to shape your personality and temperment.

As an Aries I've found that I have much more success when I'm honest and direct with people than when I try to be smooth and diplomatic.

Waterstar

I'm not going to lie, I don't consider myself very psychic or sensative but I know some people who do.

The reason it's called paranormal or "outside of normal" is because most people aren't sensitive enough to pick up on activity from the spiritual realm.  For most people psychic experiences and communication with spirits are rare.

Cynique

As much as I believe in psychic experiences,  I have an interesting theory about SOME feelings of de ja vu....

I believe there's some sort of chemical or mechanism in the brain that signals familiarity with our surroundings and sometimes when it spontaneously misfires we may get a FEELING of having known something or been to certain place before when infact we haven't.

I may have been kneeling or sitting in an akward position for too long and when I got up too quickly with the blood rushed to my head I sometimes got that "de ja vu" type feeling.

Cynique, De Ja Vu can be induced.  It is pretty much known to a be a natural conidtion that occurs from time to time in people, basically you experince something and part of the brain recognizes it to late and when it catches up you think you previously experienced it.  There are people suffering from this condition perpetually.  There is even a name for it.

I'm just saying :mellow:

While I don't believe the star(s) you're born under can tell you your future or destiny, I do believe it helps to shape your personality and temperment.

I think your personality is very much connected with your destiny. I also think that astrology can indeed forsee the future. Look up William Lily and the great fire of London. I have also had some experiences showing me that it is possible bit without 100% accuracy or precision. However the success is greater than chance although I can't quantify it.

On a related note the theories of quantum physics allow for some equations to run either withered or backwards. There are some interesting experiments done with light, that suggest that light has an awareness. Which is very interesting because it is a defining concept in physics, yet elusive as is time and space.

An astrology chart is unique in that it can tell you not only when but where any event/birth took place. Since every place has both latitude and longitude . However every believes to their level of understanding, mostly.

I don't believe anyone "knows" their destiny because no human being knows the future or when they're going to die.

You may be able to predict your destiny based on various factors, like seeing a little boy who's always getting into fights and trouble at school and predicting that he's going to be a criminal in and out of jail when he grows up.

....and those predictions can be pretty accurate at times.

But in my opinion only God "knows" the future and thus knows our destiny.

In regard to my comment on De ja Vu.  Have those who dismisssed it, ever duplicated the brain activity conditions they say bring it on?  I ask because there are 2 schools of thought about near-death experiences which skeptics put in a class with De ja Vu. And there are people who  swear the near-death phenomenon is authenic because it hasn't been disproved.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a 3rd eye.  Apparently with age, the shape of my eyeballs has changed because my vision has improved.  I used to be  near-sighted but now I can see fairly well without glasses.  I'm told this is not uncommon over a long period of time.  But since my face is assymetrical, one of my eye balls is now slightly  of kilter.  Often, I can be looking at something and if I blink I'll see a different scene.  If I close my eyes and open them again, the original scene will reappear.  I live around the clock and tend to be a night owl.  In the wee small hours of the morning,  I experience a lot of mysterious things... :o   That ol quantum physics action  kicks in.  I see things out of the corner of my eyes, but they disappear if I try to focus on them directly... :wacko: I have pictures of myself when I was 5, 14, and 17 years old taped to my computer because I like to surround myself with images of me when I was young.  If I stare at them long enough from a certain distance, the figures of me begin to vibrate and then jump out from the photos and make eye contact with me. :rolleyes:

OK, I'm done...

Quite the contrary Del, peoples differing beliefs intrigue me.  I welcome them.  I read them I even occassionally revise my beliefs and unsubscribe to one that I previously disagreed with.  They call it learning.

In our culture diagreement is often viewed as dislike, a lack of understanding or the opposing position or even "troubling" to the disagreer.  

That said.  Regarding De Ja Vu and even near the death experiences both have been replicated in a lab.  We know what causes these things.  That is not a mystery.  Man's ability to ascribe a other worldly or spiritual explaintion to these things is nothing new either.

Del you should talk about the people you describe as "fanitics" because that term is realtive and very subjectve.  To some a person who goes to church every Sunday, gives 10% or their income to that chruch, believe homesexuals are damned, and that dinasaurs roamed the earth with man be a fanantic to some.  But in their community they are in the mainstream.

Disagrement is normal and we are all "fanatics." 

A fanatic holds a belief and is not willing to examine it. In addition this belief influences them to act in an abnormal manner. A can of Justin Bieber who has their room wall. Papered. With his posters. And is single minded in their devotion. In my opinion would be considered fanatical.

My apologies for my statement about your character. Upon reflection it was incorrect and does you an injustice.

No worries Del no one has ever said anything to me here that causes me any personal problems I prefer the honesty.

But again I assert your definition of "a Fanitic" is relative. Even this definition, "A fanatic holds a belief and is not willing to examine it."  depends upn who holds the view. I could very easily argue you are a fanatic about some things.  Most of humanitty are fanatics about something :-)

Del, I think you are fanatical, for example, about your belief that we are not just a soulless biological mechanism, that ceases to exist, in all forms, at the moment of death. 

I say fanatical because you would not entertain this idea for a split second, nor would you tolerate this idea being taught to your kids in school to the exclusion of any alternatives.  I also suspect you would even think less of people who believed this (though you probably would like this about yourself).

By fanatic, I don't mean to suggest that you would strap a bomb to your chest and blow yourself up and others up who believed my statement above; but fanatic in the sense that you are very passionate about your beliefs, so much so that you study them far beyond what the majority of people do.

How is that?

I am passionate or driven about my beliefs, but they are beliefs not facts. I also think that beliefs are arbitrary.

No I encourage my children to think for themselves.

No I wouldn't think less of people who weren't open minded. That may be you projecting.

I would day that I am curious. Recently though I feel rewarded for my curiosity.

I have no way of knowing what people do, majority, minority, elite or plebian. Nor do I know how it would be possible.

I think there are a few ways of knowing. Experience, being told, instruction, experimentation and intuition. U like to think I use the last two more than the first three.

I may be projecting but that is part of the human condition, that and the fact that I actually do think less of closed minded people.

Also if we know anything about people it IS what they do. It is what people think is much more difficult to devine. But soon there were be machines capable of reading out thoughts before we are consciously aware of them ourselves.

Ok so you are not a fanatic about this topic.

What about your children? Are you fanatical about them? Would you do anything to protect them, including giving your life? Would you make great personal sacrifice to ensure their comfort and well being -- beyond what you would do for a stranger or even a friend?

I reckon it would be easier to read emotions. I think the mind is luke an iceberg. Much lies in the subconscious.

it's like you can only save tour mother or your spouse. Who would you save. Would I give up my life probably not, because then I wouldn't be around to protect them.

Great personal sacrifice probably not. I have noticed that mothers are mote likely to say yes to all your queries re their children.

I also find that mothers tend to get more upset when kids misbehave. Its the, "I have given up dough fir you and you are ungrateful."

Do I treat my kids better then strangers. Yes, but I expect more from them.

I have been a few situations where I could choose to help someone or remain safe. Two out of three I helped. With one I was about to run but someone else ran to help and I assisted them. Those situations either you react or think, sometimes both.

So like many things the answer isn't always obvious. All three events happened more than a decade ago but I still remember them.

• 2 months later...

I have been a few situations where I could choose to help someone or remain safe. Two out of three I helped. With one I was about to run but someone else ran to help and I assisted them. Those situations either you react or think, sometimes both.

So like many things the answer isn't always obvious. All three events happened more than a decade ago but I still remember them.           

I don't think there is any shame in making sure YOU are safe before you go running to someone else's rescue.

An old acquaintance of mind was recently killed at a nighclub after coming to the assistance of a woman who was allegedly being assaulted by a man.  He stepped in to defend the woman and help usher the man out and later that night he came back shooting.

Like so many homicides in Detroit and other urban areas of our nation, no arrest was made in the incident.

Now the brother is dead.

The woman is nowhere to be found....probably still frequenting other nightclubs.

And the shooter is probably somewhere chilling looking for his next stunt to pull.

In this society, "chivalry" gets you nowhere.

People don't appreciate heroes like they used to.

• 2 years later...

Pioneer I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past. My approach is to describe events both past and future and when they have or will happen. Check out what I wrote in predicting the future using Astrology about the US Presidential Elections.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Delano said:

Que?

@Delano

"something" told me I would better understand the answers in the "psychic ability" topic I posted, if I began here... I'm now on the first page and it has been incredibly enlightening. As I mentioned I sensed "Pi" movie energy from you - and your response in this topic confirms to me why I felt it.   You've already put the information in the aether so I think that's how I was able to access it. (not sure but I think that's how mental telepathy works... To that end, I feel that you may be experiencing a block with Pioneer because you two speak different languages... Your symbols conflict with his symbols - he's emotion based and you're logic based - and it's producing conflict.  There's something you have to learn from each other... as both of you have someone like the other in their immediate circle that you both like to communicate with but can't seem to find the words to make the connection... I think if you both seek to translate what the other is saying in your own language - you will reach a breakthrough...

maybe not with each other but in your respective offline lives

On 1/12/2013 at 3:45 PM, Cynique said:

. All I could do was cry. To ease my guilt, I wrote the most fitting obituary I could compose, brought her a beautiful casket and a large headstone, and gave a lot of the money away because I didn't think I deserved it.

This came up in the chart that @Delano prepared - although it wasn't ongoing behavior it did happen

"There was two things I mentioned which would not be apparent. Helping behind the scenes and empathy. You give assistance and you don't want the fanfare, sometimes you help or donate anonymously."

• Like 1

On 1/16/2013 at 1:00 PM, Troy said:

If I hold an egg, at arms length and drop it; most of us know the egg will fall to the floor and not remain suspended it mid air, or go flying into outer space.

An egg will on drop on the floor here on earth - due to gravity.

Therefore, free will is limited to the natural laws of the environment.  If you know and understand the natural laws and make your decisions accordingly then nothing is predetermined.

On 1/16/2013 at 6:19 PM, Pioneer1 said:

"Speak your latent conviction. . . Else tomorrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another.” -Emerson: Self-Reliance

Preach!!!

On 1/18/2013 at 7:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The experiences of a woman who was born Black and raised under the somewhat oppressive somewhat turbulent social and political climate of the 20th century United States is going to be different than the experiences of a White woman born in....say....the 17th century of Ireland.

The same factors that may have led to you being a happy faced bread baking nun back then wouldn’t have existed for your current embodiement and thus would have bred a different personality and temperment.

So you were just being contrary then...because this is what I said about perceiving racism" - Sometimes I think there are several people occupying Pioneer1!

On 4/13/2013 at 6:26 PM, Cynique said:

De ja vu should always be given weight. 

@Cynique  this is another strong ESP area for me.. I've actually witnessed something before but when actually experiencing it, I changed the outcome. I took a different path  during the experience than when I only witnessed it. The outcome was decidedly better than when I witnessed it the first time.     

When I define De Ja Vu - it means for me to witness something then experience it.  For me I only recognize it's a deja vu when it's an actual experience.  I'll say - uh-oh... I know how this turns out and then I react or respond differently... I experienced Deja Vu in this discussion forum. today. I saw a response to me - and at first I was going to answer it one way -but I remembered the outcome would result in something unpleasant...and today, I didn't want antagonize, I wanted to be understood.

Thanks twin. For the heads up. I think conceptually logically with a bit of intuition. I have to learn to let it go. Because i am being closed minded that people should be open minded. 

You and i seem to have a  conceptual telepathy. Astrologically there's probably a Pluto aspect the Moon and/or Mercury. 

@Mel i had a similar contentious interaction with a Black Astrologer. I learned or rather I am learning don't waste my time, with condescending people that don't know what I am doing. 

3 hours ago, Delano said:

Thanks twin. For the heads up. I think conceptually logically with a bit of intuition. I have to learn to let it go. Because i am being closed minded that people should be open minded.

@Delano

Twin!!!   I think logically and yes conceptually too! ..When I speak, sometimes I behave like the characters Mr. Spock/Star Trek or Dr Temperance Brennan on "Bones" - I learned how to speak "emotion"  from watching others and listening to how they emotionalize their conversation.   The only time I stray is when I'm speaking metaphysically but then again metaphysics is the mother of logic, so maybe not :shrugs:

• Like 2

Mel

Well if you like that quote so much, I think I'll use it as my signature !
I actually intended to do so a long time ago but forgot about it.

So you were just being contrary then...because this is what I said about perceiving racism" - Sometimes I think there are several people occupying Pioneer1!

Whaaaa.....huh??

Mel that quote is over 4 years old and I don't even know where you go it or what context it was said in.
I briefly looked back in this thread but couldn't find it, which thread did it come from?
Maybe if I see it in context I can explain it.....or reject it.....because I have changed much of my thinking since that period of time.

BTW, your "twin" said:
"
I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past."

How does that work out when YOU don't seem to accept that there's a past OR a future?

I  was just thinking about my oldest son this morning while puttering around the kitchen.  On my way back to my "cave", there was a knock on the front door.  Guess who it was? My son.  Twice last week i was either deciding to call one of my kids or was wondering something about them and right after these thoughts, they  phoned.  For me, this is a common occurrence and i know we all experience this type of telepathy from time to time. It's commonly called "thinking somebody up". I  would consider this proof that ESP does exist but, as we have all concluded, it is something that has to be developed and that certain people have a better facility for it than others. 

ESP  that is more fine-tuned would be about sending  a specific message to another person.  This would involve getting on each other's wave length and concentration on the part of the 2 parties.  Trying to communicate with someone independently of their awareness of your doing this is a real test. But this does occur and we refer to this as the "something told me to"  phenomenon. This is in the 'hunch" category.   

The human mind is a computer.  in my dotage, i am experiencing dementia.  I have a terrible time remembering the names of people and places, usually  familiar ones that i see on TV. But what i do is feed into my subconscious mind, all of the  "data" i know about the thing whose name i've forgotten and then let it go.  Within a half hour the name will pop into my head.  

Something else i've started fooling around with for some unknown reason.  i am right-handed but i will write something on a piece of paper, backwards with my left hand.   i'll write a whole phrase backwards with my left hand.  Then when i look at what i've written with a mirror, or turn the paper over and hold it up to the light. What i see is perfectly written.   What's interesting is that what i see, looks nothing like my regular handwriting. I've always been somewhat ambi-dextrious but now i pretty much am.

i recently had my eyes tested for a new pair of glasses.  My right eye is "weaker" than my left one. When i wake up in the morning, i put one hand in front of my left eye and look at something; then i do the same thing to my right eye.  Things look different between my different-eyed view of them.  With my right eye, it's like i have x-ray vision and when  lying there looking at my foot with my left eye covered, i can see the skelectical bone structure of my foot with my right eye.  Maybe i'm an alien.  :huh:

Anybody else have similar experiences? 

• Like 1

The left hand writing and feeding the unconscious are Magickal techniques that were told to me 18 and 11 years ago. I met one other person that knows without knowing. They are one of the best all around psychics and magicians o ever met. They also just thought they made it up. The xray vision i know nothing about it .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cynique said:

Trying to communicate with someone independently of their awareness of your doing this is a real test. But this does occur and we refer to this as the "something told me to"  phenomenon. This is in the 'hunch" category.   

I've done this once with great accuracy. The other person was also concentrating. She was in Ireland - I was in West Virginia, another friend was in Wisconsin (I think).  I can't remember what messaging system were were using - I want to say icq) I remember just sharing the mental images - the images weren't coming in whole form but pieces... so I'd shared it one at time sort of like putting a puzzle together, while I was constructing what she was thinking of ... then I got the picture and I told her what I saw. 

Here's the kicker though I didn't receive what she said she was thinking of... I saw Viennetta Ice Cream Cake . She confirmed she was indeed eating viennetta ice cream cake while playing along... it was the most bizarre experience because I didn't think I would ever receive a mental image from someone else. Especially something as specific as the type of ice cream.  lol. 

I think the key here was she was open to sending - but just didn't realize what really had her attention lol. 

Now I just act on the "Something said" and "hunches" but I'm confident even if it's a big ole miss. 

I agree doing it independently of someone's awareness maybe difficult and even unethical.  I suspect , however, we do it all the time and receive mental images from anyone anywhere.  

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 10:09 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Mel

Whaaaa.....huh??

Mel that quote is over 4 years old and I don't even know where you go it or what context it was said in.
I briefly looked back in this thread but couldn't find it, which thread did it come from?
Maybe if I see it in context I can explain it.....or reject it.....because I have changed much of my thinking since that period of time.

BTW, your "twin" said:
"
I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past."

How does that work out when YOU don't seem to accept that there's a past OR a future?

@Pioneer1 That quote is from this  thread "Have you experienced mental telepathy"... In fact,most of  your comments in this thread are quite lucid and inspiring ..

As for my Twin, @Delano and I share some of the same language symbols. It's like we belong to a tribe where the dialect, subtleties and colloquialisms are understood.   I understood his reference points in the context of how he used "past", "future" in his divination.  I understood these references as research and communication tools.   I also wrote I use "past and future" for communication purposes but I don't believe they actually exist. Everything is in the "Now"

Yes i heard a really good scientific description of time and events. You may find it by searching the Absolute Elsewhere + two lines of light. 

Yes Mel and I come from the same place. It makea sense that you are a writer. You can paint pictures with words or write conceptually 

• Like 1

Mel

Yeah....I remember making that statement but I just couldn't figure out where.

I THOUGHT it may have been in this thread....looked at the date....and went back to the page trying to find it about 4 or 5 times and just didn't see it for some reason.
I was actually trying NOT to ask you and look silly....lol..but after so many attempts I finally decided to ask and when you confirmed it was from this thread for some reason I was able to go back to the very same page I read over 5 times before and see it. 

:ph34r:Perhaps your twin Del was working some sort of magic to keep it hidden for a few days.

• Like 1